d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > The True Face Of Capitalism
Prev1234510Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 9,039.20
Apr 3 2014 06:08am
Quote (balrog66 @ Apr 3 2014 05:15am)
Where are the cries for capital punishment? That's what we usually see here for degenerates like this one.

Hah, capital punishment is for capitalists.

Quote (Vivienne @ Apr 3 2014 04:56am)
The bigger picture is that money defeats morality in the minds of most people which is a product of rampant capitalism.

No, money is power though, but that is another topic. All of the non-sense, gray areas, and miscellaneous loopholes within our law code(s) are easily exploited when the best lawyers in the business are put to use. You are blaming money for the flaws within our law codes, which are written, maintained, interpreted, and arbitrated by humans. A standard liberal response, attacking the symptoms and ignoring the real problem(s).

Gold: 285.00
Apr 3 2014 06:08am
Quote (Vivienne @ Apr 3 2014 07:00am)
I'm not an expert on the American legal system, could you possibly explain to me how they grade rape in America? I was under the impression it was only rape, statutory rape and aggravated rape.

Different by state. Here is definition of third degree rape in KY: http://www.lrc.ky.gov/Statutes/statute.aspx?id=40869
Here is Fourth degree in Delaware: http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/decode/11/5/II/770

Our definitions of rape are quite provincial. First degree is old fashioned rape, and when you start getting away from that it is because the victim cannot consent because of mental barriers or age.
Gold: 0.00
Apr 3 2014 06:12am
Quote (Skinned @ 3 Apr 2014 12:08)
Different by state.  Here is definition of third degree rape in KY:  http://www.lrc.ky.gov/Statutes/statute.aspx?id=40869
Here is Fourth degree in Delaware:  http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/decode/11/5/II/770

Our definitions of rape are quite provincial.  First degree is old fashioned rape, and when you start getting away from that it is because the victim cannot consent because of mental barriers or age.

He raped a 3 y/o... That's gotta be at least on the same level as aggravated rape of an adult. Any other conclusion is fucked up. Not to mention he has multiple offenses... If he is found guilty of the sexual abuse of his son also he needs to be put away for a looong time. Not that he shouldn't be simply for the rape of a 3 y/o anyway.

Quote (killgoreisleet @ 3 Apr 2014 12:08)
Hah, capital punishment is for capitalists.

No, money is power though, but that is another topic. All of the non-sense, gray areas, and miscellaneous loopholes within our law code(s) are easily exploited when the best lawyers in the business are put to use. You are blaming money for the flaws within our law codes, which are written, maintained, interpreted, and arbitrated by humans. A standard liberal response, attacking the symptoms and ignoring the real problem(s).

Access to money subverting the right to equal representation. And the judge chose to let him go. No legal loophole was exploited here. She judged the seriousness of his offense to be outweighed by the cruelty of imprisonment. Would she do the same for a poor guy? Doubt it. And if she did? she should be fired. Letting child rapists walk free... not the vision of the founding fathers I'm sure.

This post was edited by Vivienne on Apr 3 2014 06:17am
Gold: 1.50
Apr 3 2014 06:17am
He must of had a Catholic Church lawyer, they get off scot-free on raping kids all the time.
Gold: 285.00
Apr 3 2014 06:20am
Quote (Vivienne @ Apr 3 2014 07:12am)
He raped a 3 y/o... That's gotta be at least on the same level as aggravated rape of an adult. Any other conclusion is  fucked up. Not to mention  he has multiple offenses... If he is found guilty of the sexual abuse  of his son also he needs to be put away for a looong time. Not that he shouldn't be simply for the rape of  a 3 y/o anyway.

The crime he was convicted of has a penalty of around fifteen years, which ranks up there with the most heinous crimes. This comes down to one individual corrupt judge. In reality, anybody convicted of this crime should ideally receive treatment for their problem rather than just be locked in a cage without treatment, it would be better for recidivism and everybody involved. That doesn't appeal to the sense of vengeance our justice system offers for victims though. It sucks you have to be a DuPont to be treated like a human being by a judge.

A criminal justice response to crimes like this are specialized courts which are quite different than Law & Order courts.
Gold: 655.00
Apr 3 2014 06:21am
Quote (Vivienne @ Apr 3 2014 08:00am)
I'm not an expert on the American legal system, could you possibly explain to me how they grade rape in America? I was under the impression it was only rape, statutory rape and aggravated rape.

e/ my bad - Just reread the article and it says he plead guilty to 4th degree rape which usually carries a 15  year sentence. Also with a little research it seems different states have different  laws although according to Iowa at least he  is guilty of 2nd degree sexual assault (sexual assault of a person under the age of 12) which carries a minimum 25 yr sentence.

yeah, its differnt per state, the harsher degrees usually include penetration and violence, the lower ones dont.
Gold: 9,039.20
Apr 3 2014 06:31am
Quote (Vivienne @ Apr 3 2014 06:12am)
Access to money subverting the right  to equal representation. And the judge chose to let him go. No legal loophole was exploited here.  She judged the seriousness of his offense to be outweighed by the  cruelty of imprisonment. Would she do the  same for a poor guy? Doubt it. And if she did? she should be fired. Letting child rapists walk free... not the vision of the founding fathers I'm sure.

You have misguided anger towards some invisible economic boogie man, the Judge is at fault for the sentence, don't blame money and power for doing what they do best. Attack the problem, not distractions based off speculative false-cause, money will continue doing what it does best. Retarded judges who make corrupt, bias, and unrealistic decisions need to be thrown out, fined, investigated, and expunged.

I could just as easily speculate the reasons for him getting off so light, these could be based off a logically sound assumptions, but they would still be nothing more than guesswork and would get neither of us any closer to solving the real problems within law.

It is obvious that women are the real problem here, they are irrational creatures who live in a fantasy and let rapists off the hook. Smash the matriarchy!

You see how that works? It doesn't, now keep all the stupid buzzwords to a minimum and ask a mod to close this stupid ass thread.

Apr 3 2014 07:09am
Quote (killgoreisleet @ Apr 3 2014 08:31am)
You have misguided anger towards some invisible economic boogie man, the Judge is at fault for the sentence, don't blame money and power for doing what they do best. Attack the problem, not distractions based off speculative false-cause, money will continue doing what it does best. Retarded judges who make corrupt, bias, and unrealistic decisions need to be thrown out, fined, investigated, and expunged.

I could just as easily speculate the reasons for him getting off so light, these could be based off a logically sound assumptions, but they would still be nothing more than guesswork and would get neither of us any closer to solving the real problems within law.

It is obvious that women are the real problem here, they are irrational creatures who live in a fantasy and let rapists off the hook. Smash the matriarchy!

You see how that works? It doesn't, now keep all the stupid buzzwords to a minimum and ask a mod to close this stupid ass thread.

wealth inequality and capitalisim becomes a problem when the capitalists dont take the effort to constantly give back to society in a variety of ways.

id like to see an extra tax placed on the rich and buisnesses, id like to see these taxes go to a fund headed by a group of publicly elected individuals who in order to be elected must be in the braket that pays this tax. this group of individuals would make 100% transparent decisions on what to do with the funds, abiding to a seperation of church and state, how the funds are used do not have to agreed upon by any other government entity. sure there are alot of finite details, like who gets paid, where the funds for that come from, and how the elections run along with how recall elections work.

Still all in all i dont think the idea of the rich and high revenue buisnesses paying an extra tax which goes to a fund headed by elected rich individuals that pay this tax where they can use this fund to invest in 100% transparent acts of giving back to the nation is all in all a bad idea.

mainly though because i came up with it.
Gold: 633.87
Apr 3 2014 08:42am
Quote (Ylem122 @ Apr 3 2014 08:09am)
wealth inequality and capitalisim becomes a problem when the capitalists dont take the effort to constantly give back to society in a variety of ways.

id like to see an extra tax placed on the rich and buisnesses, id like to see these taxes go to a fund headed by a group of publicly elected individuals who in order to be elected must be in the braket that pays this tax. this group of individuals would make 100% transparent decisions on what to do with the funds, abiding to a seperation of church and state, how the funds are used do not have to agreed upon by any other government entity.  sure there are alot of finite details, like who gets paid, where the funds for that come from, and how the elections run along with how recall elections work.

Still all in all i dont think the idea of the rich and high revenue buisnesses paying an extra tax which goes to a fund headed by elected rich individuals that pay this tax where they can use this fund to invest in 100% transparent acts of giving back to the nation is all in all a bad idea.

mainly though because i came up with it.

The wealthy pay the vast majority of taxes and gift heavily to charity in part because of structural pressures (e.g. Estate tax law) enforced by government.

Bashing the wealthy is the mark of Venezuela and Argentina, both bordering on fiscal ruin and economic collapse.
Apr 3 2014 10:11am
Quote (bogie160 @ Apr 3 2014 10:42am)
The wealthy pay the vast majority of taxes and gift heavily to charity in part because of structural pressures (e.g. Estate tax law) enforced by government.

Bashing the wealthy is the mark of Venezuela and Argentina, both bordering on fiscal ruin and economic collapse.

pales to what Carnegie and Rockefeller did.

you can give money to a charity or you could build hundreds of schools, musesms, planateriums, and librarys...

This post was edited by Ylem122 on Apr 3 2014 10:14am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1234510Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll