d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Christian Fellowship > My Topic On Tattoos
Prev1456
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 0.00
Sep 17 2015 06:23am
Quote (IceMage @ 16 Sep 2015 22:25)
Created man in His own image does not refer to the way the human body looks. Do you really think God looks like a human being?

Putting ink on your skin or piercing parts of your body is not defiling it. There's no reason to think it is, beyond silly assumptions. It's practically the same as shaving body hair. Are you against that?

It wasn't a sarcastic laugh. I assumed you were trolling... I wouldn't expect a Christian to have that signature.

I don't have any tattoos myself. I don't believe getting one is sinful at all.

That is not even not even remotely similar. Grooming or removing hair for health reasons is no where near inserting a foreign object into your body.

Maybe I can give you a better analogy to better understand.
Try spray painting graffiti on one of your local churches. Not only is
it a civil issue, and you'll be arrested, it's also disrespecting and defiling the holy house of God.

Since the Lord dwells in us, meaning the body. The body should be respected just as any holy temple should be. Marking or scarring the body is just the same as vandalism to a church.
Gold: 5,016.77
Sep 17 2015 05:58pm
Quote (Axle @ Sep 17 2015 07:23am)
That is not even not even remotely similar. Grooming or removing hair for health reasons is no where near inserting a foreign object into your body.

Maybe I can give you a better analogy to better understand.
Try spray painting graffiti on one of your local churches. Not only is
it a civil issue, and you'll be arrested, it's also disrespecting and defiling the holy house of God.

Since the Lord dwells in us, meaning the body. The body should be respected just as any holy temple should be. Marking or scarring the body is just the same as vandalism to a church.

What health reasons are there to remove hair from your body? Besides prepping for a surgical procedure in that area, I can't think of one. Like I quoted earlier, Levitical law does not apply to Christians, and there is no reason to think putting ink somewhere on your body or piercing a part of your body is defiling your body.

That's a terrible analogy. Spray painting any building without permission is against the law, and it's intended to be an act of disrespect.

Grooming hair on your body/face/head, or getting a tattoo, or getting piercings are all basically unnecessary. We do it because of societal norms and the desire to look better. It's basically decorating. Are beautiful stained glass windows on a church defiling the church? Nope, just an accepted form of decoration, like tattoos.
Sep 20 2015 03:08am
Inappropriate Post Content
Sep 20 2015 07:10am
Gold: 0.65
Sep 29 2015 07:00pm
Personally I rather be the artist of my canvas (body)
Oct 2 2015 12:45pm
Gold: 1.69
Oct 2 2015 05:23pm
Back when God said this, he might've been referring to tattoos of religious value in other religions, or maybe they had some sort of meaning back then.

If you keep the tattoos to a certain point, I don't see why getting a tattoo would be any different from working out or being fat. Smoking or any other sort of drug abuse.
Gold: 6,228.00
Oct 8 2015 12:04am
I have tattoos and am Christian. Long story short its to eaches own to decide.
Gold: 7,164.00
Oct 14 2015 02:31pm
We should be good stewards of our bodies for sure, but tattoos don't harm the body per se, they just change the look.

Corinthians 1: 18-20
"18Flee immorality. Every other sin that a man commits is outside the body, but the immoral man sins against his own body. 19Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own? 20For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body."

God is talking about sin, not the physical things done to our body. The Holy Spirit in us is not concerned with your tattoos, your haircut, or even the cheeseburger you just ate. God is concerned with righteous conduct and our sanctification. There is a conflict when the Holy Spirit is in us but we're defiling ourselves with immorality. "Glorify God in your body" is spiritual, not physical.

Tattoos are a choice that last a long time, but are not sins against God.

This post was edited by uptoolayte on Oct 14 2015 02:40pm
Go Back To Christian Fellowship Topic List
Prev1456
Add Reply New Topic