d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Graphic Design > Graphic Requests > Helpful Tips For Getting The Best Gfx > For Your Fg - 06-17-2014
Closed New Topic New Poll
Retired Moderator
Gold: 2,140.88
Trader: Trusted
Jun 17 2014 08:34pm
Tips And Tricks For Getting The Best Gfx

1. How to Request a signature
2. Different signature styles
3. How to create a signature/graphic service
4. Helpful tips for Artists
5. Bad Manners
6. Helpful Links

1. How to Request a signature
for Requesters

use the following steps to get the best signature for your fg:
  • consider exactly what you are looking for.
  • think carefully about what you want to pay. Try to keep your price range close, for example 400-500 fg and not 1-1000 fg
  • think about a good Topic title. "400-500 fg for a Spiderman signature" is a good example of title.
  • i would recommend a "red" and " Bold" Topic title.
  • post pictures you would like to have in your signature (remember that the quality of a render could not be changed, so try to find something with a high quality).
  • consider which size your signature should have. ( please respect the d2jsp rules )
  • if you have any color preference please post them in your request topic.
  • try to describe exactly what style your signature should have. ( traditional, Smudge, popout ) i will gave some examples below .
  • consider what kind of text you would like to have in your signature. It is best if make previously thoughts about what Font do you want. ( i add some useful links below )
  • think about how long you will run this request topic ( this topic will be closed in 4 weeks ). I made some good experience with really shot running time (1-2 weeks or just days).
Example of a good Request:

2. Different signature styles
for Requesters

Here are some different kind of styles you can request in your topic. Remember that it is easier for the artist when he knows what to do.

3. How to create a signature/graphic service
for Artists

Now it is permitted to create an own signature/graphic service without trusted Tag. i will show you some steps how you can optimize your service.
Use the following stept to get as many requests as possible:
  • think about a good Topic title. something with the word "Service" will add some attention to your topic.
  • i would recommend a "red" and " Bold" Topic title in order to receive attention.
  • explain in your topic how a customer can buy a graphic.
  • write down exactly what information you need for the request. ( examples below)
  • write exactly what you are offering ( signature, Avatars, guild chartas, profile designs ).
  • choose prices for each service you are offering. i would recommend to use fix prices no matter how difficult it is.
  • you should set rules for your service, for example: Eryery payment have to be sent upfront. ( you will see more examples below)
  • i would recommend to add to add an Avatar for free to each signature ( i personally won't pay for an extra Avatar ).
  • you should add a Gallery of premades you have done to show the customers what you able to.
Example of a good Service:

4. Helpful tips for Artists
for Artists
  • remember that you are doing the job for the customer. The customer is always right.
  • listen to your customer clearly and try to do what you are told to do even when its no fun.
  • always remember that you are the artist and the customer is not familiar to it. Try to talk that also your cutomer understands you.
  • Do not impose any conditions on your customer.
  • Do not post any negative reaction when your job got denied by the customer and the customer prefers a signature from other user.
  • stay always humble and cool.

5. Bad Manners
for Artists and Requesters
  • violations against the rules
  • When you have made a signature request please post when you bought a signature otherwise you waste Artists time.
  • Do not change your mind within a signature request. for example: you post that you want to have a Venom signature instead of a Spiderman signature now.
  • Do not make any bad comments towards an other artists try.
  • If a requester is offering 200 fg for a signature, do not post that your attempt is going for 100 fg.
  • do not post in a topic at all unless you are entering a graphic.
  • Do not rip any other customers signature ! if your signature get ripped use the Ripper Accusation

6. Helpful Links
for Artists and Requesters
Thank you Pellex for the guide
Go Back To Graphic Requests Topic List
Closed New Topic New Poll