d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Books & Literature > Lookiny For A New Book > Like Eragon
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3,804.50
May 24 2014 01:49pm
Quote (furbyjs @ May 4 2014 07:36pm)
I've not really read many books with female main characters =/

/e
Hunger Games might be female narrated, if you haven't already read them.
I've heard some pretty good things about the Graceling series.
In high school, a lot of people were talking about the City of Bones series.

Maybe check out this list for some other possibilities?
https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/1023.Best_Strong_Female_Fantasy_Novels

Quote (Erratic @ May 24 2014 08:10am)
The hunger games audio books do have a female narrator, however a lot off ppl think she didn't fit the part well. I felt the same at first but she sort of grew on me by the end. The divergent series also has a female narrator, and so does the twilight and immortal instruments series.

already read hunger games, divergent, and twilight. can't find immortal instruments, did you mean mortal instruments by cassandra clare? i just queued that up! i assume that's what City of Bones you were referring to.

i just finished Immortal Rules book 1. book 2 has a cliffhanger and book 3 isn't out yet, so i'm gonna hold off on book 2. the narrator Therese Plumber was amazing compared to the divergent narrator. i just bought 12 books the other day using audible's buy2get1free sale, so i've got enough on my plate at the moment.

and thanks for the link! will queue up anything interesting.

This post was edited by carteblanche on May 24 2014 01:57pm
Gold: 4,205.50
May 26 2014 06:46pm
Not exactly elves/drawrves etc but try Malazan Book of the Fallen by Steven Erikson.

Extremely intricate magic system, Lore easily matched (In volume, and in my opinion, quality) by LotR (Or I guess it matches LotR)

Just be prepared for lots of characters and lots of deaths.

I think this series theme overall could be considered tragic. Definitely an amazing piece of epic fantasy.
Gold: 13,063.65
May 28 2014 06:31pm
Well its literary junk food, but there's always dungeon and dragons novels
Gold: 337.00
Jun 2 2014 05:40am
Whill of Agora. Recently picked this one up. Got everythign you want

"elfs, dwarf, magic, dragon, othet fantatic themes. thanks" Got them all + some more I'd say ;> Pretty good so far soon done with the first book.

Malazan book of the Fallen by Steven Erikson - Vouching Twist - It's really good but a bit more 'mature' compared to Eragon.

Riftwar Trilogy by Raymond E.Feist - Super good my first series I read and got all the elements you seek.

Deed of Paksenarrion by Elizabeth Moon - Got most of the things you seek baring perhaps dragons.

Godling Chronicles by Brian Anderson - I've read first book only and so far no dragons or dwarves sadly, but got the rest ;>
Gold: 134.21
Trader: Trusted
Jun 15 2014 09:41pm
The Vlad Taltos series written by Steven Brust is a series i would suggest.
Go Back To Books & Literature Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll