d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Asking Kindly, Is Mormonism Considered Christian?
Prev1678
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Retired Moderator
Gold: 848.00
Trader: Trusted
Apr 4 2014 06:08pm
Quote (IceMage @ 3 Apr 2014 22:04)
Christianity, ofc.

Is the Bible written by men who were inspired by the Holy Spirit?  Did those men attest that Jesus rose from the dead?  Do you think the Bible is the truth, or only certain parts of the Bible contain the truth?

If only certain parts contain the truth, doesn't that make the whole thing rubbish?

Is the Bible written by men who were inspired by the Holy Spirit?
the most rational answer is inspired by spiritual mentors.

Did those men attest that Jesus rose from the dead?
transgression of natural laws.

Do you think the Bible is the truth, or only certain parts of the Bible contain the truth?
use common sense and test of reason at all.

Gold: Locked
Apr 4 2014 09:50pm
Quote (Morphmcmanerson @ Apr 4 2014 05:57am)
Paul's mystery... ominous remarks about God "not being done" with Isreal.

Never figured you for one of those conspiracy kooks.  :rofl:

Shush, adults are attempting to have a conversation.

Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ Apr 4 2014 04:13am)
...hopefully I can point you in the right direction...first study what is called Paul's mystery and secondly know that God is not done with Israel .

Do the Jews believe that when the messiah arrives that God is done with Israel?

Reading up on these mysteries now, but just wanted to get this question out while it was fresh in my mind. I don't know nearly as much about the OT (and by extension, Judaism) as I do about the NT, especially with regards to the prophecies.
Gold: 0.00
Apr 4 2014 10:48pm
Quote (BardOfXiix @ Apr 4 2014 11:50pm)
Shush, adults are attempting to have a conversation.

Reading up on these mysteries now, but just wanted to get this question out while it was fresh in my mind.  I don't know nearly as much about the OT (and by extension, Judaism) as I do about the NT, especially with regards to the prophecies.

According to my understanding, the Jews expect a flame-sword wielding political ruler as the OT prophecies say. However, the NT has interesting way of connecting the "suffering servant" type of persona to the Jewish messiah, while relating the flame wielding king in the OT to the second coming of Christ, in end times in Revelations.

So, if you are a Jew that denies the first coming, you would believe the second coming. And the second coming is when the world ends, so in a roundabout way, yes. God is done with Israel when that messiah arrives.

This post was edited by CoheedAndCambria on Apr 4 2014 10:48pm
Gold: 7,252.72
Apr 5 2014 08:33am
Quote (BardOfXiix @ Apr 4 2014 11:50pm)

...no . The Messiah is to rule as King over an Israel still subservient to God .

...also , as you are now discovering the mystery of salvation by grace through faith was withheld from the Jews as Paul explains and it was done for a reason .

This post was edited by WidowMaKer_MK on Apr 5 2014 08:36am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1678
Add Reply New Topic New Poll