d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Consoles > Xbox > Thoughts About Watch Dogs?
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 20.00
Jun 7 2014 06:34pm
Quote (cSwish @ Jun 7 2014 07:31pm)
you can turn off invasion but you cannot invade others while its off

Yes but if you do it takes all the points youve earned. Im at 21k and that took me like 3 days to get. So i cant.

However ill just disconnect the wifi
Gold: 20.00
Jun 7 2014 06:34pm
Quote (cSwish @ Jun 7 2014 07:31pm)
you can turn off invasion but you cannot invade others while its off

Yes but if you do it takes all the points youve earned. Im at 21k and that took me like 3 days to get. So i cant.

However ill just disconnect the wifi
Gold: 0.00
Jun 8 2014 08:59am
Just wanted to say, I got a bit farther into it and it's not AS bad... but holy hell, this guy might have the award for worst main character of the year. Totally bland....
Gold: 3,124.21
Jun 8 2014 01:26pm
Game is awesome. People hate it because they compare it to gta... Its two different game, its not supposed to be similar. Its supposed to be like assassins creed but in modern day.

So yes, if you compare the with gta, its unrealistic. But the gameplay is still very fun and the campaign is badass. The cutscene is just like a movie. Watch dogs isnt supposed to be a game where you just mess around in the free open world.

The 1v1 hacking/taling is fun, but its annoying when someone comes in your game and start hacking you... Everytime im trying to reach my campaign mission point, i need to deal with 2 hackers first... There should be a kind of countdown where you cant be hacked if someone hacked you in the past 10 minutes.

So yeah... Its like comparing assassins creed with gta 5. You cant realy compare it, one is for messing around and the other is mainly for missions.

Also there is not enough ctOs to get. I love goong stealthy killing everyone, just like in farcry. Ofc there are gang hideout but again, not enough.

And the game is so easy to plat! :D
Gold: 0.37
Jun 8 2014 01:59pm
Quote (FrankPrime @ Jun 8 2014 01:26pm)
Game is awesome.  People hate it because they compare it to gta... Its two different game, its not supposed to be similar.  Its supposed to be like assassins creed but in modern day. 

So yes, if you compare the with gta, its unrealistic.  But the gameplay is still very fun and the campaign is badass.  The cutscene is just like a movie.  Watch dogs isnt supposed to be a game where you just mess around in the free open world.

The 1v1 hacking/taling is fun, but its annoying when someone comes in your game and start hacking you... Everytime im trying to reach my campaign mission point, i need to deal with 2 hackers first...  There should be a kind of countdown where you cant be hacked if someone hacked you in the past 10 minutes. 

So yeah...  Its like comparing assassins creed with gta 5.  You cant realy compare it,  one is for messing around and the other is mainly for missions.

Also there is not enough ctOs to get.  I love goong stealthy killing everyone, just like in farcry.  Ofc there are gang hideout  but again, not enough.

And the game is so easy to plat!  :D

After playing GTA it is impossible not to compare the two. You can say they're not similar, but in the end they are. Any open world game should promote going off and fucking around, which is not fun at all in this game. Even after I finished GTA I was playing daily for about 2 months simply because of great side missions and customization. The game is not bad by any means, but I was expecting a world that I would be more immersed in rather than trying to avoid fun open world screwing off just to play a stale story line.

This post was edited by bradp89 on Jun 8 2014 01:59pm
Gold: 3,124.21
Jun 8 2014 05:01pm
Quote (bradp89 @ Jun 8 2014 02:59pm)
After playing GTA it is impossible not to compare the two. You can say they're not similar, but in the end they are. Any open world game should promote going off and fucking around, which is not fun at all in this game. Even after I finished GTA I was playing daily for about 2 months simply because of great side missions and customization. The game is not bad by any means, but I was expecting a world that I would be more immersed in rather than trying to avoid fun open world screwing off just to play a stale story line.

You cant compare gta 5 with anything right now. Its the first HUGE and realistic open world/free world game. You cant even compare gta 5 with any previous gta.

They went too big on this game so now every other games looks bad.

This post was edited by FrankPrime on Jun 8 2014 05:02pm
Gold: 0.00
Jun 9 2014 05:14am
Quote (FrankPrime @ Jun 8 2014 06:01pm)
You cant compare gta 5 with anything right now.  Its the first HUGE and realistic open world/free world game.  You cant even compare gta 5 with any previous gta.

Um, what?
I'm sure all of us spent several hours on every GTA just unleashing some pain on unsuspecting civilians.
Which is what I did in GTA 5, I didn't like the online.
GTA 5 was a bigger world in comparison, but not much is different.

Watch dogs is similar, but with sloppy controls, stale main character, and a boring story line. I mean this is my opinion.... But I'm not sure why you are going as far as you're going lol... saying it's not like GTA at all but more like Assassins creed... no...

I'm not gonna lie, after getting past the part where I really disliked it for a while, it started to get better and I kinda liked it. Now I am forcing myself to play through it again. It gets stale fast.

This post was edited by Denied on Jun 9 2014 05:16am
Gold: 11,470.01
Jun 9 2014 08:04am
if i could walk down the street and just punch random people in this game i would of liked it way better. sucks i cant just brawl out with and old lady down the block.
Gold: 75.00
Jun 9 2014 08:45am
Hyped/Sucks
Gold: 3.60
Jun 9 2014 09:53am
Quote (FrankPrime @ Jun 8 2014 11:01pm)
You cant compare gta 5 with anything right now.  Its the first HUGE and realistic open world/free world game.  You cant even compare gta 5 with any previous gta.

both are sandbox games that involve the mordern world
the ONLY real difference is that you're able to hack certain things
So no its not far fetched to compare the two
Yes you can fuck around in Watch Dogs cause its a sandbox. Why cant you mess around? Explain
How is it like comparing assassins creed to gta. Assassins creed was in the old days and both gta/watch dogs are modern day.

This post was edited by itzpookiie on Jun 9 2014 09:56am
Go Back To Xbox Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll