d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > What Is Your View On Suicide
Prev123419Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 6.66
Jul 5 2014 11:10am
depends on circumstances. Euthanasia and its relatives are generally alright.

Quote (Skinned @ Jul 5 2014 06:42pm)
To me it is just turning the on switch to off.

I'll probably end my own life eventually if I feel like I start to lose my mind or if I see a future with no dignity.  And it shouldn't be a sad thing either.

what would be a future without dignity to you?
Gold: 7,525.35
Jul 5 2014 11:12am
Quote (Neptunus @ Jul 5 2014 01:10pm)

what would be a future without dignity to you?

The 2nd term of Hillary's presidency after he supporting her getting elected both times.
Gold: 1,382.83
Jul 5 2014 11:53am
Quote (Zoophile @ Jul 5 2014 12:04pm)
Topic.

Up to the individual.

I think a lot of people commit suicide for moronic reasons (pure personal opinion that should sway noone away from what they want to do)
Such as, people killing themselves based upon the opinions of others ("Nobody loves me! Everyone thinks I'm ugly!")
Or due to problems that they are easily able to overcome, such as financial issues, their job, where they live.

But, if a person wants to kill themselves for any of those reasons, so be it..If there is one choice in life that should be up to them alone, it's whether they want to continue living. Hopefully they go out in a fashion that does the least harm, such as not blowing their brains out across their room for their Significant other or children to come find.

This perspective that "suicide is selfish" is so absurd it makes me want to kill myself. People who say this must be incapable of seeing the two lanes on down the street..This is the one choice one should be able to make without such a judgement. Get over your worthless emotions and don't expect someone who is suffering every moment of their life to keep living just because you will allow yourself to be hurt by it.

Only thing really keeping me alive is the fact that I think I can escape the things I hate in a fashion I am okay with.
Once I feel I've done what I've finished what I've come here for,
If something stops that, or it seems that I will live a life I hate, I'll just off myself.

This post was edited by Tylr on Jul 5 2014 12:00pm
Gold: 270.56
Jul 5 2014 11:57am
In some circumstances, I find it acceptable. It's selfish to feel like we know what that person is going through isn't as bad as they think it is.
Quote (HighschoolTurd @ Jul 5 2014 08:44am)
.. Hope you're not being serious.

What if he is? I've often said to my family if I get a terminal illness, I'm going to have one last gathering of friends and family and buy a one way ticket to Alaska and just walk into the wilderness. Freezing isn't all that unpleasant of a way to go, and I'd rather have control over my death than suffer knowing there's no hope.
Gold: 68.99
Warn: 10%
Jul 5 2014 02:46pm
i'd not recommend it, but in some cases it ain't that bad.
Gold: 1.00
Jul 5 2014 03:02pm
Quote (Skinned @ Jul 5 2014 09:42am)
To me it is just turning the on switch to off.

I'll probably end my own life eventually if I feel like I start to lose my mind or if I see a future with no dignity.  And it shouldn't be a sad thing either.

Nietzsche wrote that he believed a person should celebrate their death with a party. He says when a man becomes degenerative he no longer has a reason to live, and that they should invite their friends and family to a party and celebrate an end to life.
Gold: 11.00
Jul 5 2014 03:03pm
Quote (HighschoolTurd @ 5 Jul 2014 12:56)
Just to illiterate a bit. My grandpa had skin cancer and was a Christian. He got it in his late 70's and lived to 82 I believe. He fought cancer until the very end. He brought our whole family together in the process.

My aunt had diabetes, had to get her blood drawn every other week. (Dialysis) And she was in her 80's non smoker, wildier than a billy goat.  We used to celebrate Christmas at her house every year, and thanksgiving. We went to visit her at the Dialysis center where she was getting her blood drawn and I about puked. Not because it was physically gross, but because of the scenery. Poor old lady hooked up to tubes with blood pumping in and out. She decided to finally just stop going after a while and wanted to go.  It was absolutely brutal, but I can see in that case, assisted suicide might have been an easier way out for her. She wouldn't have to suffer. My mom stayed with her at her home and she told me she was gasping for air before she went.

Point I'm trying to make it, the longer you're alive the more it effects the family in positive ways and brings the family closer.  I guess it could also negatively effect the family as well, but I believe ultimately positive family bonding will be achieved in the end.  Negative effects I assume would be the grieving process, but I believe we all will overcome that. It will only make us stronger.

your posts make me eyes bleed. every time
Gold: 11.00
Jul 5 2014 03:15pm
Quote (Vereor @ 5 Jul 2014 13:57)
In some circumstances, I find it acceptable.  It's selfish to feel like we know what that person is going through isn't as bad as they think it is. 

who in their right mind believes this? an observer might have good reason to believe the person's feeling won't last as long as they believe it will, but it makes no sense for an observer to believe it feels "differently" than the person thinks. you can't separate feeling from subjective experience.
Gold: 0.00
Jul 5 2014 03:25pm
Doctor-assisted suicide is completely fine. When a pet is dying, we don't hesitate to do the humane thing and put the animal down.

When an elderly or terminally ill human being expresses how miserable they are, we get all up in arms about how immoral they are for even thinking about going early. It's incredibly selfish of us to deny a sick person their dignity.

As for other suicides, they're often a symptom of metal health issues. Specifically, the vast fucking majority of suicides are people with depression or bipolar disorder. Why we still have a society so hateful towards victims, despite insane amounts of medical research, is beyond me.

It's goddamn ridiculous at how taboo it is for people to seek mental health treatment in our society. To be fair though, we were still performing lobotomies only 60 years ago.

Gold: 68.99
Warn: 10%
Jul 5 2014 03:39pm
Quote (JadeSky @ Jul 6 2014 12:02am)
Nietzsche wrote that he believed a person should celebrate their death with a party. He says when a man becomes degenerative he no longer has a reason to live, and that they should invite their friends and family to a party and celebrate an end to life.

in Zhuangzi it's said that the celebration of life also demands the celebration of death
some Greek historian reported that the Thracians used to cry when a child was born, and that they used to celebrate when someone died.

This post was edited by Gastly on Jul 5 2014 03:39pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev123419Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll