d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Yay! Question Time! > Help A Brotha Out
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 11,950.57
Apr 11 2014 05:16pm
Alright so im back after 3 years and I either forgot it all or things have changed alot so just a few questions if anyone would be willing to help me out :)

1. I notice that at low lvls with my clubs I don't crit very often does this occur because of a lack of dex or is it because my ratio isn't yet close enough to 90/10?

2. when done exploring a maze will no more monsters appear over already explored spots? Also at the end of the maze their are maps I heard there are different teirs for them though I have yet to see them is there a post on how they work that I can be linked too?

3. Does doing solo cata make your prof go up faster or since it is in cata it goes at the same speed as always? ( or does it just appear to go up faster because I am the one doing all the work in solo)

Im sure I had more questions I just forgot them for now :P ( sorry if some of these are dumb questions I am a pretty dumb guy :( )

/edit

- The "new player" detection has been adjusted so that if you have 0 MQ attempts for the season, only 2 regular mobs will spawn solo max, and only 1 EP (this nullifies and replaces the < 500 kills of the previous patch

lol that makes alot of sense I was wondering why the cata's only had 2 mobs at max during my first run and now has 3 :D

This post was edited by Ensane on Apr 11 2014 05:21pm
Gold: 37.00
Apr 11 2014 05:29pm
1. Clubs are Str based, not dex.
2. Monsters will appear over already explored areas. (Unless you used a "map") Couldn't find any threads on maps but there are a couple out there if you look back a couple pages.
3. Profs go up the same speed. Solo you tend to get more hits than a group so it seems to go up faster.
Gold: 130,247.63
Trader: Trusted
Apr 11 2014 05:29pm
1. it is the weapon type itself. clubs and daggers crit the least. but get the most support by their stats.. so do all str and your weapon will show more dmg than axes (with same ee/amount of stats) --> axes crit more often to compensate this (btw DONT do dex on clubs. it wont help you to crit anymore)
2. you will get monsters on allrdy explored fields. this doesnt apply for maps. there you only get monsters in unexplored areas. you get maps after every full explored NON MAP maze. at the end of each MAP, you will get a treasure chest. the lvl of spawning monsters in maps is capped by the tier of the map. (works like tier of the map +2) multiplied by 5. (can be higher with a special map mod though.. read the newest updates)
3. well i feel you get more profs if you are soloing.. mainly because you do more work ofc.. but i still feel that i get more profs from a solo climb than from 2 normal climbs which is around the same time frame for me.

these questions are ok.. beleave me when i say: i have heared a lot more dumb questions than these :P

This post was edited by ahs_darkhunter on Apr 11 2014 05:30pm
Gold: 8,412.08
Apr 11 2014 05:30pm
hey there :)

1. http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=70524835&f=74

2. well actually there still appear mobs :) -- but not when you activated a map.

- Map system (finally) added, opening more doors for more goodies!
* Map items will now be given as rewards for exploring the entire maze. Level and quality depends upon what level you explore the maze at.
* Maps will spawn with various bonus mods, and link to specific zones. Within those zones are specific monsters, native to that area.
* When exploring a map, gameplay is slightly different. There are no random encounters for turning or moving on explored spaces, traps or wells. At the end of each map is an "uber chest".
* Monsters will continue to level with you, up until a cap based upon the tier of map you are using.
* Some of the map mods include: +Evil Presences, +Experience Gain, +Item Drops, +Item Quality, and more!
* Please note that in order to use a map, you must be the leader and your entire group must be in town.

just look at the most recent updates. self speaking ^^

3. im not sure, but yeah: "or does it just appear to go up faster because I am the one doing all the work in solo"
i guess you do more hits per exp therefore more prof :)
Gold: 7,863.56
Apr 11 2014 05:32pm
1 - Forget about trying to maintain the 90/10 str/dex club ratio. Every time you upgrade your armor or charm you will be altering the str/dex setup, and it will drive you nuts trying to maintain it. There is also the unexpected event of someone placing a str glyph on you while playing in a group, so there goes all your careful planning down the poo-poo tube. Just go 100% str and forget about the ratio. Works for me :)

2 - A regular maze will produce mobs in explored areas. A maze that has been generated with a map will not produce mobs in cleared areas.

3 - I find that prof gain is faster in solo :)
Apr 11 2014 05:32pm
Alright thank you guys! I did use a map and that must have been why I didnt get any for unexplored areas ( pretty awesome map too gave 2% exp per monster :D)

and yea I was using axes last climb want to change to clubs though but noticed alot of critting with axes

thanks again!
Apr 14 2014 10:06am
New question :D

does the well max out per what your lvl is or what the item is?

so example if im lvl 20 and I only throw in teir 1 items does that mean the side drops can only be teir 1 or does it take my lvl into account?

Quote (ahs_darkhunter @ Apr 14 2014 10:10am)
this changed from the past.
now it is just about the item level. so dont throw much higher items inside than your own lvl. (at least not if you are on a very low lvl yourself)
it is a waste to well tier1 items at lvl 20 since just tier1 and i think possibly tier2 items drop. your lvl doesnt matter

lol thanks this is nice to know I don't want to say I wasted alittle bit of time welling teir 1-2's but I might have :D

This post was edited by Ensane on Apr 14 2014 10:14am
Gold: 130,247.63
Apr 14 2014 10:10am
Quote (Ensane @ 14 Apr 2014 17:06)
New question :D

does the well max out per what your lvl is or what the item is?

so example if im lvl 20 and I only throw in teir 1 items does that mean the side drops can only be teir 1 or does it take my lvl into account?

now it is just about the item level. so dont throw much higher items inside than your own lvl. (at least not if you are on a very low lvl yourself)
it is a waste to well tier1 items at lvl 20 since just tier1 and i think possibly tier2 items drop. your lvl doesnt matter
Gold: 8,412.08
Apr 14 2014 11:04am
Quote (ahs_darkhunter @ 14 Apr 2014 18:10)

I want to add something to that.
the chance of getting sidedrops (and higher magical lvl -> at least in my experience) is higher when the item and your lvl is equal. for example:

throw in a tier 3 item at lvl ~15, you'll propably get many sidedrops - and way less when at lvl ~50 :)
Members++
Gold: 495,158.21
Apr 14 2014 12:09pm
Quote (redl14 @ 14 Apr 2014 19:04)
I want to add something to that.
the chance of getting sidedrops (and higher magical lvl -> at least in my experience) is higher when the item and your lvl is equal. for example:

throw in a tier 3 item at lvl ~15, you'll propably get many sidedrops - and way less when at lvl ~50 :)

Nah, once u pass that certain level u will see huge difference in sidedrops

The best way to well is to well items below the item level to get as many drops as posible.

example you got a lvl 25 item to well, find a well during the way up to 24 and well before u hit lvl 25.
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll