d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Ukrainian President Defies Putin, Ignores Eu > Germany And France Beg For Ceasefire
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 633.87
Jul 11 2014 09:36pm
Ukraine has retaken over half of the land seized by Russian rebels in the East.

Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko has ignored the advice of Germany and France to sue for peace and sent in the troops. The rebels are rapidly losing ground and the post-Yanokovich government will soon exercise authority over the entire country. Rebels have been turning in their arms, despairing of active Russian intervention.

http://news.yahoo.com/russia-france-germany-back-ukraine-ceasefire-kremlin-114452061.html

It's important to take the time to reflect at how absolutely craven the major European governments are, and how embarrassingly inept their leaders are at anything that doesn't adhere to their consensus driven model of governance. If Poroshenko had acquiesced he would have consigned his country to decades of the same instability that has wracked Moldova. Peace is what Putin wants when it means indefinite Russian influence in Ukraine and a permanent bargaining chip in diplomatic relations. Instead we're likely to see a Ukraine hostile to Russia for the foreseeable future.

More than anything come 2016, the United States needs to do better than Obama and Kerry when it comes to foreign policy. The Europeans were ready to give Putin what he wanted, and out of concern for consensus Obama did the same. We need the country's future in more competent hands. Listening to Kerry's drivel re: the path forward for Afghanistan made me sick.
Gold: 171.76
Jul 11 2014 11:03pm
Putin should just turn off the gas lines to Europe and wait until winter, won't need a single boot in Ukraine to bring all of Europe to their knees.

Simple end to the confrontation....
Gold: 12,730.67
Jul 11 2014 11:09pm
Quote (bitg_pj @ Jul 11 2014 09:03pm)
Putin should just turn off the gas lines to Europe and wait until winter, won't need a single boot in Ukraine to bring all of Europe to their knees.

I didn't know you were a fan of Russia over the West.
Jul 11 2014 11:19pm
Quote (thundercock @ Jul 12 2014 01:09am)
I didn't know you were a fan of Russia over the West.

I'm not a fan of either side, but I think it's time someone forced the USA Canada and Western Europe to mind their own fucking business and stop trying to push their agendas where it doesn't belong.

Maybe you haven't noticed, but every time the West sticks it's nose where it doesn't belong, it makes problems about 100 times worse

Libya , Afghanistan, Vietnam , Libya , Kosovo, Iraq , Somalia ....Syria

like you don't seem to get it, as well intentioned as you may feel it is....We need to adopt a non interference policy with other cultures and mind our own business a lot of the time...

You whine and gripe about foreign governments funding terrorists to kill Americans, then do the same thing in other countries to intentionally destabilize them because they don't meet your ethical standards..

America used to be a great nation, so did Canada, it's time to return to being those nations

This post was edited by bitg_pj on Jul 11 2014 11:20pm
Jul 11 2014 11:23pm
Quote (bitg_pj @ Jul 11 2014 09:19pm)
I'm not a fan of either side, but I think it's time someone forced the USA Canada and Western Europe to mind their own fucking business and stop trying to push their agendas where it doesn't belong.

Maybe you haven't noticed, but every time the West sticks it's nose where it doesn't belong, it makes problems about 100 times worse

Libya , Afghanistan, Vietnam , Libya , Kosovo, Iraq , Somalia ....Syria

like you don't seem to get it, as well intentioned as you may feel it is....We need to adopt a non interference policy with other cultures and mind our own business a lot of the time...

You whine and gripe about foreign governments funding terrorists to kill Americans, then do the same thing in other countries to intentionally destabilize them because they don't meet your ethical standards..

America used to be a great nation, so did Canada, it's time to return to being those nations

And Russia shouldn't mind its own business either?

We made Kosovo a MUCH better place. Also, we haven't stuck our nose in Syria really other than to condemn the violence.
Jul 11 2014 11:32pm
Quote (thundercock @ Jul 12 2014 01:23am)
And Russia shouldn't mind its own business either?

We made Kosovo a MUCH better place. Also, we haven't stuck our nose in Syria really other than to condemn the violence.

You're comparing apples to oranges on the Russia minding it's own business, it would be comparable more along the lines of the Cuban missile crisis, which your country objected to greatly if I recall, Russia helping a hostile anti US government right on your own border.....which is exactly what the West is supporting in Ukraine....

Kosovo is so much better that it's citizens can't enjoy free travel throughout Europe, and relies heavily on US aid for survival....

And the USA is actively funding and arming Terrorists in Syria to try to ensure that neither the government of Syria or the radical Islamist sects gain a foothold

Imagine if someone was to support and arm people that wanted their state to secede from the USA, how would you feel?

I'm sure logic can get through to you at some point when you stop trolling jr

Jul 11 2014 11:39pm
Quote (bitg_pj @ Jul 11 2014 09:32pm)
You're comparing apples to oranges on the Russia minding it's own business, it would be comparable more along the lines of the Cuban missile crisis, which your country objected to greatly if I recall, Russia helping a hostile anti US government right on your own border.....which is exactly what the West is supporting in Ukraine....

Kosovo is so much better that it's citizens can't enjoy free travel throughout Europe, and relies heavily on US aid for survival....

And the USA is actively funding and arming Terrorists in Syria to try to ensure that neither the government of Syria or the radical Islamist sects gain a foothold

Imagine if someone was to support and arm people that wanted their state to secede from the USA, how would you feel?

We're not putting nuclear weapons pointed at Russia in Ukraine... If I recall correctly, America has allowed Cuba to remain Communist for decades...and they are hostile towards the US. Also, the current Ukrainian government is only hostile towards Russia because Russia fucking stole part of their country. You'd be pissed too if we came in and took New Foundland from you guys.

As for Kosovo...they'd be dead without us...

Aside from some minor CIA stuff (small arms), we haven't done much in Syria. Our involvement has a much smaller impact compared to the countries involved.

As for your state example...depends on which state!
Jul 11 2014 11:51pm
Quote (thundercock @ Jul 12 2014 01:39am)
We're not putting nuclear weapons pointed at Russia in Ukraine... If I recall correctly, America has allowed Cuba to remain Communist for decades...and they are hostile towards the US. Also, the current Ukrainian government is only hostile towards Russia because Russia fucking stole part of their country. You'd be pissed too if we came in and took New Foundland from you guys.

As for Kosovo...they'd be dead without us...

Aside from some minor CIA stuff (small arms), we haven't done much in Syria. Our involvement has a much smaller impact compared to the countries involved.

As for your state example...depends on which state!

1. I'm quite sure that Putin fears nuclear arsenals in Ukraine, or US/Euro Airbases and Naval bases....which he would have to be stark raving mad to even consider allowing as the head of Russia....( would the USA tolerate Russia or China setting up shop in BC ? fuck no...you'd sooner annex it yourselves )

2. possibly, that point I must concede, they could be all wiped out...but it's not much better there now, dreadful place with dreadful conditions...

3. i hardly think 250 million dollars worth of small arms, munitions, food, anti tank weapons with the promises of more to come is small, but to each their own

4. I'd be ok with losing Newfoundland as long as we can keep that jsp dude from Newfoundland, their accent is horrific and pierces my ears like a fog horn or nails on a chalkboard....can we have Washington state and Buffalo NY? they're basically Canadian anyways....
Gold: 633.87
Jul 12 2014 01:06am
Quote (bitg_pj @ Jul 12 2014 12:03am)

He has already done this.

Quote (bitg_pj @ Jul 12 2014 12:32am)

1. The United States did not invade Cuba, and decades later the Cuban government still stands.

2. The Cold War is over, the United States is not importing nukes into Ukraine, and the administration has refused to send weapons to the new regime.

3. Kosovo is better because they prefer it. What you want for people you don't represent is completely irrelevant, I didn't think you were such a imperialist.

4. You're comparing a sovereign nation with non-sovereign entities (e.g. Colorado, Texas, New York). Are you dumb? Of course the United States would object if someone was supporting Texan secession. If you knew what was going on around you you'd know that Putin just visited Cuba, and yet you don't see Americans up in arms about it.

This post was edited by bogie160 on Jul 12 2014 01:07am
Jul 12 2014 01:14am
Quote (bogie160 @ Jul 12 2014 03:06am)
He has already done this.

1. The United States did not invade Cuba, and decades later the Cuban government still stands.

2. The Cold War is over, the United States is not importing nukes into Ukraine, and the administration has refused to send weapons to the new regime.

3. Kosovo is better because they prefer it. What you want for people you don't represent is completely irrelevant, I didn't think you were such a imperialist.

4. You're comparing a sovereign nation with non-sovereign entities (e.g. Colorado, Texas, New York). Are you dumb? Of course the United States would object if someone was supporting Texan secession. If you knew what was going on around you you'd know that Putin just visited Cuba, and yet you don't see Americans up in arms about it.

1. You need a history book son ... Or googl*** of pigs...

2. I'll ignore because as much as we all know the west got exactly what they wanted with the regime change ... There's no way to prove they were involved ...

3. Im not an imperialist ... And I'm shocked that you ... The man that thinks America should invade everything and everyone cares about what people want for their own lives and country...I'm touched.

4. States were intended to be sovereign entities .... That's the whole point of secession movements is that their independence has been violated by the federal governments .
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll