d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Site Suggestions > Suggestion - Spam Vs Warn!
Prev12
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Jul 20 2014 12:14pm
Quote (Stuk3hu @ Jul 20 2014 12:00pm)
As long as the topics owner decides to report spam, it should be concidered an unwanted post.
And if you dont want to be a mod cuz it "takes time", then that person is not suited to be a mod.

You know there is other forums here? Its not only trading grounds..
So many arguments against, you guys love spam that much? ^_^

Dont forget: No spamming or trolling. All topics and replies must be on topic and relevant to the discussion content and sub-forum it is created under.
Current system allows anyone to spam as much as they want, except for the time they are being suspended...
With warn-system, they will spam Less in trading grounds, or any other forum where you dont want spam!

Again giving people 10% warn automatically would end with 99% of the people here. Being warned nearly every post they make. The people that posted in your thread, stayed on topic by asking questions about your runes.
Gold: 0.00
Jul 20 2014 12:18pm
Quote (Stuk3hu @ Jul 20 2014 01:00pm)
As long as the topics owner decides to report spam, it should be concidered an unwanted post.
And if you dont want to be a mod cuz it "takes time", then that person is not suited to be a mod.

You know there is other forums here? Its not only trading grounds..
So many arguments against, you guys love spam that much? ^_^

Dont forget: No spamming or trolling. All topics and replies must be on topic and relevant to the discussion content and sub-forum it is created under.
Current system allows anyone to spam as much as they want, except for the time they are being suspended...
With warn-system, they will spam Less in trading grounds, or any other forum where you dont want spam!

but anyone can do the report is the issue.

a better suggestion would be to limit the "spam" report option to only the thread starter for example.

the site is too large to expect mods to make sure every last reports it thoroughly investigated. there is a reason you report a single post and not an entire thread at a time with the button.

It's the internet and if you can't handle spam without adopting a scorched earth policy then you need to find another way to spend your time.
Gold: 137,907.40
Jul 20 2014 12:18pm
Quote (Wew @ 20 Jul 2014 20:14)
Again giving people 10% warn automatically would end with 99% of the people here. Being warned nearly every post they make. The people that posted in your thread, stayed on topic by asking questions about your runes.

The one-percenters... <_<
It's never easy being one of them...

And what of the answer?
Dont be blind on the spam, just because 2 wanna-b's wanted to ask a stupid question to get +1.... <_<

They didnt even want to buy runes, `
Doesnt matter if they are perm or not if you're not interested in highrunes... ? True?

This post was edited by Stuk3hu on Jul 20 2014 12:19pm
Jul 20 2014 12:21pm
Quote (Subwoofer @ 20 Jul 2014 20:18)
but anyone can do the report is the issue.

a better suggestion would be to limit the "spam" report option to only the thread starter for example.

the site is too large to expect mods to make sure every last reports it thoroughly investigated. there is a reason you report a single post and not an entire thread at a time with the button.

It's the internet and if you can't handle spam without adopting a scorched earth policy then you need to find another way to spend your time.

Yeah I get that. But those few you get to investigate - Warn them...
Cuz if they keep spamming in trade-topics because they think it is fun, the only outcome wil be:
The trade topic closes, You cant make a new one within an hour.
The spammer will keep spamming. Will keep asking topic-related questions, or w/e the spam was. Even though that person aint interested in buying anything at all.
And the topic-owner cant do **** , because the rules are the rules....

:thumbsup:
It's just All wrong!

And boy, I've handled and watched alot of spam before posting this topic. It doesnt really bother me that much, its just that I have to wait an hour to re-open a topic that got closed.
Does it take 1 hour to warn a spammer?
I posted this topic because your rules says "No spam"... So dont come tell me what to do rofl...

This post was edited by Stuk3hu on Jul 20 2014 12:27pm
Gold: 0.00
Jul 20 2014 12:27pm
idk the specific system in place but i agree it would be nice to see a stronger stance on it.

honestly if you ever get a really badly spammed thread it's better to PM one of the higher ups and talk directly because the report button that goes post to post won't convey the issue is the entire thread.

it's just too hard for the mods as a 3rd party to realistically judge a persons overall behavior a single reported post at time, but then again idk if there is a system that keeps track of repeat offenders or w/e.
Gold: 20,811.69
Trader: Trusted
Jul 20 2014 12:30pm
Jeez.. You are flipping out because someone asked a question that anyone would normally ask if the information is not given?

Just because that person may not want the item, does not mean that the next person who views it won't. And if it's not stated they are permed/cubed, more than likely they are going to go to the next thread and buy them off of someone who has stated that they are permed/cubed.

If you don't want these kind of "Spam Posts", then add all the information into your first post, and they'll have no reason to post in your thread asking you about them.
Gold: 1,444.13
Jul 20 2014 12:31pm
only spam in that thread is your own.
Jul 20 2014 12:33pm
Quote (Caulder10 @ 20 Jul 2014 20:31)
only spam in that thread is your own.

:rofl:
They are trolling...
They ask question to get +1. They get answer on their question, but are not interested in buying anything.....

Spam is spam, if I dont want any questions in my topic, I treat them as spam:
http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=71168797
2nd attempt , and still spam....

It's hillarious.

This post was edited by Stuk3hu on Jul 20 2014 12:35pm
Jul 20 2014 12:37pm
Quote (Selet @ 20 Jul 2014 20:30)
Jeez.. You are flipping out because someone asked a question that anyone would normally ask if the information is not given?

Just because that person may not want the item, does not mean that the next person who views it won't. And if it's not stated they are permed/cubed, more than likely they are going to go to the next thread and buy them off of someone who has stated that they are permed/cubed.

If you don't want these kind of "Spam Posts", then add all the information into your first post, and they'll have no reason to post in your thread asking you about them.

But what makes the person who is not interested worthy of spamming my topic?
What do he care?

And if its not stated, I guess it would possibly be perm.. Would not you?
And like I mentioned earlier, I gave him his answer the second he posted....
Either way, I would send that person a pm, not ask in his topic!

Added all info in my topic title, and still spam.
What do you suggest I do now?

This post was edited by Stuk3hu on Jul 20 2014 12:41pm
Go Back To Site Suggestions Topic List
Prev12
Closed New Topic New Poll