d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Interesting French Law > Proposed
Prev1567
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 655.00
Aug 12 2014 03:37am
Quote (bitg_pj @ Aug 12 2014 05:32am)
It's a cool contraption to be sure ... But requires 4 people to operate and I'm not sure on the cost of the equipment .

It could work on a larger scale I'm sure and could accommodate veggies and other perishables ...

But would it be better than just letting people pick up the food and eat it how they see fit ? I'm not sure ... You make interesting arguments for sure

you've got a carrot that's 2 weeks old, in 2 days that's bad.

you've got a carrot that's 2 weeks old, you've cooked it, and canned it. in 2 years you can open that can and eat that carrot.
Gold: 7,252.72
Aug 12 2014 03:39am
Quote (Ylem122 @ Aug 12 2014 05:37am)
you've got a carrot that's 2 weeks old, in 2 days that's bad.

you've got a carrot that's 2 weeks old, you've cooked it, and canned it.  in 2 years you can open that can and eat that carrot.

...do you know what food pantries for the poor never have a shortage of - canned vegetables .
Aug 12 2014 04:01am
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ Aug 12 2014 05:39am)
...do you know what food pantries for the poor never have a shortage of - canned vegetables .

Id imagine the fresh veggies get thrown out after a couple weeks when they turn black.

good thing canned veggies last so long.

its all pretty logical why there would be more of something with a 2 year expiration than something with a 2 week expiration.

did you not think at all when you posted? I mean, we got carrots that we throw out every 2 weeks while we've got canned carrots that we throw out every 2 years. why don't we ever run out of canned veggies? PEOPLE HATE CANNED VEGGIES!!!! that must be it...

what is even the point of your post? are you defending that canned veggies are a good thing because food pantries tend to get a lot of them?

MAYBE!!!!! its because of all those non perisable food drives?

NAHHHH, Poor People Hate Canned Veggies, its the only logical explantion...

This post was edited by Ylem122 on Aug 12 2014 04:07am
Gold: 8,933.00
Aug 12 2014 04:38am
Quote (2sexy4u @ Aug 11 2014 10:26pm)
Yes, but there is also a human moral problem to throw away food.

That isn't in dispute. Moral hazard is a term used in economics.

Quote (bitg_pj @ Aug 12 2014 02:04am)
You don't get it free from the grocery store...you get it from charity...

and there are charities and food banks around the city...what stops people from not buying groceries and just getting food free from a food bank?

your logic is so impaired i cant tell if you're serious or not...

people want choice, and people will pay to choose what they eat...those with the money and resources to do so...there will probably be a handful of people who think theyre clever and scam the system...oh well...it's a tiny fraction of the good it does

Yes, I got that.

The desire to not eat peanut butter, ramen and lima beans daily?
Aug 12 2014 04:42am
Quote (Santara @ Aug 12 2014 06:38am)
The desire to not eat peanut butter, ramen and lima beans daily?

yeah, capitalism. my parents get these cheap boxes of cream puffs from a close out store, the pastry part is limp and soggy, they probly partially thawed and that is why they are cheap at 2 boxes for 3$'s

still I go to the giant and buy the 5$ box of fresh cream puffs, its just better.

a box of tastey cakes from the close out store is slightly stale the butter scotch krimpts turn to crumbs in your hands, same with the bread, so I buy bread and tasty cakes at the normal store.

you buy food from a normal grocery store because its better.

This post was edited by Ylem122 on Aug 12 2014 04:48am
Gold: 1,261.00
Aug 12 2014 11:01am
Quote (PlasmaSnake101 @ Aug 11 2014 04:23pm)
You don't have much first hand experience in dealing with the homeless, do you?

No, I honestly don't. But I find it difficult to imagine that people who are hungry and have no money would turn their nose on croutons and starve to death. I've gone on week-long hikes and it's not uncommon to take dried bread with you. It lasts practically forever and if you dip it in some broth it actually tastes good and fills you up.

I honestly don't understand this line of thinking that people coming to a soup kitchen are going to be better off if you serve them NOTHING rather than week-old bread and slightly over-ripe fruit. It's not like you are force feeding them, at worst they'll just look at the food and walk out. Hell, you look at shit like Leningrad - people were eating pets, rats, leather shoes, eventually each other. And here we are suggesting a hungry human doesn't want a piece of bread because it's not warm and fresh out of the oven.
Gold: 171.76
Aug 12 2014 11:56am
Quote (russian @ Aug 12 2014 01:01pm)
No, I honestly don't. But I find it difficult to imagine that people who are hungry and have no money would turn their nose on croutons and starve to death. I've gone on week-long hikes and it's not uncommon to take dried bread with you. It lasts practically forever and if you dip it in some broth it actually tastes good and fills you up.

I honestly don't understand this line of thinking that people coming to a soup kitchen are going to be better off if you serve them NOTHING rather than week-old bread and slightly over-ripe fruit. It's not like you are force feeding them, at worst they'll just look at the food and walk out. Hell, you look at shit like Leningrad - people were eating pets, rats, leather shoes, eventually each other. And here we are suggesting a hungry human doesn't want a piece of bread because it's not warm and fresh out of the oven.

If I had a choice between over ripe fruit and starvation it wouldn't even be a question .
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1567
Add Reply New Topic New Poll