d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Is There A Way To "mf" Ladderslasher?
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 7,981.10
Apr 9 2014 02:25pm
would it be effective if I got to 55or w/e and didn't do mq just cruised around killing shit?

i would get high str/luck armor/charm and use my longsword
Gold: 0.00
Apr 9 2014 02:27pm
monsters still get harder@55 plus and your gear cant get any higher level than 55

not to mention that you cant mq until 71

best way to find gear is to get in full climbs
seems most good gear falls in full climbs

i have found some nice gear out of wells as well.
so try to get some wellables
Gold: 7,981.10
Apr 9 2014 02:29pm
Quote (TravisWSN @ Apr 9 2014 04:27pm)
monsters still get harder@55 plus and your gear cant get any higher level than 55

not to mention that you cant mq until 71

best way to find gear is to get in full climbs
seems most good gear falls in full climbs

i have found some nice gear out of wells as well.
so try to get some wellables

i cant find groups so i solo 90% of the time
i carry 5 tier Vi plates with me hoping i will find a well
and get to use em
Gold: 20,492.75
Apr 9 2014 02:32pm
+ Magic Luck Increases the chances for higher stats on an item drop.

Rare focused heal XIV
Level Req: 55
Heals: 70 to 84
Mana Cost: 109

+25 Strength
+14 Magic Luck

No body has any idea if that stat actual works or not. You will hear mixed emotions on it. Most of the good items I've seen/heard drop have been from people with no + magic luck on their gear. High magic luck gear with useful adds like that item shown above is very rare and is worth many of thousands of forum gold. +14 Magic luck is the max amount of magic luck that can spawn on an item, and there is only a hand full of items with a simple stat of +14 magic.
Gold: 135,832.58
Trader: Trusted
Apr 9 2014 02:32pm
i mostly do the mater quest at lvl 71.. sometimes i just go on playing until lvl 75.. but i didnt really find a lot useful things that way.. i am still killing very quick until lvl 75.. from lvl 75 to lvl 85 it gets harder.. and at lvl 85+ soloing it is getting pretty hairy ^^ not talking about lvl 95+ ;)
if you like playing such high lvls and you get to lvl 101 you get an additional guild point.

but to do magic find.. i would just do normal climbs to lvl 71 and pick up all lvl 15+ or 20+ wellables and do them either solo or when you got the chance to do it..
about magic luck gear: nobody really knows how helpful it is to use magic luck.. i welled with 42 magic luck (including glyphs) for a while.. but it didnt really give me a lot of finds.. maybe i will give it another try in the future.
Gold: 3,327.41
Apr 9 2014 02:57pm
My last climb I used a +9 MF charm instead of my strength charm from 55-71.
Only thing I noticed was normally where I would get a magical tier 1 I got rare+ tier 1.

Still testing a bit. I use magic luck gear on all wellables I do. I get more stat'd secondary drops when using it but it could all be coincidence. For how long this game has existed, it is still very much a mystery.

Best way to magic find now is probably joining a guild and getting a full group going.

More EPs, better chance of killing shamans can only lead to better finds.
Gold: 107.42
Apr 9 2014 03:11pm
explore maps with +eps and + treasure chests (chests are kinda bad atm) wearing magic luck gear and well as many items you can
if you use glyphs when doing runs you might not get a profit :P
Gold: 6.60
Apr 9 2014 07:45pm
Quote (iToons @ Apr 9 2014 03:32pm)
+ Magic Luck Increases the chances for higher stats on an item drop.

Rare focused heal XIV
Level Req: 55
Heals: 70 to 84
Mana Cost: 109

+25 Strength
+14 Magic Luck

No body has any idea if that stat actual works or not. You will hear mixed emotions on it. Most of the good items I've seen/heard drop have been from people with no + magic luck on their gear. High magic luck gear with useful adds like that item shown above is very rare and is worth many of thousands of forum gold. +14 Magic luck is the max amount of magic luck that can spawn on an item, and there is only a hand full of items with a simple stat of +14 magic.

Yes it actually works..Ive done over 5000 wells with 20+ ML and without ML DEFINITELY drops more items with better stats..
Gold: 1,470.74
Apr 9 2014 10:15pm
People say no one knows but he's posted info on it a few times. Without getting to confusing on stats and numbers, this post best sums it up.

Magic Luck item mod:
- When a magic level is determined, if you have magic find, it will roll against this percent for a chance to add +1 magical level to the item.
- When an item is rolled for magical stats, it determines the magical level for each stat. This will give you a chance to increase the magical level up to the spawn level of the item.

It is basically like d2 in the way it calculates but how it translates to drops in ls versus d2 is nothing alike. A good line of thought to have is find avg items with ee and the strength or dex you need to add to it's damage and if those items have some magic find on them then it's even better. If not then it's not anything drastic to your chances of finding a nice drop but remember either way the chance of finding a really great drop is very very slim.
Gold: 8,672.68
Apr 9 2014 10:26pm
Did not read everything.

If you are level 55, you will mostly find level 45-50 gear [dependent on EP level]

So level 62-65+ = level 55 drop gear... which is more important.

Full games are better for % chance of getting decent gear, because there is an increase of items dropped by monsters by number of people in group
as well as more monsters are spawning... simple maths. = more monters = more chance.

Solo'ing gives you 100% chance to get that item... I prefer solo play, solely because of that reason.

It is upto you at the end of the day... if you have the gear to kill things after level 71 to 101, you get rewarded with an extra GP (go the GP... note the sarcasm)

Wish you luck in your endeavour.
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll