d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Leonard Peltier > In Total Resistance
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1.00
Mar 30 2014 02:01pm
Leonard Peltier is a Sious-Chippewa man serving two consecutive life sentences in Marion Prison for defending women, children, and elders when two FBI agents, followed by a SWAT team of BIA police, attacked a spiritual Indian encampment on the Pine Ridge Reservation in South Dakota on June 26, 1975. Along with the two agents, one Indian man, Joe Stuntz, was also killed in the attack. There as been no investigation into his death. On that same day, corrupt tribal chairman Dick Wilson illegally signed away 1/8 of the reservation to the U.S. government. This land is rich in uranium deposits.

The FBI issued warrants for four AIM activists on the reservation charged with "aiding and abetting" in the deaths of the agents. Two co-defendants were, in a separate trial, acquitted on the grounds of self-defense and all charges were dropped against Jimmy Eagle. When Leonard was tried, the judge ruled inadmissable 80% of his defense, including all the evidence used to win the acquittals in the earlier trials. Federal authorities have since conspired to murder him in prison. The government had sought out and gained the co-operation of another prisoner. The prisoner's name is Robert Hugh Wilson, aka Standing Deer. Standing Deer's job was to take part in the "neutralization" of Leonard Peltier. Instead of "neutralizing" Leonard, he neutralized the Government's plan by informing Leonard of the plot. With the knowledge of the attempt on his life, Peltier escaped from Lompic Federal Prison with Dallas Thundershield and Bobby Garcia. Dallas was killed in the escaped, Bobby was captured outside of the prison, and Leonard was captured 5 days later.

Standing Deer is presently being held at the federal prison at Terre Haute, Indiana. Leonard was sentenced to seven years, and Bobby was sentenced to five years for the escape. Leonard had been sent back to Marion and was given and indefinite sentence in the infamous control unit. With the effects of a letter campaign, Leonard was released to the general prison population.

I am the Indian Voice
I long to be heard across our land.
I have been a prisoner of war for more than
two hundred years on my very own soil!
I am a captive of hate, greed, lies, prejudice,
indifference, ignorance, injustice,
by men who outnumber me and my people since they have landed on my shores
and have overrun my home land. They have wrought on me their society, their religion, and their laws, all of which have caused the number of my people to become less today than when he first came with his false promises to our shores.

I am the collective Indian Voice
and I cry out from a million graves of unresting
souls and another million cries that ask the
questions: where does my future belong and to whom:
Does it belong to my people?
Is it to prosper on the land that is rightfully mine?
Yes, it does, and it shall, for my voice shall not
be stilled nor my spirit stopped from soaring
to the heights of greatness which my people
have known and shall know again.

I am the Indian Voice -
I shall be heard and my people shall see
the coming of a new day.
The Mother Earth provides and the Great Spirit guide
so that the truth is known from shore to shore
by the voice of a proud Indian Race.
-Leonard Peltier
from Oakalla Prison

to the people
who struggle
for their freedom,
i embrace you

and send you
my love
and strength.
-Leonard Peltier, P.O.W.
marion country federal penitentiary
july 29, 1979
Gold: 1,819.09
Mar 30 2014 02:11pm
American treatment towards natives is a black stain that the government has surprisingly not admitted.
Gold: 9,039.20
Mar 30 2014 02:53pm
Making Indians look bad, it is bad enough these giant adult children can't fend for themselves that they have to live in permanent boy scout camps for the rest of their life.

Don't kill Federal Agents, pretty easy stuff, these alcoholics don't know how good they have it.

Really this fella is better off in prison, in my opinion. with a working liver. Alcoholism is no joke for Indians.

Quote (Caedus @ Mar 30 2014 02:11pm)
American treatment towards natives is a black stain that the government has surprisingly not admitted.

It is mostly exaggerated, some people can't handle a little European sniffles, even worse to whine after you lost. That is just pathetic, but not everyone wins in war, and losers sometimes need to be reminded why they put themselves in that position.

This post was edited by killgoreisleet on Mar 30 2014 02:53pm
Gold: 1,000.00
Mar 30 2014 03:01pm
I`ll summarize.

1. America found.
2. felons from all over europe trying to dodge authorities leave for the "promised land".
3. They kill the natives, burn their houses, rape their women and chase the few remaining ones as far as possible.
4. They enslave the rest and pretty much all our darker fellow judeo-christian human beings. 25% of the pop in 1750 are slaves.
5. Independence war. The impulse to kill is being awaken once again. 9 years of killings.
6. Sum of the elitist jerks up north decide havings slaves is not "right". At that moment they had slaves.
7. They kill each other. for a brief period of 5 years.
8. First world war. They go kill on foreign land. They taste the blood, like it.
9. Second world war. They go for the kill once again. The US citizens of japanese ancestry are shitten upon, thrown up in "detention centers", have their "rights" pissed on. Atrocities in Italy, the 2 atomic bombs to "test stuff" on civilians. Bla bla.
10. Imperialistic policy ever since. In the name of freedom. They must be reffering to the freedom from point 9.
11. As of now...US asks for shitloads of papers, questions and shit in order to allow Visas for "this great country of ours"

C the irony ?
Gold: 1.00
Mar 30 2014 03:04pm
Quote (killgoreisleet @ Mar 30 2014 12:53pm)
Making Indians look bad, it is bad enough these giant adult children can't fend for themselves that they have to live in permanent boy scout camps for the rest of their life.

Don't kill Federal Agents, pretty easy stuff, these alcoholics don't know how good they have it.

Really this fella is better off in prison, in my opinion. with a working liver. Alcoholism is no joke for Indians.

It is mostly exaggerated, some people can't handle a little European sniffles, even worse to whine after you lost. That is just pathetic, but not everyone wins in war, and losers sometimes need to be reminded why they put themselves in that position.

I may - if you wish - lose my livelihood
I may sell my shirt and bed.
I may work as a stonecutter,
A street sweeper, a porter.
I may clean your stores
Or rummage your garbage for food.
I may lie down hungry,
O ENEMY OF THE SUN,
BUT
I shall not compromise
And to the last pulse in my veins
I shall resist.

You may take the last strip of my land,
Feed my youth to prison cells.
You may plunder my heritage.
You may burn my books, my poems
Or feed my flesh to the dogs.
You may spread a web of terror
on the roofs of my village,
O ENEMY OF THE SUN
BUT
I shall not compromise
I shall resist.

You may put out the light in my eyes.
You may deprive me of my mother's kisses.
You may curse my father, my people.
You may distort my history,
You may deprive my children of a smile
And of life's necessities.
You may fool my friends with a borrowed face.
You may build walls of hatred around me.
You may glue my eyes to the humiliations,
O ENEMY OF THE SUN
BUT
I shall not compromise
I shall resist
O ENEMY OF THE SUN

The decorations are raised at the port.
The exclamations fill the air,
A glow in the hearts,
And in the horizon
A sail is seen
Challenging the wind
And the depths
It is Ulysses
Returning home
From the sea of loss.

It is the return of the sun,
Of my exiled ones
And for her sake, and his,
I swear I shall not compromise
I shall resist,
Resist - and resist.
-Sameeh Al-Qassem

This post was edited by boognis on Mar 30 2014 03:06pm
Gold: 633.87
Mar 30 2014 03:18pm
Quote (Caedus @ Mar 30 2014 03:11pm)

Wasn't the UN debating whether the Canadian government was guilty of genocide? It's some pretty appalling stuff.

This post was edited by bogie160 on Mar 30 2014 03:18pm
Gold: 1,382.83
Mar 30 2014 04:41pm
:/
Gold: 1,819.09
Mar 30 2014 04:43pm
Quote (bogie160 @ Mar 30 2014 05:18pm)
Wasn't the UN debating whether the Canadian government was guilty of genocide? It's some pretty appalling stuff.

An example of how American treatment of natives is swept under the rug. Canada doesn't have a good record but compared to the US Canada looks pretty great. This ridiculous "genocide" talk comes from some corrupt reservations who don't handle their money well who wanted to bitch and complain. It was all but dismissed.

Now take the US. America never viewed natives as anything more than tools, and normally just considered them vermin on land. George Washington attempted genocide against the Iroquois, Andrew Jackson outright committed genocide against dozens of tribes, most notably the Cherokee (Whom he had to violate US law to ethnically cleanse). Then look at all the examples during the settler period in the West. No country treated it's natives worse than America. And today problems are just as bad if not worse, difference is most natives in the US are out of sight and out of mind, lack the education and means to improve their lives, and simply the native population isn't large enough for anyone to care. In Canada there's a similar sized native population which allows them to be heard.
Gold: 152.00
Mar 30 2014 04:49pm
Quote (killgoreisleet @ Mar 30 2014 04:53pm)

holy shit lol
Gold: 285.00
Mar 30 2014 05:10pm
Quote (killgoreisleet @ Mar 30 2014 03:53pm)

Vitriol off the charts!

10/10
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll