d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Site Suggestions >
Poll > Monopoly Traders > Possible New Diablo 2 Trading Forum Rule
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 20,340.00
Aug 5 2014 02:32pm
Quote (Drottning @ Aug 5 2014 02:24pm)
Too much spam. Everyone is arguing for no reason.

The people that would want this banned are the people who aren't profiting from it.
The people that wouldn't want this banned are the people who are profiting from it.

This would be almost impossible to control because the number of sellers of unperm items has gone from 10 to 200 this past ladder.

You're absolutely wrong. NO ONE can profit from paying 100+fg for virgin/perm items to make unmades for 1-2fg per. You have to sell over 50 of them just to make your money back which doesn't include "PROFIT" for the time it takes to dupe, time it takes to sell, and effort to do it all. There is 100% zero profit from 1fg runewords. The only profit is in items that can be virgin bases and duped runes to reroll them over and over until you get a high to perfect roll. And these are VERY VERY few unmade runewords if any at all. Like ed/ar exile. Even 45 res exile is worth 10fg. Yet it costs them 100s of fg to make and tens of hours to reroll for perfs. Still sell for 10fg though aka no profit.

And those few items that DO hold value and CAN be profited on, aren't sold as duped unmades. They're sold as perfects. And if this suggestion was passed, 'virgin' bases mean nothing after that. Meaning, since they're rolled near perf, they're worth what they are worth. Not more or less due to unmade, or virgin, or etc. These items have always held their value, duped or perm. So your argument is invalid. No one profits. They're doing it to kill game. PERIOD.
Gold: 645.99
Warn: 10%
Aug 5 2014 02:33pm
Don't anyone get me wrong though I couldn't care less. I rarely buy from dupers and I don't bot nor do I dupe so regardless of what happens it won't affect me in the slightest. Either way ima shop my crap.
Aug 5 2014 02:35pm
Quote (Bewts @ Aug 5 2014 01:32pm)
You're absolutely wrong. NO ONE can profit from paying 100+fg for virgin/perm items to make unmades for 1-2fg per. You have to sell over 50 of them just to make your money back which doesn't include "PROFIT" for the time it takes to dupe, time it takes to sell, and effort to do it all. There is 100% zero profit from 1fg runewords. The only profit is in items that can be virgin bases and duped runes to reroll them over and over until you get a high to perfect roll. And these are VERY VERY few unmade runewords if any at all. Like ed/ar exile. Even 45 res exile is worth 10fg. Yet it costs them 100s of fg to make and tens of hours to reroll for perfs. Still sell for 10fg though aka no profit.

And those few items that DO hold value and CAN be profited on, aren't sold as duped unmades. They're sold as perfects. And if this suggestion was passed, 'virgin' bases mean nothing after that. Meaning, since they're rolled near perf, they're worth what they are worth. Not more or less due to unmade, or virgin, or etc. These items have always held their value, duped or perm. So your argument is invalid. No one profits. They're doing it to kill game. PERIOD.

My suggestion to you is focus your attention on botting. Idk if you've noticed or not but uniqes/rares are still expensive af as well as crafts. Who gives a fuck about r/ws most are useless anyways.
Gold: 111,131.11
Aug 5 2014 02:35pm
Quote (Bewts @ 5 Aug 2014 20:10)
Yes. This needs changing. People with 100ks of fg selling items for 5fg per runeword is BULLSHIT. The virgin bases and runes to make them ARE TEN TIMES THE PRICE OF THE UNMADE RUNEWORD. Plus the time it takes to dupe all of them isn't even worth the 5fg they make SO THEY'RE DOING IT FOR ABSOLUTELY NO REASON OTHER THAN TO CRASH THE ECONOMY. That's absolutely BULLSHIT. The 5fg isn't even worth their time much less the bases and runes. They definitely need to be stopped because they are doing it for no reason.

Hint: people with lots of FG aren't wasting their time selling runes and unmades for 1 or 2 FG each. Richer people, by and large, have bigger fish to fry; duping low items and selling them for peanuts more readily appeals to the people with no FG to invest, and no assets to shift.

Quote (Bewts @ 5 Aug 2014 20:17)
You guys are '14 rands. They used to control dupes. Unperms and unperm threads like jewel shops and unmade runeword shops were not allowed unless legit. Which is why they didn't exist because no one does that legit.

This simply is not true.

Quote (Superman @ 5 Aug 2014 20:03)
My suggestion is simple, If you want to mass sell or buy mass perm dupes or imports you have to wait a minimum of 3 months into any given ladder season to do so.
Note* Each Ladder Season lasts 6 months unless Blizzard decides to change their length so that's why I thought 3 months was a good amount of time.

Thank you all for your time!

-Zach

OP, I appreciate your passion for the game, but I really think you're barking up the wrong tree with this one, sorry. It seems like a major stretch of wishful thinking to be able to reliably control other people's buying and selling habits like this... in my experience, more is accomplished by sorting your own shit out and finding your own market niche. Don't concern yourself with what others or doing, or what 'the market' is doing.
Aug 5 2014 02:39pm
Quote (Madotsuki @ Aug 5 2014 01:35pm)
Hint: people with lots of FG aren't wasting their time selling runes and unmades for 1 or 2 FG each. Richer people, by and large, have bigger fish to fry; duping low items and selling them for peanuts more readily appeals to the people with no FG to invest, and no assets to shift.

This simply is not true.

OP, I appreciate your passion for the game, but I really think you're barking up the wrong tree with this one, sorry. It seems like a major stretch of wishful thinking to be able to reliably control other people's buying and selling habits like this... in my experience, more is accomplished by sorting your own shit out and finding your own market niche. Don't concern yourself with what others or doing, or what 'the market' is doing.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Gold: 0.00
Aug 5 2014 02:41pm
Quote (Madotsuki @ Aug 5 2014 02:35pm)

This simply is not true.

vouch

This wasn't complained about when only a hand full of people had dupe method all of a sudden its public its a big issue QQ less.
Gold: 20,340.00
Aug 5 2014 02:42pm
Quote (Madotsuki @ Aug 5 2014 02:35pm)

This simply is not true.

Wrong. If they have bigger fish, why wasting time and money on 1fg trades? Thought so. You're wrong. Just another rich guy who wants this game to die.
Gold: 214.00
Aug 5 2014 02:43pm
well... i like it the way it is.
Prices are still quite good compared to the effort it takes.
Yesterday i rolled Grief pb on only 1 char and got 121x 40ias 400dmg... Since you can still sell them for 20-30fg thats almost 3k fg for a one day job on only 1 character...
So dont say prices have crashed... The prices are still very high.

And its same same right for everybody now. Before only Item Shops could dupe. Now everybody can do it.
Its all public. In my eye's it just fair this way, as you cant ban all the private dupes as well.

This post was edited by maulepan on Aug 5 2014 02:47pm
Gold: 0.00
Aug 5 2014 02:43pm
Quote (Bewts @ Aug 5 2014 02:42pm)
Wrong. If they have bigger fish, why wasting time and money on 1fg trades? Thought so. You're wrong. Just another rich guy who wants this game to die.

Why would he want a game to die he plays? QQ LESS ! ! ! !! !! ! !
Aug 5 2014 02:44pm
Quote (Bewts @ Aug 5 2014 01:42pm)

If case you havnt noticed

Yogi/snow_junk aren't selling hrs/rws anymore lols (can name more if you like)

It's just regular people who weren't duping before but now are since it's easily possible

This post was edited by Evangeline_McDowell on Aug 5 2014 02:46pm
Go Back To Site Suggestions Topic List
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll