d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > MMORPG > Guild Wars 1 & 2 > Just Bought The Game 50% Off ! > Can Someone Give Me A Quick Start Guide?
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jun 28 2014 08:44pm
Just got some pc upgrades on newegg.
By chance when visiting the newegg games section, I found guild wars 2 @ 50% off on the official website.

I remember wanting to play it in the past, but didn't have the cash @ the time, then forgot about the game.
Wasn't really going to spend any more cash after this Big chunk of upgrading, but...
Since it was 50% off I couldn't pass up on the deal.

Its downloaded & ready to play.
I was wondering if anyone knew what server is 1 of the best currently.
Also if there is any character that is OP lvl'ing the first time.
is there any character that is OP end-game.
which character would help make profit for newbies?

what else is basic info I should know right off the bat?

anyone want to be gaming friends? :)
Gold: 208,274.67
Jun 28 2014 09:31pm
Servers don't really matter, it's only for WvW.
You can do some research on that.

OP characters not so much. All are viable.
But, in general you can't go wrong with the following
Guardian / Mesmer / Warrior / Ele

I'd recommend starting off guardian or warrior. Both give a pretty easy learning curve.
Gold: 0.00
Jun 28 2014 09:53pm
Quote (eekzie @ 28 Jun 2014 21:31)
Servers don't really matter, it's only for WvW.
You can do some research on that.

OP characters not so much. All are viable.
But, in general you can't go wrong with the following
Guardian / Mesmer / Warrior / Ele

I'd recommend starting off guardian or warrior. Both give a pretty easy learning curve.

Went with the Thief, she looked hot.
the leveling system in this game is kind of weird lol, but something new.
Gold: 212.00
Jun 28 2014 11:58pm
I will introduce you to GW2 in 10 seconds

Pause where needed

Gold: 22.00
Jun 29 2014 11:47am
Quote (conetopia @ Jun 28 2014 09:44pm)
Just got some pc upgrades on newegg.
By chance when visiting the newegg games section, I found guild wars 2 @ 50% off on the official website.

I remember wanting to play it in the past, but didn't have the cash @ the time, then forgot about the game.
Wasn't really going to spend any more cash after this Big chunk of upgrading, but...
Since it was 50% off I couldn't pass up on the deal.

Its downloaded & ready to play.
I was wondering if anyone knew what server is 1 of the best currently.
Also if there is any character that is OP lvl'ing the first time.
is there any character that is OP end-game.
which character would help make profit for newbies?

what else is basic info I should know right off the bat?

anyone want to be gaming friends? :)

the best servers to join are the ones that consistently do well in WvW. the better your server does in WvW, the higher % bonuses players on the server receive. this isn't too big a deal, and the difference in benefits a good WvW server has, and a decent WvW server has, aren't that much different. mouseover the WvW icon on the top left part of the screen to see what i'm talking about.

some servers have a niche, i.e. a Dutch server in EU, or a roleplaying server in US, so do some research before you commit, cause talking about your charr's fluffy tail in the first person and memorizing the full list of emotes obviously isn't everybody's cup of tea.

there's no OP anything, there's no best anything. build your character in a way that suits your playstyle. for the most part the game is balanced, though it's popular belief rangers are still waiting to be put on par with all the other classes. this is backed up by numbers and theory if you care to search for it.

making profit is not easy anymore; there are very few ways you can 'farm' gold effectively and consistently. the players making the biggest profits are those who already have a few thousand gold and use the gold to buy low and sell high on the trading post. 'til then, a safe bet is to repeat dungeons, which gets incredibly boring incredibly fast. this is supported by the fact that some people on jsp, in game, and on other forums here claim to have super secret ways of making thousands of gold but act like it's a secret; there is no way. RNG, etc etc etc.

one of the good things about gw2 is, gold is mostly useful for making your character look prettier. it's basically a game of dressup. the difference in effectiveness between a character in gear worth 100g and gear worth 5000g is minimal, possibly a few stats here or there as seen in the difference between exotic and ascended stats. sure there are tomes, traits, essential things every character needs, but none of those essential things you'll ever have to grind for... at least you shouldn't have to.

GL, you'll definitely get at least a few solid months of gameplay out of this game before it grows tiresome. it's worth the money even when you buy it at retail price.

This post was edited by Wretch on Jun 29 2014 11:52am
Jun 30 2014 03:01am
Inappropriate Post Content
Go Back To Guild Wars 1 & 2 Topic List
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll