d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > Guide: Ladder Runewords For Single Player > Faq
Prev1345
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1.00
Apr 16 2015 12:25am
Quote (Textbook @ 15 Apr 2015 00:32)
2) Place it in the "Diablo II\data\global\excel" folder so that it looks something like this: Diablo II\data\global\excel\Runes.txt (note: you will need to create these folders)

Go inside your d2 folder
Right click, create folder, name it "data"
Go inside it
create folder called global
go inside it
create folder called excel
go inside it
put runes.txt there

:)

So. Apparently something went wrong. I did those instructions & went to my D2 Shortcut section and added
-direct -txt to the end as it shows in the instructions on that 1 Sticky.
So when I right-click my D2 Icon/properties and go to the "Shortcut" section 3'rd line down; it shows up as

target type:application
target location: diablo II

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo II\Diablo II.exe" -w -direct -txt

I also went to my D2 game folder, and made

data/global/excel and put Runes.txt in there

Then I tried making Insight since it's the only RW I had the runes for, and it didn't work. It was in a 40s War Fork, so I don't see what the error was.

Was I "NOT" supposed to add
-direct -txt?

When I put the Runes.txt in the excel folder, was I supposed to change Runes.txt to just Runes?

PS: Closing out with Task Manager still counts as closing the game out normally because when I logged back in, the runes were still in the fork.

edit::

Oh, now suddenly instead of just Runes.txt inside the excel folder- it has about 100 other things there too.

Arena
Armor
armtype
automagic
automap
belts
bodylocs
books

etc x81 showing up as VLC Media Files.

>.>

Help, thanks!

This post was edited by Matty0289 on Apr 16 2015 12:30am
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
Apr 16 2015 12:44am
Quote (Matty0289 @ Apr 16 2015 02:25am)
So. Apparently something went wrong. I did those instructions & went to my D2 Shortcut section and added
-direct -txt to the end as it shows in the instructions on that 1 Sticky.
So when I right-click my D2 Icon/properties and go to the "Shortcut" section 3'rd line down; it shows up as

target type:application
target location: diablo II

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo II\Diablo II.exe" -w -direct -txt

I also went to my D2 game folder, and made

data/global/excel and put Runes.txt in there

Then I tried making Insight since it's the only RW I had the runes for, and it didn't work. It was in a 40s War Fork, so I don't see what the error was.

Was I "NOT" supposed to add
-direct -txt?

When I put the Runes.txt in the excel folder, was I supposed to change Runes.txt to just Runes?

PS: Closing out with Task Manager still counts as closing the game out normally because when I logged back in, the runes were still in the fork.

edit::

Oh, now suddenly instead of just Runes.txt inside the excel folder- it has about 100 other things there too.

Arena
Armor
armtype
automagic
automap
belts
bodylocs
books

etc x81 showing up as VLC Media Files.

>.>

Help, thanks!

War fork is spear class
Insight doesn't work in spear class weapons..only works in pole arm/staff class weapons

If you don't know what classifies as pole arm weapons have a look

http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Polearms

http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Insight_Rune_Word

Fail lmao

This post was edited by Omelette on Apr 16 2015 12:48am
Apr 16 2015 12:59am
My "Item Classification Skills" must need work after not playing for 2 years.
Some Polearms & Spears look somewhat similar.
Will try this again within the day. Without making a total fail part on my end.
Apr 16 2015 01:58am
I retract my above post at this point in time.

What Omelette said "WAS" the problem.
I was just silly and couldn't establish the difference between some Polearm Weapons & Spear Weapons.

I collected 2 Amn Runes & tried to make 2 different Ladder Runewords since I found 2 bases within 2 minutes of eachother while searching for Amn Runes.

(Edge & Spirit)

And they BOTH WORKED!

Thank you

EreKaiser
Textbook
Omelette
Gold: 555.91
Apr 16 2015 09:58am
this thread here, should be stickied also, imho! for those who have extra trouble on setting it up.
Gold: 200.00
Apr 16 2015 10:51am
Quote (Shadowfaxe24 @ 16 Apr 2015 18:58)
this thread here, should be stickied also, imho! for those who have extra trouble on setting it up.

Well it is kinda stick'd :D it is found in PvM Rules & Resources ;)
Gold: 555.91
Apr 16 2015 11:01am
Quote (EreKaiser @ 16 Apr 2015 18:51)
Well it is kinda stick'd :D it is found in PvM Rules & Resources ;)

i know :)

but many people might not be able to figure out by that thread alone, so it would be nice with this one as a sticky as well, for those people who have further problems about setting it up, because
i think this thread here, makes it more clear on how to install it, than the one you mentioned :)

and not everyones an internet genious, like some of us. :p
Gold: 200.00
Apr 16 2015 11:08am
Quote (Shadowfaxe24 @ 16 Apr 2015 20:01)
i know :)

but many people might not be able to figure out by that thread alone, so it would be nice with this one as a sticky as well, for those people who have further problems about setting it up, because
i think this thread here, makes it more clear on how to install it, than the one you mentioned :)

and not everyones an internet genious, like some of us. :p

Yeah that's true :D
Gold: 111.50
Jul 10 2015 07:19pm
i've continued to have problems trying to get ladder rw's through this techinque. Every time i try, i get back the response "You don't have permission to save in this location. Contact the administrator to obtain permission. Would you like to save in the My Documents folder instead?" Has anyone else ever experienced this problem? Not sure how to go about fixing this. i've already switched compatibility mode to Windows XP (Service Pack 3). Any ideas to help out?
Gold: 4,566.82
Sep 20 2015 03:14pm
I'm having a hard time doing this for whatever reason.

Trying to make a harmony runeword but it won't seem to work

I have made the folders and placed the .txt file into the excel folder as well as added -direct -txt but the runeword won't roll

Anything I could be missing that wasn't previously mentioned here?
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
Prev1345
Add Reply New Topic New Poll