d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Black Man Dies During Police Arrest > Caught On Video
12311Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 18,470.03
Jul 18 2014 03:55pm
Video of the event

#eircgarner is taking off quickly.

Many screaming bloody murder.

My thoughts:

At first glance i was appalled by this. When you think about this though, he was trying to take down a 400lb man that was resisting arrest. When the cops are trying to handcuff you, do not resist. Period. He would still be alive today.

Second, he was not savagely being beaten, or having his head slammed as some have reported. As soon as he was down he released the choke hold and pressed his head down to keep him restrained. Let's also keep in mind what cops have to deal with on a day to day basis and I'm sure they have heard people say they can't breathe when being smothered by at least 4 officers.

In the end, it was his own actions and poor health that led to his unfortunate death. I am deeply saddened by this tragedy but I do not rush to judge the officers out of nothing but emotion from the shock of hearing this poor man's last words.
Gold: 28,296.01
Jul 18 2014 04:05pm
not sure why black man ended up in the title

snagging him from behind seemed a bit unnecessary

I mostly agree with your assessment of the situation
Gold: 7,252.72
Jul 18 2014 04:08pm
...not sure how this happened since the Taser is suppose to replace the choke hold .
Jul 18 2014 04:09pm
Quote (Beowulf @ Jul 18 2014 05:05pm)
not sure why black man ended up in the title

snagging him from behind seemed a bit unnecessary

I mostly agree with your assessment of the situation

This is a racial issue and is getting attention due to the race component.

edit as you can see the youtube title also mentions his race.

This post was edited by nineinchnailz on Jul 18 2014 04:11pm
Gold: 1,272.50
Jul 18 2014 04:11pm
Taser would be perfect for this situation...

And people wonder why the PAT test's are so low for agency's. Because they want every police officer to take a bite and work together :lol:

This post was edited by HighschoolTurd on Jul 18 2014 04:12pm
Gold: 28,296.01
Jul 18 2014 04:14pm
Quote (nineinchnailz @ Jul 18 2014 03:09pm)
This is a racial issue and is getting attention due to the race component.

edit as you can see the youtube title also mentions his race.

it also says police brutality which didn't happen in the video either
Jul 18 2014 04:22pm
Quote (Beowulf @ Jul 18 2014 05:14pm)
it also says police brutality which didn't happen in the video either

Im not entirely sure about that. The choke hold could be considered excessive force. I will wait for an investigation to determine that. I will not however rush to say fuck the police and all the other stupid stuff people are saying all over youtube and twitter right now.
Gold: 1.00
Jul 18 2014 04:36pm
Quote (nineinchnailz @ 18 Jul 2014 22:55)
In the end, it was his own actions and poor health that led to his unfortunate death.  I am deeply saddened by this tragedy but I do not rush to judge the officers out of nothing but emotion from the shock of hearing this poor man's last words.

The idea that someone is responsible for their own death because they didn't want someone else to put hands on them, and resisted, is pretty fucked up imo. He wasn't doing anything that directly endangered anyone around him, yet the cops feel the need to fuck with him anyhow, and ultimately murdered him. Maybe not as intentional as shooting him, but murder all the same.

If someone other than a police officer had caused someone to die of a heart attack after putting them in a choke hold, they'd be in prison fairly quickly.

It's sad that some people in the USA actually have the mentality that the best thing to do when the cops show up is just be as submissive as possible. So much for freedom and liberty.
Jul 18 2014 04:39pm
Quote (Plaguelord @ Jul 18 2014 05:36pm)
The idea that someone is responsible for their own death because they didn't want someone else to put hands on them, and resisted, is pretty fucked up imo.  He wasn't doing anything that directly endangered anyone around him, yet the cops feel the need to fuck with him anyhow, and ultimately murdered him.  Maybe not as intentional as shooting him, but murder all the same. 

If someone other than a police officer had caused someone to die of a heart attack after putting them in a choke hold, they'd be in prison fairly quickly.

It's sad that some people in the USA actually have the mentality that the best thing to do when the cops show up is just be as submissive as possible.  So much for freedom and liberty.

LoL Yes absolutely when the cops show up be as COOPERATIVE as possible. These guys put their lives on the line every day and deal with the most horrible people to keep you safe. If they are arresting you without cause you will have your day in court. That is how a free society and justice works, stop being a reactionary dolt.
Gold: 1.00
Jul 18 2014 04:55pm
Quote (nineinchnailz @ 18 Jul 2014 23:39)
LoL Yes absolutely when the cops show up be as COOPERATIVE as possible. These guys put their lives on the line every day and deal with the most horrible people to keep you safe.  If they are arresting you without cause you will have your day in court.  That is how a free society and justice works, stop being a reactionary dolt.

That isn't how a "free" society works. That's how a police state works.

Most cops want to be cops because they're overtly miserable cunts who enjoy exerting their will over other people, and are going to behave like cunts most of the time. So please spare me the bullshit about how they put their lives on the line to keep people safe. They just want to carry a gun and boss people around.

I'm glad I left the USA, and you might be too if you knew the difference.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
12311Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll