d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Site Suggestions >
Poll > Add An Additional Sticky To The General Help Forum
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 148,472.00
Trader: Trusted
Aug 13 2014 12:14am
My suggestion is quite simple. I suggest to add Getting The Most Out Of General Help as a separate sticky in the General Help forum.

This topic is already featured in the General Help Unified Sticky, however, in the almost 2 years since it's been posted it has only had ~710 views. For comparison, this one: Moderator Team & Trusted / Mediator List, which has only been stickied for around 9 months, has 6,788 views at this time. What I'm trying to say with this is that the topic: Getting The Most Out Of General Help is hidden in the unified sticky from the users that need it the most and as a consequence is not living up to it's 'potential'. In my opinion, it completely belongs as a separate sticky in the general help forum. Being there would allow it to have more exposure and in the process it can benefit many more users whether they're looking for help or to help.

Pros:
  • There would be MUCH more exposure for the topic.
  • There may potentially be more informative posts asking for help.
  • There may potentially be better educated helpers. We have incredible people helping there already, but even a veteran helper may learn something from this topic.
  • It may prevent unnecessary posts.
  • It is a very easy change to do.
Cons:
  • Some people may say that it may clutter the forum. You can decide this for yourself with the screenshot I posted below.
  • I can't think of any others.

This post was edited by Arturo on Aug 13 2014 12:41am
Trade Moderator
Gold: 82,500.00
Aug 13 2014 12:20am
I think it can be posted inside the General Help sticky as another post in that topic.
Cant see why we need another topic to confuse new users, also if they get in the first topic I think it will be great if all the information will be in 1 topic.
Gold: 148,472.00
Aug 16 2014 07:35pm
Bump
Gold: 9,205.00
Aug 17 2014 02:29am
The thing is that people barely read the existing ones.
It's so much easier to just make a thread and ask whatever.

I don't think it's needed.
Gold: 0.00
Aug 17 2014 02:48am
Considering it's already in the unified sticky, and their not reading it thoroughly, I doubt it would make much difference over being visible, usually when someone really needs help they don't bother to even read posting rules, it simply doesn't cross peoples minds naturally.

Plus, I was just recently denied a sticky suggestion within GH that would have been quite active I believe, for the sole reason of cluttering the GH section. Aswell as giving others the idea of wanting the same done with their sticky suggestions. :P

I'm sorry, as much as I agree alot of the unified stickies and lower forum topics are quite unseen therefore inactive, I have to vote no for the above reasons :(

<3
Gold: 5.55
Aug 17 2014 06:22am
Hey buddy, I voted No. :(

I prefer the information at same place. It looks like more organized and easy to find anything.

Different from HardyTarget, I do believe many people read those links in GH sticky, which makes it easier for everyone to find help at one place, imo.

Although, I wish good luck bro.
Go Back To Site Suggestions Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll