d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Thinking Critically On Ferguson
12315Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 18,470.03
Aug 18 2014 02:07pm
Ironically while searching for a video of Dorian Johnson's interview with the media this is the first one I found.

Lets think about his account of what happened. Dorian says the officer tried to open his door but he was so close to them that it "ricocheted" off them and shut. This makes no sense to me at all. It seems more likely that Michael Brown shut the door on him. Dorian then says that the officer tried to pull Michael Brown by his throat into the car. This makes absolutely no sense. You're sitting down in a squad car and you try to pull a 6'3 man into your car through the window? Frankly Dorian reveals himself here to be a complete idiot by fabricating such a nonsensical lie and anyone who finds him to be a credible source at this point is equally incapable of logical thought.

What is far more likely is that Brown assaulted the officer while he was seated. This matches the officer's side of the story. The officer's story is also consistent with the autopsy.

Here is the sweet innocent child that was brutally murdered. There is a problem with racism in this country and police brutality. However that does not mean with every shooting of an unarmed african american comes justification to riot. It is always best to let an investigation take place, consider all the facts with an open mind, and then protest when needed.
In this case the african american community is rushing to judgement without knowing what happened, and regardless of the investigations outcome they will not change their minds.
Aug 18 2014 02:21pm
Witness testimony overheard on video at 6:30 in

WARNING RAW LANGUAGE ACTUAL VIDEO FROM RIGHT AFTER THE SHOOTING.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdL9dqkyjhM#t=433

Transcript from the Brown shooting video as published by multiple media outlets:

#1 How’d he get from there to there?
#2 Because he ran, the police was still in the truck – cause he was like over the truck
{crosstalk}

#2 But him and the police was both in the truck, then he ran – the police got out and ran after him
{crosstalk}

#2 Then the next thing I know he doubled back toward him cus – the police had his gun drawn already on him –
#1. Oh, the police got his gun
#2 The police kept dumpin’ on him, and I’m thinking the police kept missing – he like – be like – but he kept coming toward him

{crosstalk}

This account matches the officer's story. More than that it is the only logical explanation why an officer would have to put 6 bullets in an unarmed man from more than 24 inches away (no gun powder found in preliminary 2nd autopsy)
Brown was charging the officer after the initial assault and the officer fired until brown was no longer able to charge which resulted in Brown's death.

It is my belief at this time that the officer is innocent and this was a justifiable shooting.
Aug 18 2014 02:49pm
A friend of the officer called into a radio show to relay his side of the story as he told it to her. Listen and read his story in her words here

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/radio-caller-darren-wilson-shooting-account

As far as I can tell nothing in the preliminary autopsy report contradicts his story.

This post was edited by nineinchnailz on Aug 18 2014 02:49pm
Gold: 0.00
Aug 18 2014 02:49pm
I side with the Police.
Gold: 80.00
Aug 18 2014 03:36pm
Quote (S3th @ Aug 18 2014 03:49pm)
I side with the Police.

Quote (nineinchnailz @ Aug 18 2014 03:07pm)
Ironically while searching for a video of Dorian Johnson's interview with the media this is the first one I found.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI4jKtuShsM

Lets think about his account of what happened.  Dorian says the officer tried to open his door but he was so close to them that it "ricocheted" off them and shut.  This makes no sense to me at all.  It seems more likely that Michael Brown shut the door on him.  Dorian then says that the officer tried to pull Michael Brown by his throat into the car.  This makes absolutely no sense.  You're sitting down in a squad car and you try to pull a 6'3 man into your car through the window?  Frankly Dorian reveals himself here to be a complete idiot by fabricating such a nonsensical lie and anyone who finds him to be a credible source at this point is equally incapable of logical thought.

What is far more likely is that Brown assaulted the officer while he was seated.  This matches the officer's side of the story.  The officer's story is also consistent with the autopsy.

http://cdn.inquisitr.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/micheal-brown-ferguson-665x385.jpg

Here is the sweet innocent child that was brutally murdered.  There is a problem with racism in this country and police brutality.  However that does not mean with every shooting of an unarmed african american comes justification to riot.  It is always best to let an investigation take place, consider all the facts with an open mind, and then protest when needed.
In this case the african american community is rushing to judgement without knowing what happened, and regardless of the investigations outcome they will not change their minds.

He should be charged with inciting a riot, it's obvious he is lying just by the fact that a cop sitting down in his car could not pull a 6'3" man into his car through the window by his neck. I am literally like 1/2" away from 6'3" and i know its just not possible.. Not to mention the coroner reports now seem to indicate that Michael was head down charging the officer when he was shot. Personally, a man tries to wrestle my gun from me, almost shoots me in the hip with it, runs off, and then turns to charge again, i'd do the same thing as much as it would be the last thing i would ever want to do. I can't wait to hear what the toxicology report has to say.

The police force in my county just drove all of the militarized police vehicles through my town, im hoping towards Ferguson. I'd hate to see this rioting go on any longer, and especially would hate to see it spill into my town

This post was edited by TheCrimson on Aug 18 2014 03:41pm
Gold: 80.00
Aug 18 2014 04:01pm
He should also be charged with obstruction of justice, aiding and abetting a criminal, and resisting arrest.
Gold: 285.00
Aug 18 2014 04:51pm
Quote (TheCrimson @ Aug 18 2014 05:01pm)
He should also be charged with obstruction of justice, aiding and abetting a criminal, and resisting arrest.

They should throw all the blacks into for-profit prisons so they can be productive members of society.
Gold: 6,069.00
Aug 18 2014 04:53pm
Another thing that makes me laugh: "He was shot 6 times, OMG!"

In any police/self defense training, they will tell you that once you draw your firearm, you are committed to end the life of the offender. Getting shot once is no different than getting shot 6 times. You fire until the threat ends.

I'm amazed he wasn't shot 10+ times.

Oh, and they whine that two of them where in the head. Well no shit. If anything, the officer should get an award for his marksmanship.

This post was edited by Casey on Aug 18 2014 04:54pm
Gold: 3.33
Aug 18 2014 04:54pm
America is such a fail
Gold: 6,069.00
Aug 18 2014 04:55pm
Quote (dro94 @ Aug 18 2014 05:54pm)
America is such a fail

I agree. The most powerful military and economic country in the world is a complete fail, simply because of a few idiots.

Grow up.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
12315Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll