d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Neo Segregation - An Issue Of Race
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,617.52
Sep 8 2014 04:46pm
Solution? There is no 'solution" imo, only difference choices and attitudes toward what is.

1 Like snake said its clear to see that others' cultures are entirely different from your own, that their culture can have a significant effect on you which is therefore worth noticing. and also that the two cultures themselves are often incompatible.

2 A smart thing to do would be to raise your children properly in that regard and encourage others to do the same. Teach them to follow the culture they want and respect others' even if they don't approve.

3 Policy can't affect lifestyle choices in a free society. Measures to restrict tend to intensify what they prohibit where desire is still strong, hence America's current situation on several issues.
Gold: 285.00
Sep 8 2014 04:59pm
African-American isn't a race, it is a political designation that didn't exist until a 1970's Jessie Jackson speech.

Considering we have been a multicultural society since our nation's founding I'm not sure what the problem is.

People are always going to stereotype and make other hasty inferences, if it isn't skin color it would be accent or some other arbitrary determinant.

Our diversity has traditionally given us a great deal of strength and it will continue to do so.

1. Difference and repetition.

2. Education makes people equals, that is where to start. As long as our public schools are segregated we will continue to have problems.

3. I'm not sure what you mean integration.

This post was edited by Skinned on Sep 8 2014 05:00pm
Gold: 9,039.20
Sep 8 2014 04:59pm
Has someone posted the racism pyramid yet, lol
Gold: 0.00
Sep 8 2014 07:21pm
Quote (Skinned @ Sep 8 2014 02:59pm)
African-American isn't a race, it is a political designation that didn't exist until a 1970's Jessie Jackson speech.

Indeed.

The term "African-American" is just a made-up term so unpatriotic liberals can feel better about themselves with political correctness. Hyphenated Americanism is the real culprit. Here's a great article on the subject:

http://www.conservapedia.com/Hyphenated_American

Quote (conserveapedia)
As a concept championed by liberals, multiculturalism has been noted for having a subversive element. It has resulted in pluralism, which has given way to a particularism which then exalts foreign culture, language and national identity over historically American values and identity. Liberals have also used multiculturalism to excuse illegal immigration, avoid confronting radical Islam and terrorism, impose atheistic views on the American public, and censor Christian worship.

This post was edited by sylvannos on Sep 8 2014 07:22pm
Gold: 14.88
Sep 8 2014 11:36pm
Quote (Voyaging @ Sep 8 2014 02:33pm)
Europe for Europeans, America for American Indians.. oh wait

Too late, they're all dead. Try again.
Gold: 20.00
Sep 9 2014 07:35am
I am starting to realize how different liberal policy and Martin Luther King's ideologies are.

Liberals are basically arguing that some people/races are unequal, and that they need "support" to be equal to other races/people.

While Martin Luther King believed that all people were equal, and that they deserved an equal opportunity to succeed.

This post was edited by PixileDust on Sep 9 2014 07:35am
Gold: 2,900.49
Sep 9 2014 08:23am
Quote (PixileDust @ Sep 9 2014 01:35pm)
I am starting to realize how different liberal policy and Martin Luther King's ideologies are.

Liberals are basically arguing that some people/races are unequal, and that they need "support" to be equal to other races/people.

While Martin Luther King believed that all people were equal, and that they deserved an equal opportunity to succeed.

No, liberals argue that different races and peoples receive an unfair opportunity versus others (I believe this as well, but in terms of classes no races) and need to be assisted in some instances via social policy -- low income housing, affirmative action, federal grants/loans based on income, etc.

Most of these deal with an individual's income, which probably ends up benefiting minorities on average more than, say, a corporate tax cut or something.

I'd also like to propose that MLK's ideologies came from a more spiritual and communal point of view whereas liberals tend to try and manifest their thinking in legislation, policies and action you can point to or "get behind", literally. While MLK did interact with politicians and try (and succeed) in playing a role in legislation he was infinitely more valuable as a spokesman from a purely ideological standpoint, so in effect he could outline a goal or an ideal and liberals could progress towards it through pragmatic action.
Sep 9 2014 08:56am
I believe as liberals believe, that we are all unequal, I disagree that this should necessitate a resolution.

I feel the you get what you put in line of thought is more of what I align with.
Gold: 2,407.00
Sep 9 2014 09:24am
Quote (PixileDust @ Sep 9 2014 08:35am)

I think the liberal ideology is that some races have been held back, not that they are unequal.
Sep 9 2014 09:34am
Quote (Mastersam93 @ Sep 9 2014 09:24am)
I think the liberal ideology is that some races have been held back, not that they are unequal.

They are definitely unequal or liberalism wouldn't have a problem with it.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll