d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Commercialization Of 911
Prev1678
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3.33
Sep 13 2014 08:12am
Quote (sylvannos @ Sep 13 2014 02:17pm)
And business doesn't require a strong understanding of math? I don't know what kind of Mary Poppins program you have over there, but in the U.S., business majors are required to take calculus, economics, stats, and philosophy/ethics. I'd really like to see your numbers regarding the benefits of majoring in economics over other degrees.

Georgetown (the university that got the statistics for what I posted) is one of the oldest universities in the country. It's up there with Yale, Harvard, and Princeton. Former president Bill Clinton graduated from there. In other words, it wasn't some derpshit survey with sketchy sources.

But it was from a study in a single region with a limited pool of graduates.

Look at this article, http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2011/jul/18/graduate-employment-by-university-and-subject#data , specifically the data under "Employment rates by level of qualification, mode of qualification and subject of study". My degree Economics and Maths BSc would be under mathematical sciences, business under Business & Administrative Studies. Employment rates are higher, at least in the UK.

Business doesn't require degree level maths understanding in the UK, just accounting (add,minus,multiply,divide) and basic AS level calculus (differentiation, integration, maybe a few others). Economics does, because you need to understand multiple regression analysis, econometrics and game theory which are derpshit hard. Most economics courses require A level Maths to apply whereas Business only requires GCSE level understanding for undergraduates.

This post was edited by dro94 on Sep 13 2014 08:13am
Gold: 0.00
Sep 13 2014 08:32am
Quote (dro94 @ 13 Sep 2014 14:12)
But it was from a study in a single region with a limited pool of graduates.

Look at this article, http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2011/jul/18/graduate-employment-by-university-and-subject#data , specifically the data under "Employment rates by level of qualification, mode of qualification and subject of study". My degree Economics and Maths BSc would be under mathematical sciences, business under Business & Administrative Studies. Employment rates are higher, at least in the UK.

Business doesn't require degree level maths understanding in the UK, just accounting (add,minus,multiply,divide) and basic AS level calculus (differentiation, integration, maybe a few others). Economics does, because you need to understand multiple regression analysis, econometrics and game theory which are derpshit hard. Most economics courses require A level Maths to apply whereas Business only requires GCSE level understanding for undergraduates.

Who really gives a shit? You don't even have the degree yet and it's undergrad. Please stop spamming the forum with your butthurt nonsense.

This post was edited by Scaly on Sep 13 2014 08:33am
Gold: 3.33
Sep 13 2014 08:48am
Quote (Scaly @ Sep 13 2014 03:32pm)
Who really gives a shit? You don't even have the degree yet and it's undergrad. Please stop spamming the forum with your butthurt nonsense.

That guy does because he asked me to look up relevant information. Anything else?
Gold: 0.00
Sep 13 2014 08:54am
Quote (dro94 @ 13 Sep 2014 14:48)
That guy does because he asked me to look up relevant information. Anything else?

?

Seriously... this guy. Grow up.
Gold: 475.46
Sep 13 2014 09:20am
as long as the money goes to help the victims and family's i dont see any problem with it.

if it goes into a few pockets and not to the victims then yes i have a huge problem with it.
Gold: 53.00
Sep 13 2014 05:01pm
If tax dollars paid for it...i would pay for you to go see something i care nothing about and would never go see...pay your own way
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Sep 13 2014 05:04pm
Quote (0M3GA @ 14 Sep 2014 02:01)
If tax dollars paid for it...i would pay for you to go see something i care nothing about and would never go see...pay your own way

seems like a good strategy, thanx for tips
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1678
Add Reply New Topic New Poll