d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Military Intervention In Israel / Palestine > International Military Intervention
1236Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 282,635.50
Jul 30 2014 02:12pm
Last poll was close due to off-topic posts, also the situation has evolute since then (was yes-41% / no-59% in july 15) http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=71127411&f=119

Note that i change Israel for Israel / Palestine.

A yes to international military intervention includes every scenarios like helping Israel to neutralize Hamas, driving Israel out of Palestine territory, defending civils, etc...

If you vote yes you can specify what kind of intervention, if you vote no you can post you argument as well.

Gold: 0.00
Jul 30 2014 03:22pm
Voted yes.

The international community could do wonders for the situation by deploying ground groups to search places in Palestine that have rockets or tunnels, instead of Israel bombing the sites. The goal would be to reduce civilian casualties, while ending attacks on Israel.

The other portion of intervention would be to make sure safe areas are actually safe. This business of civilians evacuating one area, only to die in another. needs to stop. Part of the issue is Hamas using safe areas to fire rockets and the other part is Israel bombing those areas.

But heaven forbid the U.N. actually do its job and send peacekeepers.
Retired Moderator
Gold: 580.00
Trader: Trusted
Jul 30 2014 03:28pm
Quote (sylvannos @ 30 Jul 2014 23:22)
Voted yes.

The international community could do wonders for the situation by deploying ground groups to search places in Palestine that have rockets or tunnels, instead of Israel bombing the sites. The goal would be to reduce civilian casualties, while ending attacks on Israel.

The other portion of intervention would be to make sure safe areas are actually safe. This business of civilians evacuating one area, only to die in another. needs to stop. Part of the issue is Hamas using safe areas to fire rockets and the other part is Israel bombing those areas.

Great Idea.
I wish someone will suggest and take it on him...

Gold: 22,189.49
Jul 30 2014 04:24pm
Quote (sylvannos @ Jul 30 2014 03:22pm)
Voted yes.

Theres a peace offer on the table that would have international / UN supervision of palestinian disarmament and regulation of the borders to prevent weapons from flowing in, which would allow a 2 state solution with Israel's security guaranteed
Personally though, I think a more workable bone to throw to Israel would be to have palestines border's controlled by an international force with rules set by the UN, but half the forces being pulled from the IDF, which would agree to abide by UN terms
Thus preventing israel from instituting any blockades or being an oppressive military police controlling palestinian borders, but assuring palestine that it would have open borders while still letting the israelis have a foot in self-security
Retired Moderator
Jul 30 2014 04:27pm
Quote (Goomshill @ 31 Jul 2014 00:24)
Theres a peace offer on the table that would have international / UN supervision of palestinian disarmament and regulation of the borders to prevent weapons from flowing in, which would allow a 2 state solution with Israel's security guaranteed
Personally though, I think a more workable bone to throw to Israel would be to have palestines border's controlled by an international force with rules set by the UN, but half the forces being pulled from the IDF, which would agree to abide by UN terms
Thus preventing israel from instituting any blockades or being an oppressive military police controlling palestinian borders, but assuring palestine that it would have open borders while still letting the israelis have a foot in self-security

If it will stop the violence I agree...
Can't live like that anymore.
Gold: 22,189.49
Jul 30 2014 05:08pm
Quote (Many_Names @ Jul 30 2014 04:27pm)
If it will stop the violence I agree...
Can't live like that anymore.

You agree with the Hamas proposal?
Gold: 7,525.35
Jul 30 2014 05:12pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Jul 30 2014 07:08pm)
You agree with the Hamas proposal?

shh dont call it that. now we'll hear all about how terrible and racist it is.
Gold: 0.00
Jul 30 2014 05:16pm
Hamas is a terror group openly killing civilians and launching rockets. They deserve no peace.
Gold: 3.33
Jul 30 2014 05:35pm
I voted no because military intervention never solves anything, plus it's not my problem.

If I had all the power in the world I'd give Israel back to Palestine and get rid of Hamas to create a society where Jews and Arabs both live in Palestine. But that will never happen with the zionists
Retired Moderator
Jul 30 2014 11:19pm
Quote (dro94 @ 31 Jul 2014 01:35)
I voted no because military intervention never solves anything, plus it's not my problem.

If I had all the power in the world I'd give Israel back to Palestine and get rid of Hamas to create a society where Jews and Arabs both live in Palestine. But that will never happen with the zionists

There was no Palestine...
It was the name of the sand given by British occupation....
Get it into your thick head.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
1236Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll