d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo > Diablo 3 > D3 Discussion > Ros Demon Hunter Build Compilation > Let's Do This
123140Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jun 9 2014 10:06am
I see a topic for all the other classes, so why can't we have our own?

Could also consolidate all the advice and questions here. Demon Hunter is by far my most played class and I've been enjoying it very much so :wub:

I have three Demon Hunters, and now with overflowing mules I wanna work on some more. But these builds are a little more mainstream. Skill Calculator posted in case I decide to venture into other Elements (which I'm currently doing so).

Normal Bounty Farmer: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/AllSunsDawn-1124/hero/45689337

Skills from my own preference: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#eidSVO!ebSZ!aYaaZY

Most of the gear on her has been siphoned away for my other DH's (notice the pro STR Cindercoat) but the core concepts still remain. Good RCR and Regen with Pride's Fall, Cindercoat, Hexing Pants, and Paragon, with the goal of perma Vault for Normal Bounties. Strafe > CA imo, since you can perma Strafe with the Fire Strafe Rune, and the 360 degree hits will constantly proc your Warzechian Armguards. If you know A1 very well, you can finish the run solo in an average of 4-5 minutes with little problem. All of my RoRG's come from running 10+ at a time on her and opening them on the other characters.

Marauder's Pet/Sentry Build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/AllSunsDawn-1124/hero/47081951

Skills used from my own preference: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#PQdSkl!fYhi!ZYbcca

Strongest build in 2.0.5, you can run Fire or Physical with this build. Lay Sentries, let your pets tank, and watch mobs melt. Fourth skill can also be of your choosing, I've used Marked for Death in that slot as well as Smokescreen from time to time.

Cluster Arrow Build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/AllSunsDawn-1124/hero/49209588

Skills used from my own preference: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#PQdSVl!Xbfi!cbZZZb

More in favor from 2.0.4 and prior, but is still very strong. The build I'm showing is the resource cycling build with Multishot - Suppression Fire Rune, Night Stalker, and Preparation - Punishment Rune. With good RCR you will rarely run out of Hatred except for extended boss fights sometimes. Very high damage output. My build I suppose is a tad unique with the double SOJ and no RoRG, but nevertheless you can make most of the top tier items work together.

I'm currently working on a Poison Build for fun... and then theorycrafting a fun build which may require a little more testing.

What does your Demon Hunter look like? :)

--M
Gold: 119,035.00
Jun 9 2014 10:44am
Send me .52 fg for copying my topic title!

Good topic :)

DHs are cool.
Gold: 14.90
Jun 9 2014 10:48am
very nice gotta check it later in detail!
working on marauders atm, so far i think ill run pretty cooky cutter but it works
cant wait until i can play sentry build, looks rly good!
Gold: 2,400.00
Jun 9 2014 11:07am
Interesting skill setup on the bounty farmer... I use something similar to that gear, obvi dual danettas for vault = infinite vault. love it. I like this topic.
Jun 9 2014 12:49pm
Quote (KimSulki84 @ 9 Jun 2014 12:44)
Send me .52 fg for copying my topic title!

Good topic :)

DHs are cool.

Senpai pls :cry:

Quote (DalaiLama @ 9 Jun 2014 12:48)
very nice gotta check it later in detail!
working on marauders atm, so far i think ill run pretty cooky cutter but it works
cant wait until i can play sentry build, looks rly good!

I was in a funk with my CA build that was stuck in T5 (it kinda still is :P) but I had all the pieces I needed to complete the set. Definitely felt a huge difference playing with a bigger front line and more backup with the Sentries, almost like having two other DH's in the party. Haven't encountered any issues with my setup, I have 2 more immunity amulets to swap to and T6 has been a breeze thus far. Good luck getting those pieces! Took me forever to get my first pair of Marauder Boots.

Quote (ampzz @ 9 Jun 2014 13:07)
Interesting skill setup on the bounty farmer... I use something similar to that gear, obvi dual danettas for vault = infinite vault. love it. I like this topic.

Yup! I thought it would be nice to have a place where we can discuss builds, ideas, and preferences. I have a lot of old gear and am just missing a few pieces here and there, eventually I'd like to have a DH of each element if possible.

Atm am theorycrafting something that's fun with easier access (no Marauder pieces) for people who are in the T3/T4 area, if my guy gets Powerlevel'ed tonight and I can do some crafting mat hunting tonight, we should be good.
Gold: 41,207.10
Jun 9 2014 12:52pm
Quote (Morbid. @ Jun 9 2014 01:49pm)
Senpai pls :cry:

Atm am theorycrafting something that's fun with easier access (no Marauder pieces) for people who are in the T3/T4 area, if my guy gets Powerlevel'ed tonight and I can do some crafting mat hunting tonight, we should be good.

My DH is cursed with the Maras

I think ive gotten like 40 pieces of maras in the past two weeks but havent been able to get a crossbow with a decent damage roll in all that time

p.s.

Even on my sader I get the maras

its making me sad

This post was edited by KennyBrando on Jun 9 2014 12:53pm
Jun 9 2014 12:56pm
Quote (KennyBrando @ 9 Jun 2014 14:52)
My DH is cursed with the Maras

I think ive gotten like 40 pieces of maras in the past two weeks but havent been able to get a crossbow with a decent damage roll in all that time

p.s.

Even on my sader I get the maras

its making me sad

That's a good problem to have ^_^

I found my Kridershot on my Sader after like 400 hours on DH and that was a little weird. If you have the plans for Arcane Barb I would try to craft some of those. Since the Sentry build doesn't proc any secondaries on your weapon, you're just looking for the raw damage. Evil Oliver is also one of the common Purple Spawns in Whimsyshire (of course you would need a Gibbering Gemstone to open the portal, which is a whole different story...)
Gold: 102.00
Jun 9 2014 12:59pm
Do sentries proc rain of vengeance? Just curious since you're using it on both sentry builds?
Gold: 41,207.10
Jun 9 2014 01:03pm
No they dont

good for breaking pots though
Jun 9 2014 01:07pm
Quote (Superban @ 9 Jun 2014 14:59)
Do sentries proc rain of vengeance? Just curious since you're using it on both sentry builds?

They do not unfortunately, since RoV is not a Hatred spender. I use it on my Sentry build because I do have the extra +% Physical Damage and the RoV Rune is guided damage. Could easily be Marked for Death in parties.

The other build uses a different Rune and it's just a 4-piece Marauder build straight up without RoRG, no Sentries. It's just a hard hitting spell that provides some crowd control as well, if you aim it into a mob it will continue to knock them up. That + Spider Companion and the Ess of Johan on my follower makes things fairly safe. I also use it when I am low on resources and need to start the Multishot cycle again.
Go Back To D3 Discussion Topic List
123140Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll