d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > When Will All Governments Do Away With Abstinence > Based Sexual Education
Prev1234512Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 171.76
Aug 4 2014 09:30pm
Quote (thundercock @ Aug 4 2014 09:59pm)
I will have my kids opt out of sex education.

That's your freedom to do so ...

If you want to sexually stunt their growth and act like that's the moral thing to do ... All I can do is pity your children
Gold: 12,730.67
Aug 4 2014 09:36pm
Quote (bitg_pj @ Aug 4 2014 07:30pm)
That's your freedom to do so ...

If you want to sexually stunt their growth and act like that's the moral thing to do ... All I can do is pity your children

How would I stunt my kids sexual growth? Am I delaying puberty by not exposing them to your perversions?

I will teach them facts such as AIDS is more prevalent in the homosexual community, abortions are morally wrong, etc. They'll learn about condoms and all that other good stuff too, don't you worry. They just won't be taught on a cucumber at age 8.
Gold: Locked
Aug 4 2014 09:38pm
Quote (thundercock @ Aug 4 2014 08:36pm)
How would I stunt my kids sexual growth? Am I delaying puberty by not exposing them to your perversions?

I will teach them facts such as AIDS is more prevalent in the homosexual community, abortions are morally wrong, etc. They'll learn about condoms and all that other good stuff too, don't you worry. They just won't be taught on a cucumber at age 8.

Exactly. They'll learn it like good Christians, in church at six.
Aug 4 2014 10:03pm
Quote (BardOfXiix @ Aug 4 2014 11:38pm)
Exactly.  They'll learn it like good Christians, in church at six.

Nuclear launch detected .

Aug 4 2014 10:05pm
Quote (thundercock @ Aug 4 2014 11:36pm)

So basically as I said ... You'll try and use fear mongering to keep them from behaviours you disagree with .

Aug 4 2014 10:09pm
Quote (bitg_pj @ Aug 4 2014 09:05pm)
So basically as I said ... You'll try and use fear mongering to keep them from behaviours you disagree with .

No, he will be indoctrinating them with his beliefs, just as you will indoctrinate your children with yours. That's how the world works. Then they grow up and become smart and independent and make their own decisions, which may or may not align with yours.
Gold: 12,730.67
Aug 4 2014 10:09pm
Quote (bitg_pj @ Aug 4 2014 08:05pm)

Where is the fear mongering? I've only said facts. Did you experiment with homosexuality or something?

This post was edited by thundercock on Aug 4 2014 10:10pm
Aug 4 2014 10:16pm
Quote (BardOfXiix @ Aug 5 2014 12:09am)
No, he will be indoctrinating them with his beliefs, just as you will indoctrinate your children with yours.  That's how the world works.  Then they grow up and become smart and independent and make their own decisions, which may or may not align with yours.

Homosexuals have higher rates of aids ...

You can't honestly think his aim with that statement is to educate people.... He thinks homosexuality is dirty and immoral and because of that they get aids .

Hell on the abortion part I agree with him ... I think it's not a good choice to end pregnancies just because you had careless sex ... Doesn't mean id tell my daughter it's immoral and murder ... Because I don't want to make my children's choices for them . It's the same reason we have agreed to introduce her to religion and try my best not to call it the joke that I believe it is ... It's going to be her job to make up her own mind.
Aug 4 2014 10:19pm
Quote (bitg_pj @ Aug 4 2014 09:16pm)
Homosexuals have higher rates of aids ...

You can't honestly think his aim with that statement is to educate people.... He thinks homosexuality is dirty and immoral and because of that they get aids .

Hell on the abortion part I agree with him ... I think it's not a good choice to end pregnancies just because you had careless sex ... Doesn't mean id tell my daughter it's immoral and murder ... Because I don't want to make my children's choices for them . It's the same reason we have agreed to introduce her to religion and try my best not to call it the joke that I believe it is ... It's going to be her job to make up her own mind.

You are indoctrinating her one way, TC will indoctrinate his child in another. It's all indoctrination, that's what learning is. I will indoctrinate any kids I raise as well.

Your only real complaint comes down to "but his indoctrination is WRONG".
Aug 4 2014 10:22pm
Quote (BardOfXiix @ Aug 5 2014 12:19am)
You are indoctrinating her one way, TC will indoctrinate his child in another.  It's all indoctrination, that's what learning is.  I will indoctrinate any kids I raise as well.

Your only real complaint comes down to "but his indoctrination is WRONG".

I'm not perfect but my goal is not to force my beliefs upon my daughter ... Quite the opposite. I am a very judgemental and angry person ... I work on it every day but I am hoping to help her become an open and accepting person ... If that's indoctrination I'll accept it as that ... And yes he is wrong in my opinion
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1234512Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll