d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Anime > Sidonia No Kishi
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 5,000.00
Apr 11 2014 05:50pm

It's been a thousand years since the Gauna, a strange alien race with no known method of communication, destroyed the solar system. A portion of humanity managed to escape using enormous "seed ships" like the Sidonia, which have allowed them to maintain the population while drifting through space. Nagate Tanikaze is a young man who has been raised deep in the bowels of the ship. When he goes into training to pilot the huge robotic weapons known as Gardes, Nagate is entrusted with piloting the legendary unit known as Tsugumori. Nagate and his fellow pilots put their lives on the line against the Gauna, in the ultimate battle for the survival of humanity!

LINK: http://myanimelist.net/anime/19775/Sidonia_no_Kishi

MANGA LINK: http://myanimelist.net/manga/13723/Sidonia_no_Kishi
Apr 11 2014 05:56pm
First episode a lot better than I thought it would be.
I liked the character designs but when there was movement or facial expression it became all weird.
The overall scenery/background/envir​onment/etc was really nice though.
Using CG for this manga adaption wasn't a bad idea but does still feel a bit lack luster.
Just really happy to see a manga by Nehei's get adapted.
So far the show seems loyal but then again there has only been one episode.

This post was edited by D3ad_Fantasy on Apr 11 2014 05:57pm
Gold: 36,570.00
Apr 12 2014 02:11am
The graphic and overall animation is pretty bad for todays' standard.
But the atmosphere is amazing (kinda remind me of Fallout for some reason) so I will keep watching.
Gold: 678.00
Apr 12 2014 11:51pm
Quote (D3ad_Fantasy @ 12 Apr 2014 00:56)
Just really happy to see a manga by Nehei's get adapted..

Just found out about this...

Why not Blame! or Abara getting animu adaptation? :(
Apr 13 2014 01:32am
Quote (hATemOnkEy @ Apr 13 2014 12:51am)
Just found out about this...

Why not Blame! or Abara getting animu adaptation? :(

I know how you feel :(
Would have been immensely happy to have Blame! or Biomega get an adaption but we will just have to make due with Sidonia.
I feel Sidonia was picked for adaption due to having a bit more substance and just looking more aesthetically pleasing versus his other works. More viewer friendly imo, especially to those not used this medium of storytelling/entertainment/etc.
It is also revolved around mechs which helps give some sort of familiarity to viewers.

At this point, it looks more like a gateway show that HOPEFULLY allows other similar works to be adapted in the future.
Nothing would bring me more pleasure than seeing Jiro Matsumoto's Freesia, Maoki Yamamoto's Believers, Zakuto Okada's Sundome get adapted. Hell even manga by Inio Asano seems far fetched at this point but who knows (Oyasumi Punpun seems to get really favorable reviews among manga readers).

Back on topic though, it is definitely worth watching still if you enjoy Nihei's environmental art. Just pray for a bigger budget if it gets another season.
It looks to be Polygon Pictures first MAJOR project in making a cgi series so just need to hope they get better or someone else picks it up.
God knows how happy I would be if the people from Tohei animations that worked on the Captain Harlock movie got a shot at Sidonia no Kishi or anything my Nihei for that matter.

This post was edited by D3ad_Fantasy on Apr 13 2014 01:48am
Gold: 678.00
Apr 13 2014 02:37am
Quote (D3ad_Fantasy @ 13 Apr 2014 08:32)
I know how you feel :(
Would have been immensely happy to have Blame! or Biomega get an adaption but we will just have to make due with Sidonia.
I feel Sidonia was picked for adaption due to having a bit more substance and just looking more aesthetically pleasing versus his other works. More viewer friendly imo, especially to those not used this medium of storytelling/entertainment/etc.
It is also revolved around mechs which helps give some sort of familiarity to viewers.

At this point, it looks more like a gateway show that HOPEFULLY allows other similar works to be adapted in the future.
Nothing would bring me more pleasure than seeing Jiro Matsumoto's Freesia, Maoki Yamamoto's Believers, Zakuto Okada's Sundome get adapted. Hell even manga by Inio Asano seems far fetched at this point but who knows (Oyasumi Punpun seems to get really favorable reviews among manga readers).

Back on topic though, it is definitely worth watching still if you enjoy Nihei's environmental art. Just pray for a bigger budget if it gets another season.
It looks to be Polygon Pictures first MAJOR project in making a cgi series so just need to hope they get better or someone else picks it up.
God knows how happy I would be if the people from Tohei animations that worked on the Captain Harlock movie got a shot at Sidonia no Kishi or anything my Nihei for that matter.

I don't read that much manga, tbh. Blame! was one of the first manga I actually bought. Fell in love with Nihei's style immediately. Abara blew me away. Biomega was good, although less impressive, imo.

I feel like the team that did Karas would be a good bet to animate any of those.

Will check out Sidonia no Kishi, but still...

(PS: I really really would like somebody making an anime from The Monkey King and Vagabond).
Apr 18 2014 05:31pm
the cgi animation is taking time to get used to but still getting more and more excited!

some really beautiful stuff going on here!

This post was edited by D3ad_Fantasy on Apr 18 2014 05:33pm
Gold: 45.00
Apr 18 2014 07:08pm
Ugh, the CGI animation is so -.-

I guess I had enough of it when I watched Kingdom season 1.
Gold: 20.00
Apr 18 2014 07:34pm
Quote (hATemOnkEy @ Apr 13 2014 03:37am)
I don't read that much manga, tbh. Blame! was one of the first manga I actually bought. Fell in love with Nihei's style immediately. Abara blew me away. Biomega was good, although less impressive, imo.

I feel like the team that did Karas would be a good bet to animate any of those.

Will check out Sidonia no Kishi, but still...

(PS: I really really would like somebody making an anime from The Monkey King and Vagabond).

oh wow we agree on something (blame being awesome)

I use a still from the manga as my FB background. The fight between the head of the mercs following the MC VS the dude who had the robot angel watching him.
Gold: 201.00
May 2 2014 10:39am
Goddamn this show is just too good. Oh mannnn
Go Back To Anime Topic List
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll