d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Ask A Christian > No Spam, Flaming, Etc. Etc.
Prev1444546474857Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 152.00
Aug 10 2014 10:09pm
Quote (S3th @ Aug 10 2014 09:26pm)
What is the point of living for eternity?

Quote (HighschoolTurd @ Aug 10 2014 09:39pm)
What's the point of living now when you die it's over at the grave?

Neither is relevant, the duration of a life doesn't make the moments in that life any more or less significant.
Gold: 410.00
Aug 12 2014 08:32am
Quote (duffman316 @ Aug 9 2014 07:33pm)
does the trinity make sense to you? and have you ever asked yourself what's the point of it all? life on earth and heaven/hell after etc.

Yeah. So I have different explanations of the trinity in my head. The thing about any religion is it should have things you can't answer. you should have a God, for example, that is beyond the description of words because he is beyond the very matter he created. So it's ok if certain things don't make sense. The reason people have such a problem with this is because we think if we can understand something, we can control it. Well we can't control God, nor can we understand Him; I am comforted by that.

Trinity: Lets look at an egg. I have the EGG shell, that I need to get rid of first. Then the EGG white and the EGG yoke left. Now each of those parts of the egg are distinct and play a purpose. The egg shell contains the embryo and keep everything protected. The egg white nourishes the embryo. The embro grows and becomes a chick. So now each part is distinct but each part is called an "egg". This is a decent explanation of God. 3 distinct forms in 1. Now...let's throw this a little more complicated. God has 3 parts: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. The Son was a phyisical form of this Earth. The Spirit is an indwelling form among people. The Father is a spiritual form typically referred to in heaven. Now each of these parts of God make up 1 God, but each have their roles. So now the difference between the Triune God and what some consider a pantheon is that HE doesn't consider himself separate. God glorifies the Holy Spirit and Jesus. Jesus lifts up Holy Spirit and his Abba. The Holy Spirit points to Jesus and God. They aren't fighting for power because they are one entity. They point to each other.

I know this is super confusing but I hope that helped a lil.

Yea I thought about the point of life a lot. I use to stay up awake at night for long hours frieking out because if their is no God, if this is it...it's pointless. We would be just matter floating through a void that would eventually end. Humans will eventually die, legacies will be lost and it would all be meaningless. The point of it all in my mind is to worship and to love the Creator that is outside of the universe and be loved by him.

This post was edited by wofire on Aug 12 2014 08:32am
Aug 12 2014 08:35am
Quote (S3th @ Aug 10 2014 02:15pm)
What is the point of an after life without an after after life?

We think of things as within time. Since God created time, when we leave it, we won't be able to think of things as before/after. There won't even be a way to think of it. Yea it is honestly a question I had to think of a lot because I wondered if heaven would have levels or would we get bored. I have found even with my limited exposure to God, that heaven won't be boring.
Aug 12 2014 08:36am
Quote (BardOfXiix @ Aug 10 2014 12:20am)
Props for having easily the best thread in PaRD in months.  I appreciate the time and dedication you put into answering these questions, keeping the thread active, and having a good attitude.

<3 Thanks BRO! I like your Dino
Aug 12 2014 08:47am
Quote (Plaguelord @ Aug 10 2014 09:22am)
Question for the OP:

How does the rape and murder of a 6 year old girl factor into Gods plan?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/teen-accused-killing-raping-6-year-old-wash-girl-article-1.1898173

No being in the universe is infuriated and angered by rape and murder.

Matthew 18:6-"If anyone causes one of these little ones--those who believe in me--to stumble, it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.
Deut 32:35- Vengeance is mine, and recompense, for the time when their foot shall slip; for the day of their calamity is at hand, and their doom comes swiftly.’

I will try to explain it 3 P's that I learned.

God had a Purpose.
This purpose was to love on the creation he made. He gave them a playground of the Earth and dwelt among them. He loved on them and they knew their identity in him. Everything was perfect.
But their was a PROBLEM.
Man decided they would try the one thing God said not to. Sin and deceit entered into the World and man lost their way. This is where pain of the world comes from. Lies, Murder, Rape...all comes from people trying to satisfy a desire and craving of power that isn't theirs to begin with. Sin takes us farther then we ever intended to go and keeps us longer then we ever planned to stay. As people we should be trapped in this new world of sin we made...

But God so loved the world, He Had a PLAN.
That Plan was Jesus. Jesus would live a perfect, sinless life. He would be betrayed and executed. He took the sins of the world on himself so that those who accepted the free gift of Christ could live in Heaven with God.

So God's plan is this: to reunite the sanctified world to himself. But their is still the unsanctified world; the world of sin and evil around us. That world will be here. Rape will be here. Murder. Theft. All of it will be here until the World ends....sad truth of human life.

But God will judge the unsanctified world. God will take vengeance on those who harm. God will provide justice.
Aug 12 2014 08:47am
Quote (duffman316 @ Aug 10 2014 09:03am)
you claim to know the purpose of the world  :blink: ?

yes.
Aug 12 2014 08:49am
Quote (Voyaging @ Aug 10 2014 11:09pm)
Neither is relevant, the duration of a life doesn't make the moments in that life any more or less significant.

I agree to this statement. If their is no eternity, then their is no point to life no matter how long. With no one to remember or know or place value on a life, their is no value.
Aug 27 2014 03:31pm
wow 2 weeks since I have updated this! <3 Sorry school started up and such. Bump =)
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
Aug 27 2014 04:16pm
answer this
Racist?
You have the United Negro College Fund.
You have Martin Luther King Day.
You have Black History Month.
You have Cesar Chavez Day.
You have Yom Hashoah
You have Ma'uled Al-Nabi
You have the NAACP.
You have BET.
If we had WET(white entertainment television) ...we'd be racist.
If we had a White Pride Day... you would call us racist.
If we had white history month... we'd be racist.
If we had an organization for only whites to "advance" our lives... we'd be racist.
If we had a college fund that only gave white students scholarships...you know we'd be racist.
In the Million Man March, you believed that you were marching for your race and rights. If we marched for our race and rights...you would call us racist.
Did you know that some high school students decided to make a club for only the white students because the other ethnicities had them?... they all got sent to court for being racist but the african-american, latino, and asia clubs were not even questioned.
You are proud to be black, brown, yellow and orange, and you're not afraid to announce it. But if we announced our white pride, you would call us racists.
I am white.
I am proud.
But, you call me a racist.
Why is it that only whites can be racists?
Repost if you agree.
Now watch, I'll be a racist for posting this.
So watch no one will repost this for fear of being called racist.

Gold: 282,060.50
Aug 27 2014 06:22pm
Quote (Kacsticles @ Aug 27 2014 06:16pm)
answer this

nazi
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1444546474857Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll