d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Obamas Immigration Reform
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,933.00
Aug 12 2014 01:31pm
Quote (Pollster @ Aug 12 2014 02:30pm)
Except of course that you're not, though, as evidenced by your characterization of a basic, agreed-upon fact as a "myth." The only reason you would legitimately feel that way is if you are in fact uninformed, or if you merely feel like lying.

Your silly projection attempts won't work here, either, sorry to say.

Stupid fuck, your " basic, agreed-upon fact" isn't basic, nor agreed upon. But keep lying!
Gold: 20.31
Aug 12 2014 01:34pm
Quote (Santara @ Aug 12 2014 03:31pm)
Stupid fuck, your " basic, agreed-upon fact" isn't basic, nor agreed upon. But keep lying!

Yes, it is. Obama deports illegal immigrants at a faster rate than any of his predecessors. Anyone who consults the ICE data recognizes that. And the fact that he has removed so many illegal immigrants from the country is agreed upon, as evidenced by the linked commentary earlier that's a widely-held belief on both sides of the political spectrum. The only people who amusingly refuse to agree with simple data are the people who are clinging to a delusion because that, and not reality, is more comfortable to them.
Gold: 7,525.35
Aug 12 2014 01:35pm
Quote (Pollster @ Aug 12 2014 03:28pm)
Except, not. The characterization of Obama's vast record on deportations is not a "myth," it, unlike the characterization, is grounded in established fact. Obama's deporting people at a faster rate than any president in history, and he will pass the highest number either sometime this year or early in next year. He could have already passed it, actually. That, too, is a fact, unless something radical happens in immigration policy that would halt the steady stream of deportations. It is not a myth that Obama has deported more undocumented immigrants. If you have a problem with ICE procedure then you should take it up with Bush because he's the reason the change was made. Quite frankly it's a sensible change, this should have always been the way we understood deportations, because there's no magical, arbitrary timeline when someone becomes a de-facto "illegal immigrant." When you're in this country illegally you're in it illegally.

I haven't interjected my personal feelings at all, I've simply introduced the data to smash yet another Santara-bubble delusion. As people who follow immigration policy know you have to look at figures over a broad stretch of time because those numbers are always in flux, and we could in effect hit a specific number of deportations (say, 2.2 million) months earlier than when it is officially announced to the public. We have to deal within the confines of reality in the event that people actually want to adhere to what the data actually shows.

Thanks for embarrassing yourself though, it was good for a laugh.

Quote (ink)
1) Obama has deported more of the undocumented than any other president
Quote (Santara)
Myth

Quote (YOU)
Not that it would surprise me, but do you actually think it's a myth that Obama has deported more undocumented immigrants than anyone else? It's not that difficult to understand the data. The Obama administration surpassed the 2 million number back in the spring and will likely eclipse the total reached by George W. Bush's entire presidency by the end of this year or by next spring at the latest.

you were saying?

Faster rate is irrelevant. Your feelings about Republicans are irrelevant. Getting pissy because someone didnt praise Obama is irrelevant.

This post was edited by cambovenzi on Aug 12 2014 01:36pm
Gold: 20.31
Aug 12 2014 01:42pm
Quote (cambovenzi @ Aug 12 2014 03:35pm)
you were saying?

Faster rate is irrelevant. Your feelings about Republicans are irrelevant. Getting pissy because someone didnt praise Obama is irrelevant.

Uh, no, it's not irrelevant. Given the reality of how deportation data is collected and relayed to the public, the rate of deportation remains the single most-important data point in making the determinations that are being offered and challenged in this thread. People can't just ignore that data because it doesn't comport with their delusions, as they so often attempt. And, no, the accurate characterization of what the Republican party has done on the issue of long-term illegal immigration (nothing) is also not irrelevant if the imbecile stupidly claims that Obama himself hasn't done anything on the issue when he very obviously has. If someone is stupid enough to make such a stupid comment, then they will be properly smashed with the reminder that the person who they're laughably attempting to criticize has done something, contrary to their baseless claim.

No one's "gotten pissy" that someone didn't praise Obama, either. I've only pointed out, correctly, that if the imbecile is upset over the fact that the data smashed his delusion he should take it up with Bush, and not Obama. I know he doesn't like them (or doesn't know them), but facts matter.

Edit: There's also another very important reason that the deportation rate has to be adhered to. I previously thought that it would go without saying, but then I remembered who I'm talking to. Obama's presidency is incomplete, and there obviously has to be some discretion used when comparing his incomplete presidency to the completed presidencies of his predecessors. If we're attempting to make fair comparisons then we have to treat Obama's body of work as an estimated 8-year hypothetical sample since he has only served for 5 and a half years. The fact that Obama is nearing the record, or has already surpassed it, in 5 and a half years as compared to what his predecessors accomplished in 8 years goes a long way in settling the matter anyway.

This post was edited by Pollster on Aug 12 2014 01:47pm
Gold: 8,933.00
Aug 12 2014 07:05pm
Quote (Pollster @ Aug 12 2014 02:34pm)
Yes, it is. Obama deports illegal immigrants at a faster rate than any of his predecessors. Anyone who consults the ICE data recognizes that. And the fact that he has removed so many illegal immigrants from the country is agreed upon, as evidenced by the linked commentary earlier that's a widely-held belief on both sides of the political spectrum. The only people who amusingly refuse to agree with simple data are the people who are clinging to a delusion because that, and not reality, is more comfortable to them.

No, it isn't. Obama keeps out large numbers, since large numbers are surging to the border. The ones that are already here? They're pretty safe. You can scream and cry until you're blue in the face (to match your glasses), but calling border apprehensions deportations is like calling purple, blue. Close, but no cigar. I award you no points, delusion boy. Find a new spin. Everyone under the sun knows Obama is trying to keep as many illegals already in the country here. But hey, don't take my word for it, take Jeff Session's footnoted paper on it: http://www.sessions.senate.gov/public/_cache/files/9b44654f-04ed-4de5-8326-8f0caff2a868/critical-alert---dhs-enforcement-data.pdf
Gold: 0.00
Aug 12 2014 07:06pm
Highly unlikely
Gold: 91.00
Aug 13 2014 01:58pm
They don't even need their votes! With the non-producers making up almost half the population they MUST vote demoncratic in order to keep their lifestyle. The age of personal responsibility is over.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll