d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Scotland Is A Real Country > Yes
Prev1567
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,819.09
Sep 17 2014 09:21pm
Quote (bogie160 @ Sep 17 2014 10:55pm)
Are you considering America a subset of British culture?

Edit: Fuck you Quebecois, learn your place.

Yes. British culture can be divided into different branches of which British culture is the tree. Some are near identical, others include elements from many other cultures. Fundamentally though American culture is derived from British culture. A culture is based on historical norms, morality, and tradition, and American culture is mostly similar to Britain's in this way. You can think of British culture as culture in English speaking nations. It's also the secondary culture in most of the world.

This post was edited by Caedus on Sep 17 2014 09:21pm
Gold: 12,002.80
Sep 18 2014 02:14am
Quote (bogie160 @ 17 Sep 2014 22:55)
Are you considering America a subset of British culture?

Edit: Fuck you Quebecois, learn your place.

Such eloquence, such fluidity to your words. I'm so glad a higher spirit has decided for me what my place is, because it was growing too heavy a burden for my feeble mind to decide for itself!

On a more serious note, keep being mad, we'll keep not caring if others think we're out of place or not.
Gold: 633.87
Sep 18 2014 09:04am
Quote (StephanePare @ Sep 18 2014 03:14am)
Such eloquence, such fluidity to your words. I'm so glad a higher spirit has decided for me what my place is, because it was growing too heavy a burden for my feeble mind to decide for itself!

On a more serious note, keep being mad, we'll keep not caring if others think we're out of place or not.

Quebec is just limping along, you'd think they'd show more gratitude to the hard workers who make their lives possible.

Thread - Today is the day that decides whether the UK becomes a rump of a state and a running joke in political circles. I can't see how they could maintain their permanent seat status for long.
Gold: 284,905.50
Sep 18 2014 09:18am
Quote (Caedus @ Sep 17 2014 11:21pm)
Yes. British culture can be divided into different branches of which British culture is the tree. Some are near identical, others include elements from many other cultures. Fundamentally though American culture is derived from British culture. A culture is based on historical norms, morality, and tradition, and American culture is mostly similar to Britain's in this way. You can think of British culture as culture in English speaking nations. It's also the secondary culture in most of the world.

american have perverted UK and many other countries culture, now we are stuck with what we can call there "fast food culture", the influence is growing like Islam religion, a vermin threatening to contaminate all the world.

Islam religion and american culture has this thing in common, to think that they have a good influence while they are just ravaging people's mind

Gold: 7,525.35
Sep 18 2014 03:42pm
Stolen from my twitter feed:

'Nervously awaiting congressional vote authorizing airstrikes on the breakaway Scot republic, and to supply materiel to "moderate Scots." '
Gold: 3.33
Sep 18 2014 05:16pm
Quote (Master_Zappy @ Sep 17 2014 11:29pm)
They way I see it, is Scotland has been under British rule for some odd 300 years, and now has a unique and rare chance to become sovereign again. If your Scottish and dont vote to become independent your an asshole and are dishonoring your ancestors.  Even if there are some temporary negatives to the transition, to be able to stand on your own as a nation outweighs any potential negatives.

So basically you don't know anything about the topic and are just commenting with your inbuilt patriotism first, then think later American attitude. Scotland has not been under our rule for a long time, they are a country united in a kingdom. They have lots of different laws, free borders (no passport control) and access to each others universities.

The reason why we bother having a kingdom of a few countries is because we are not big in terms of size. Helps Northern Ireland, Wales and Scotland have our shared resources and get recognised as a powerhouse that is the UK.

This post was edited by dro94 on Sep 18 2014 05:19pm
Gold: 284,905.50
Sep 18 2014 05:54pm
last call for good luck :banana:
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1567
Closed New Topic New Poll