d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > FPS & Battle Royale > Halo Series >
Poll > Halo 2 Vs. Halo 3 > Master Chief Collection
Prev123458Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 759.00
Jun 17 2014 05:42pm
ya halo is dad
Gold: 0.20
Jun 17 2014 06:04pm
Quote (ShocKioN @ Jun 17 2014 05:38pm)
this is gonna be overhyped as usual, may be fun for a week. 343 ploy to sell copies and to make the xbone seem more appealing than it is.

mlg gonna stick with cod most likely, 150k concurrent viewers during the xgames

Be fun for a week? uh I still play halo 3 MLG every day lol. So this is going to be awesome for years and years...for me.
And https://twitter.com/MLGSundance/status/476429298899767296
Halo should be added to MLG again :)
Gold: 0.60
Jun 17 2014 06:33pm
Quote (austsmt @ Jun 17 2014 06:04pm)
Be fun for a week? uh I still play halo 3 MLG every day lol. So this is going to be awesome for years and years...for me.
And https://twitter.com/MLGSundance/status/476429298899767296
Halo should be added to MLG again :)

It might get picked up, but not for any length unless the new cod just can't bring in the viewers (which even though it looks really weird/odd for cod, it probably will). It won't draw in the viewers. Perhaps Halo 5 will and if that's the case MLG probably will have a short season of collections if that.

Halo made MLG yeah, sure. But with the flop of the last two Halo games there isn't a competitive viewership in it. It would be an uphill climb for them rather than an easy retention with cod.
Gold: 0.00
Jun 17 2014 10:10pm
CoD had most those extra viewers cause Xgames I'm assuming... the scene has grown but I don't think it's that big.

Akshay, Josh, and I just played XBC on H2, Game was amazing. H3 is still fun. I still also have faith in H5. xD
Jun 17 2014 11:42pm
Quote (Eoj @ Jun 14 2014 11:34am)
Halo 3 will be the community chosen game because it had a larger player base on X360. I will be playing both but I'd wager that more of the community does H3

Lmao! You don't actually believe that, do you? Halo 2 will be the game that is picked up primarily by the community and circuit, UGC has already established a Halo 2 tournament upon release and nearly every professional Halo player from CE-4 has openly stated CE / 2 or Both. Here's a closer to sample size idea of the community taken from the Halo forums as Beyond:
Halo 1 (42 votes [13.12%] - View)
Halo 2 (238 votes [74.38%] - View)
Halo 3 (35 votes [10.94%] - View)
Halo 4 (5 votes [1.56%] - View)

343 Industries are making this games main appeal Halo 2, that's obvious enough, especially bringing on Strongside, Ghostayame, Neigbor, and Derskey as employees. Halo 3 still has the capabilities to be a competitive title and guess what, it's not, so when it gets a FPS and graphic boost it's going to all of a sudden be defining the Halo competitive scene again? Nope. Halo 3's success was Halo 2's hype train. The only players I know who preferred Halo 3 over CE or 2 was not apart of CE / 2's competitive community or was just simply not old enough. But I guess we'll see.

Addendum: Call of Duty's community is completely separate, for the most part, of Halo's competitive community base. When MLG dropped Halo from the circuit the community split, some went to COD, some to BF4, some to LoL, and I play with some on Titanfall now and again but now we are talking about a unified, modified, and improved Halo game, one to bring everyone back and if you don't think that will be successful then you must be delusional. The hype is real kids, I'll see you guys on Nov. 11.

This post was edited by OcTayne on Jun 17 2014 11:47pm
Gold: 2,025.90
Jun 18 2014 06:57am
Quote (OcTayne @ Jun 18 2014 01:42am)
Lmao! You don't actually believe that, do you? Halo 2 will be the game that is picked up primarily by the community and circuit, UGC has already established a Halo 2 tournament upon release and nearly every professional Halo player from CE-4 has openly stated CE / 2 or Both. Here's a closer to sample size idea of the community taken from the Halo forums as Beyond:

343 Industries are making this games main appeal Halo 2, that's obvious enough, especially bringing on Strongside, Ghostayame, Neigbor, and Derskey as employees. Halo 3 still has the capabilities to be a competitive title and guess what, it's not, so when it gets a FPS and graphic boost it's going to all of a sudden be defining the Halo competitive scene again? Nope. Halo 3's success was Halo 2's hype train. The only players I know who preferred Halo 3 over CE or 2 was not apart of CE / 2's competitive community or was just simply not old enough. But I guess we'll see.

Addendum: Call of Duty's community is completely separate, for the most part, of Halo's competitive community base. When MLG dropped Halo from the circuit the community split, some went to COD, some to BF4, some to LoL, and I play with some on Titanfall now and again but now we are talking about a unified, modified, and improved Halo game, one to bring everyone back and if you don't think that will be successful then you must be delusional. The hype is real kids, I'll see you guys on Nov. 11.

halo 3 success wasnt solely based off of h2s hype lol. it was still a good game despite connection issues. pros actually enjoyed playing h3
Gold: 20.00
Jun 18 2014 08:30am
Quote (OcTayne @ Jun 18 2014 01:42am)

I wasn't saying competitively, just for general player base.

I'd be thrilled if the competitive base is H2, and I'm glad you brought in that poll ^_^ I just think that a lot of people who used to play Halo will go for H3 solely because it was the first really wide-reaching Halo with the Xbox 360. Halo 2 has a better fan base, is more competitive, and just all-around better, I just think that more people will be playing H3. Would rather watch MLG tournaments in H2 though

Guess we'll see. I also completely agree that the Halo fanbase will come back for MLG because so much of it split. I could easily see it reform and I am sure that Sundance/MLG is pulling for Halo to be a success because it was one of the games that started it all.
Jun 18 2014 08:44am
Quote (ShocKioN @ Jun 18 2014 07:57am)
halo 3 success wasnt solely based off of h2s hype lol. it was still a good game despite connection issues. pros actually enjoyed playing h3

Halo 3 wasn't bad but much of it's competitive success stemmed from MLG's success with Halo 2. There's several console FPS games that would have been solid circuit successful games if only had the community to support it, Halo 3 wouldn't have came close to the scale it achieved without Halo 2. Halo 3 was much more accessible and the gamut of individual skill was significantly decreased. Many Halo professional players did in fact play Halo 3 and many enjoyed it but if given the option to play either competitively, it would be a landslide vote. Another reason Halo 3 was more statistically popular is because Halo CE / 2 shared a same original generation console that's sold less than 30 million (Last data says 24M) units worldwide, a fraction of the 78 million Xbox 360's sold. Halo 3 will not be the target of major future tournament play, you may see it experimented with, you may see it in All-Star matches/tournaments but Halo 2 will be the Halo in the competitive spotlight until the release of Halo 5: Guardians in 2015.
Gold: 20.00
Jun 18 2014 08:54am
Quote (OcTayne @ Jun 18 2014 10:44am)
Halo 3 wasn't bad but much of it's competitive success stemmed from MLG's success with Halo 2. There's several console FPS games that would have been solid circuit successful games if only had the community to support it, Halo 3 wouldn't have came close to the scale it achieved without Halo 2. Halo 3 was much more accessible and the gamut of individual skill was significantly decreased. Many Halo professional players did in fact play Halo 3 and many enjoyed it but if given the option to play either competitively, it would be a landslide vote. Another reason Halo 3 was more statistically popular is because Halo CE / 2 shared a same original generation console that's sold less than 30 million (Last data says 24M) units worldwide, a fraction of the 78 million Xbox 360's sold. Halo 3 will not be the target of major future tournament play, you may see it experimented with, you may see it in All-Star matches/tournaments but Halo 2 will be the Halo in the competitive spotlight until the release of Halo 5: Guardians in 2015.

I completely agree with this. The biggest reason for Halo 3's success was for two reasons:
1. Halo 2.
2. It was on Xbox 360, when console gaming, especially online, started to really pick up. Fast internet was much more accessible to the common home. It became possible to grow as a platform just because the average house could now support online.

Halo 2 is more competitive though and you will probably see tournaments in Halo 2 but a lot of streamers/pros still doing LANs and whatnot in Halo 3. Will be interesting to see what happens.

I just want them to announce a fucking Halo Edition Xbox One so I can buy the damn system
Jun 18 2014 09:43am
Quote (ShocKioN @ Jun 18 2014 08:57am)

I agree with this, H2 hype had some to do with it, but I mean, Halo 2 was successful somewhat because of H1, so I would say these are bad things to use as points. H3 was a great game with great maps the only downside was connection and I love it still.
Go Back To Halo Series Topic List
Prev123458Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll