d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > +1.08 Billion After Separation
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.84
Mar 28 2014 11:46am
Quote (2sexy4u @ 28 Mar 2014 14:11)
we pay federal taxes, big part of my pay goes to canada, and everytime i buy something as well

you must be under your mother care to ignore that

Yes, but your federal taxes come back to you in the form of federal services. That's how taxes work. This doesn't mean you pay money into Canada and get nothing in return, and that if you separated you'd suddenly have some large sum of money from taxes.

Bear in mind that an independent Quebec would have to buy all the federal infrastructure from Canada. It's not like overnight it becomes yours.
Gold: 282,085.50
Mar 28 2014 11:57am
Quote (PesChye @ Mar 28 2014 01:44pm)
They've certainly received more than they pay into equalization.

Quebec could survive economically. It would mean a decade of really hard times, ultimately to end up as one of the weaker economies in the western world.

It certainly wouldn't be all friendly if they broke off like Marois was saying. They wouldn't get the loonie, they wouldn't get representation at the Bank of Canada, there certainly wouldn't be open travel, Canada would probably impose visa restrictions.

Marois seems to have this idea that an independent Quebec will have some sort of parent/college kid relationship with Canada. As if we'll still try to support them and maintain a nice friendly relationship. Canada will make every effort to make Quebec realize their mistake.

well its normal that canada make it not appealing for quebec to separate, as well as PQ wants to show the best of it

yes there would be a difficult time of re-organisation but the relation between quebecers and canadians would later become much better than now

many angry canadians seems to ignore that canada did everything they can to assimilate french language and culture in canada, quebec is slowing forgetting this, we cannot put responsability of you ancestors to your own shoulders, will be the same if we separate, few generation will hate us then your desandants wont care about your old angryness

maybe they dont know either that french won the war in north america, but France lost in europe were forced to give up America to keep Paris

if the english people wants to keep old hard feelings because we separate they will find a nation that can talk a lot about it

Mar 28 2014 12:15pm
Quote (2sexy4u @ 28 Mar 2014 14:27)
well its normal that canada make it not appealing for quebec to separate, as well as PQ wants to show the best of it

yes there would be a difficult time of re-organisation but the relation between quebecers and canadians would later become much better than now

many angry canadians seems to ignore that canada did everything they can to assimilate french language and culture in canada, quebec is slowing forgetting this, we cannot put responsability of you ancestors to your own shoulders, will be the same if we separate, few generation will hate us then your desandants wont care about your old angryness

maybe they dont know either that french won the war in north america, but France lost in europe were forced to give up America to keep Paris

if the english people wants to keep old hard feelings because we separate they will find a nation that can talk a lot about it

Ceci n'est pas vrai depuis les années 1960, Le gouvernement federale a essayé de s'adapter de le langue et culture Québecois. C'est la raison que je peux te parler (mal) en Français. Pour beaucoup d'années, nous avons travaillé vers plus égalité. Il faut continuer, pas diviser maitenant. On peut créer un pays vraiment multiculturelle, completement bilingue. Ceci est mon rêve. Et j'espere qu'aprés tout ces problèmes separatiste quittent, on peut travailler ensemble vers ça.

Je suis désolé pour mon mal français.
Gold: 282,085.50
Mar 28 2014 12:34pm
Quote (PesChye @ Mar 28 2014 02:15pm)
Ceci n'est pas vrai depuis les années 1960, Le gouvernement federale a essayé de s'adapter de le langue et culture Québecois. C'est la raison que je peux te parler (mal) en Français. Pour beaucoup d'années, nous avons travaillé vers plus égalité. Il faut continuer, pas diviser maitenant. On peut créer un pays vraiment multiculturelle, completement bilingue. Ceci est mon rêve. Et j'espere qu'aprés tout ces problèmes separatiste quittent, on peut travailler ensemble vers ça.

Je suis désolé pour mon mal français.

the best way to keep quebec in canada is to have knowledge on politic and history like you have

also if canadians understand the basic ways to "handle" or talk to a quebecer like you do, chances to see quebec going away would be zero

and u at least as good as me in french as i am in english :D

Mar 28 2014 12:46pm
Quote (2sexy4u @ 28 Mar 2014 15:04)
the best way to keep quebec in canada is to have knowledge on politic and history like you have

also if canadians understand the basic ways to "handle" or talk to a quebecer like you do, chances to see quebec going away would be zero

and u at least as good as me in french as i am in english :D

That's all we can try to do. A lot is misunderstood. I'm a poli sci student and my main focus has been Canadian politics and the Canadian federal system, so I have an understanding of this stuff and what matters to people in different provinces.

Hopefully I can continue to improve my French. I could speak it much better a few years ago, I spent a lot of time in Quebec in my high school years.
Gold: 129.89
Mar 29 2014 04:45pm
Why would they want to secede from the 2nd biggest country in the world? It would benefit them in no way shape or form......

Me being from Texas, I have dealt with this stuff when people were saying Texas should do the same thing from the United States... Its more kinda like a joke , no one really thinks it will happen/ or is talking seriously ....

This post was edited by josh2234 on Mar 29 2014 04:52pm
Gold: 633.87
Mar 29 2014 04:48pm
Quote (josh2234 @ Mar 29 2014 05:45pm)
Why would they want to secede from the 2nd biggest country in the world? It would benefit them in no way shape or form......

Me being from Texas, I have dealt with this stuff when people were saying Texas should do the same thing from the United States... Its more kinda like a joke , no one really thinks it will happen.

Why does it matter how physically large Canada is? The vast majority are crammed within 100 miles of the border and their population is less than California.
Mar 29 2014 04:54pm
Quote (bogie160 @ Mar 29 2014 04:48pm)
Why does it matter how physically large Canada is? The vast majority are crammed within 100 miles of the border and their population is less than California.

Your going to leave one of the biggest/powerful/richest nations in the world for... well nothing basically ?

Please don't be a moron the next time you comment, thanks.
Gold: 285.00
Mar 29 2014 05:03pm
Quote (josh2234 @ Mar 29 2014 05:45pm)

Me being from Texas, I have dealt with this stuff when people were saying Texas should do the same thing from the United States... Its more kinda like a joke , no one really thinks it will happen/ or is talking seriously ....

Second biggest country in the world? Quebec is in Canada not India.
Mar 29 2014 05:10pm
Quote (Skinned @ Mar 29 2014 05:03pm)
Second biggest country in the world?  Quebec is in Canada not India.

moron alert. Canada is the second biggest country in the world. I'm not talking population terms.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll