d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Destroy Isis > Must Be Done
12314Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 285.00
Sep 2 2014 01:20pm
Time for the US to get balls-deep in ISIS.

I would link an article and type something eloquent but I'm pissed off right now.

Need to do more than bomb.
Gold: 12,730.67
Sep 2 2014 01:26pm
Quote (Skinned @ Sep 2 2014 11:20am)

I would link an article and type something eloquent but I'm pissed off right now.

Why? Because 2 American reporters were killed? That's insignificant and is not a valid reason to change strategy.
Sep 2 2014 01:31pm
Quote (thundercock @ Sep 2 2014 02:26pm)
Why? Because 2 American reporters were killed? That's insignificant and is not a valid reason to change strategy.

Would any of the presidents you consider great not react to personal messages with executions of US citizens?

This post was edited by Skinned on Sep 2 2014 01:31pm
Gold: 8,933.00
Sep 2 2014 01:36pm
Quote (Skinned @ Sep 2 2014 02:20pm)

Send your kids. Don't volunteer yourself, puts your own children in harm's way if you think the entire world has a moral claim on our action.
Sep 2 2014 01:38pm
Quote (Skinned @ Sep 2 2014 11:31am)
Would any of the presidents you consider great not react to personal messages with executions of US citizens?

All the great presidents wouldn't let something like this dictate foreign policy. I think any president who reacts to two Americans (field reporters mind you) being killed would have some very poor judgment. More Americans were killed in Ukraine when the airline was shot down...

We SHOULD react to the THOUSANDS who have been massacred by ISIS though. I've been calling for boots on the ground for a couple months now.
Gold: 99,201.55
Sep 2 2014 01:42pm
waste of time and money, haven't u learned from viet, iraq and afghanistan war. u can never clean them up, they'll alway presents in those region. only way to deal with these type of thug is damage control style, let them run the city/town they took over. in couple years or so they'll understand what it is like to run a government, ain't no way u can sustain through none stop kidnap and war. beside isis also the enemy of ur enemy aka iran/syria. why eliminate them when they post no threat to our current homeland security and they serve as a huge distraction toward iran and syria. only thing to make sure is that they cant advance toward taking over iraq completely, which not the case here.

This post was edited by IMCL85 on Sep 2 2014 01:43pm
Gold: 3,050.00
Warn: 10%
Sep 2 2014 01:42pm
Pray to your highest self that when SHTF you meditated long enough to get some bad ass wings to fly around with.
Sep 2 2014 01:43pm
Quote (Santara @ Sep 2 2014 02:36pm)
Send your kids. Don't volunteer yourself, puts your own children in harm's way if you think the entire world has a moral claim on our action.

One nephew is in the army, the other is in the navy. My son is only 12, he's a little young for manly occupations. I know in the libertarian worldview he should old enough to labour in the mines though B)

Quote (thundercock @ Sep 2 2014 02:38pm)
All the great presidents wouldn't let something like this dictate foreign policy. I think any president who reacts to two Americans (field reporters mind you) being killed would have some very poor judgment. More Americans were killed in Ukraine when the airline was shot down...

We SHOULD react to the THOUSANDS who have been massacred by ISIS though. I've been calling for boots on the ground for a couple months now.

We've needed to be involved in the beginning, but our POTUS is letting isolationist sentiment wag the dog. Now the Gulf State/Saudi financed people are doing this.

We dragged our feet and now the moderate forces are weaker than ever. It is a lie to say that they're irrelevant though.

How do you feel about the Iran hostage crisis? Was Carter right to not aggress there? What about their release when Reagan was coming into power? A historical lesson very relevant here.

Quote (IMCL85 @ Sep 2 2014 02:42pm)
waste of time and money, haven't u learned from viet, iraq and afghanistan war. u can never clean them up, they'll alway presents in those region. only way to deal with these type of thug is damage control style, let them run the city/town they took over. in couple years or so they'll understand what it is like to run a government, ain't no way u can sustain through none stop kidnap and war. beside isis also the enemy of ur enemy aka iran/syria. why eliminate them when they post no threat to our current homeland security and they serve as a huge distraction toward iran and syria. only thing to make sure is that they cant advance toward taking over iraq completely, which not the case here.

We fought those wars incorrectly.

This post was edited by Skinned on Sep 2 2014 01:44pm
Gold: 8,933.00
Sep 2 2014 01:47pm
Quote (Skinned @ Sep 2 2014 02:43pm)
One nephew is in the army, the other is in the navy.  My son is only 12, he's a little young for manly occupations.  I know in the libertarian worldview he should old enough to labour in the mines though  B)

And if your son were in the Army, and you were CinC, you would send him in?
Sep 2 2014 01:48pm
Quote (Skinned @ Sep 2 2014 11:43am)

We've needed to be involved in the beginning, but our POTUS is letting isolationist sentiment wag the dog.  Now the Gulf State/Saudi financed people are doing this.

We dragged our feet and now the moderate forces are weaker than ever.  It is a lie to say that they're irrelevant though.

How do you feel about the Iran hostage crisis?  Was Carter right to not aggress there?  What about their release when Reagan was coming into power?  A historical lesson very relevant here.

Each situation needs to be looked at individually. When it comes to Somali pirates for instance, we require a small amount of resources in order to save a single American. You're asking for a very involved operation i.e. an occupation in Iraq. While I agree that the current set of circumstances warrant that, it has nothing to do with American journalists getting killed.

You can't blame people for being weary of war...we've been at war for nearly 13 years now...
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
12314Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll