d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > Challenging Uber Tristram Runs > No More Easy Mode Smiters
1238Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 21.00
Jun 19 2014 03:40am
Hello everyone, I've been playing Diablo 2 for over a decade now, but for many reasons I've always preferred single player. This season however is the first time I got into the ladder, so I'm trying to take the best bnet experience. I've already got tired of shops duping sojs and killing clones was a chore rather than fun, I've already had my first lag death (at level 90) but ubers was something I've never tried and always wanted to do on singleplayer. And since I prefer challenges in diablo 2, I'm not going to be doing ubers with cheesy smiters. I've decided to make very unusual builds and kill ubers with something that UT has never seen.
When I mentioned people my first uber character, people laughed at me, said I was going to die, even offered 10 destruction keys if I will be able to make it, and I have successfully done it 3 times already.

So here we go, Agguh - Uber Tristram Immortal King Barbarian

The set is so underrated, not only it is perfect for pvm or mf runs, it has pretty much no troubles against ubers too.
My gear:
Full IK set
(2x ummed hammer, 2x ummed helm, 15ias jewel in armor)
Angelic combo
Ravenfrost
Full inventory of resist and life small charms
Demonlimb and life tap wand on switch.

Another huge rule I have in my gameplay - NO RUNEWORDS AT ALL. I just dont like them. So this basically means no fade and no cta vs ubers which is huge.
To make things even more fun I'm using Uther, Act 5 Mercenary Barbarian using full Sazabi's set! Actually he not only looks cool but surprisingly is very very tanky and rarely dies.

The build I've chosen for it was Concentrate, for strong single target attack, defense boost and I was rather inexperienced with Whirlwind.

I was starting the runs with my friend Peconomusman, who supported me with his shouts, but in the end the goal is to solo ubers alone.
He is wearing stuff like Iratha's crown, Que Hegan's armor, so he's equally crazy going there with this gear.

So here are the videos of our runs. I'm not including our first run, because of technical difficulties, but it was successful too.

Second IK Barb Uber Trist Run (with Peco)
http://www.twitch.tv/agguh/c/4481873
I knew what to expect, everything went very smooth. 19/13 paladin torch was the outcome.

Third IK Barb Uber Trist Run (solo)
http://www.twitch.tv/agguh/c/4482933
This was my first time at ubers alone, so I felt very nervous, which made me do so many mistakes. Yes, I've killed Mephisto with bo amulet on lol. Nevertheless, I did it without too many difficulties and got 12/20 necromancer torch.

That's it for now, stay tuned for next ubers, I am playing without any fg trading at all, so it will take a bit to farm the gear for my future characters.
All the feedback is very appreciated.

This post was edited by Agguh on Jun 19 2014 03:41am
Gold: 0.00
Jun 19 2014 05:29am
gj!
but man +30min video both, aint nobody got time fo dat :wacko:
anyway keep them comin', shorter version pls^^
Jun 19 2014 05:38am
Quote (tefist @ Jun 19 2014 01:29pm)
gj!
but man +30min video both, aint nobody got time fo dat  :wacko:
anyway keep them comin', shorter version pls^^

Yes, I know that the length of the videos is problematic, but I don't see what could I do about it..
The mini ubers and the way to them is equally or even more challenging then the actual ubers.
I guess you could skip some and watch just some parts, I dont know..
Well there was one guy who said spent 2 hours watching my videos and asked for more, so at least one person got time fo dat :P

edit: Ohh, and I forgot to say, everything will be done in hardcore of course! :)

This post was edited by Agguh on Jun 19 2014 05:44am
Gold: 8,577.68
Jun 19 2014 06:13am
Hey... well done for you.

I think there is an old 1.10 vid of an IK barb that did ubers... not sure.
Jun 19 2014 06:23am
Quote (izParagonzi @ Jun 19 2014 02:13pm)
Hey... well done for you.

I think there is an old 1.10 vid of an IK barb that did ubers... not sure.

I've been searching a lot and the only video I've found on youtube was some japanese guy doing ubers with ww ik barb.
However it only shows the fights, and all mini ubers are lured right next to red portals and there are many cut parts, so it is slightly questionable.
Anyway, IK uber barb is not absolutely unique then I guess, but still very unusual :)
Gold: 8,577.68
Jun 19 2014 06:39am
Quote (Agguh @ Jun 20 2014 01:23am)
I've been searching a lot and the only video I've found on youtube was some japanese guy doing ubers with ww ik barb.
However it only shows the fights, and all mini ubers are lured right next to red portals and there are many cut parts, so it is slightly questionable.
Anyway, IK uber barb is not absolutely unique then I guess, but still very unusual :)

I believe that it was WW + Conc IK barb vid... but then, it was long ago... I have seen a Bowazon beat ubers... this to me is alot harder than a barb build.

Basically... try different things with your barb for Uber Trist and increase your killspeed... I personally believe that Faster Killspeed is the best way to make a point.
Gold: 41.05
Jun 19 2014 06:44am
2x15/40 (or even 2xshael) in the weapon would be much better if you are good at wwing (gores gives enough ow already)

This post was edited by Telefunken on Jun 19 2014 06:51am
Gold: 0.00
Jun 19 2014 06:46am
Gj buddy :)

~MadVisions @ twitch
Gold: 555.91
Jun 19 2014 06:57am
Quote (Telefunken @ 19 Jun 2014 14:44)
2x15/40 in the weapon would be much better if you are good at wwing (gores gives enough ow already)

well, no gores for a full IK-set barb, since IK set has boots as well, thats why he need ums in the hammer.

but i guess he could put um and a ber in the hammer, that atleast gives 25 ow and 20 cb.
Gold: 41.05
Jun 19 2014 07:05am
Quote (Shadowfaxe24 @ Jun 19 2014 01:57pm)
well, no gores for a full IK-set barb, since IK set has boots as well, thats why he need ums in the hammer.

but i guess he could put um and a ber in the hammer, that atleast gives 25 ow and 20 cb.

y, you are right no gores:). whatever, I'd still go with 2x40/15 or shaels and no ow for 4fpa ww. ow is not really needed in a 1player game. if he manage to stay in ww range, that 4fpa ww would be a lot faster than 14fpa conc:)

This post was edited by Telefunken on Jun 19 2014 07:08am
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
1238Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll