d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > Official Destiny Football Release Thread
Prev1109510961097109810991440Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jul 19 2017 11:24am
Quote (Mangina @ Jul 19 2017 08:00am)
I think 5/10 is a bit harsh. Here are my thoughts:

You feel real weak. I saw the recommended light was 215 and we are 200 so that may contribute to the guns feeling like peashooters, but the cool downs need addressing too. 1 min 20 secs for a grenade and 4 min supers is too high.

The movement also felt super slow. I know they did that intentionally but I think they need to dial it back up 2 or 3 clicks. Looking forward to playing on xbox today to see how much (if any) perceived difference was due to me playing on the ps4 on my tv instead of my usual setup of xboz/monitor.

Yea that's true but what about ppl that never played destiny 1 which in this case imo is alot of ppl.. If I tried the beta and thought what I thought I wouldn't buy it

I love grinding for weapons tho and getting that perfect weapon perk setup
Gold: 20,023.46
Jul 19 2017 12:46pm
I don't get the whole it may as well have been an expansion argument.

It's a sequel, how different did you expect it to be? They iterated on a game that made money hand over fist. I don't expect a complete different game. I expect a sequel to d1, so improved graphics, lighting, particle effects, new mechanics and encounter types, a captivating cinematic story, and a new progression treadmill to grind.

I for one can't yet make a distinction between whether or not they were successful yet based off of an hours worth of gameplay, but I think it's a bit melodramatic to call it an expansion.
Gold: 13,750.00
Jul 19 2017 12:49pm
Quote (Mangina @ Jul 19 2017 01:46pm)

It's a sequel, how different did you expect it to be? They iterated on a game that made money hand over fist. I don't expect a complete different game. I expect a sequel to d1, so improved graphics, lighting, particle effects, new mechanics and encounter types, a captivating cinematic story, and a new progression treadmill to grind.

I for one can't yet make a distinction between whether or not they were successful yet based off of an hours worth of gameplay, but I think it's a bit melodramatic to call it an expansion.

so should i buy in november?

honestly, i just started playing watch dogs 1 lol and it's amazing so i might just buy watch dogs 2 instead of destiny 2 (i play like 1-2 hours of xbox a week so no reason to overload on games)
Gold: 6,313.21
Jul 19 2017 12:50pm
Gonna shower and then hopping on.

Quote (Mangina @ Jul 19 2017 02:46pm)

Was going to say this as well. Of course it looks similar, it's a direct follow-up in the same franchise.
Gold: 5,000.00
Jul 19 2017 12:59pm
Quote (Mangina @ Jul 19 2017 02:46pm)

It's like they bought destiny 2, expecting it to be cod 4 😂.

Probably the same dudes who actually liked d3 being a "sequel" to d2
Jul 19 2017 01:43pm
Quote (Crashnburn_819 @ Jul 19 2017 02:50pm)
Gonna shower and then hopping on.

Was going to say this as well. Of course it looks similar, it's a direct follow-up in the same franchise.

I will join you in a few hours. Been getting more responsibility at work and I've been super busy for weeks.
Jul 19 2017 01:47pm
Quote (Mangina @ Jul 19 2017 03:43pm)
I will join you in a few hours. Been getting more responsibility at work and I've been super busy for weeks.

Probably only going to play a few games and then catch a nap.

Super annoyed that you have to run the opening mission on each char to use them in PvP...

And I instantly see what you mean about feeling weak in PvE. I didn't drop to low health often but it feels like I'm using waterguns.

Dunno. Hard to judge when we know this is an old build. Luke or Deej already said that they're aware power ammo doesn't drop enough in this version. Hopefully there's an all around buff to damage or it's tuned differently in the actual release as opposed to this showcase.
Jul 19 2017 01:51pm
Quote (Crashnburn_819 @ Jul 19 2017 03:47pm)
Probably only going to play a few games and then catch a nap.

Super annoyed that you have to run the opening mission on each char to use them in PvP...

And I instantly see what you mean about feeling weak in PvE. I didn't drop to low health often but it feels like I'm using waterguns.

Dunno. Hard to judge when we know this is an old build. Luke or Deej already said that they're aware power ammo doesn't drop enough in this version. Hopefully there's an all around buff to damage or it's tuned differently in the actual release as opposed to this showcase.

Glad it isn't just me.

And yeah luke and cozmo confirmed heavy has already been tweaked. I wish they could push that live. I know bungos affinity for spaghetti code, but still.
Jul 19 2017 01:54pm
Quote (Mangina @ Jul 19 2017 03:51pm)
Glad it isn't just me.

And yeah luke and cozmo confirmed heavy has already been tweaked. I wish they could push that live. I know bungos affinity for spaghetti code, but still.

I think it's just a combination of having to use primaries and not having abilities up often. They really need to tweak both for PvE.

PvP I don't know if I want them to really bump up recharge times. I kind of like that you only really get 1 super per game.
Gold: 0.00
Jul 19 2017 02:15pm
Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
Prev1109510961097109810991440Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll