d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > +1.08 Billion After Separation
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 58.00
Mar 27 2014 08:28pm
quebecers dont want to separate so it doesnt matter.
Gold: 122,606.50
Mar 27 2014 08:40pm
Quote (dechristianize @ Mar 27 2014 10:28pm)
quebecers dont want to separate so it doesnt matter.

right, only 1/3 at the moment, but this can change if PKP become PM

Quote (bogie160 @ Mar 27 2014 09:50pm)
The Native Americans would secede, taking large chunks of Quebec with them.

It's clearly just not tenable.

Native population in Quebec: 100,000 (0,0125% of Quebec), Wow that is a large chunk

Quebec population: 8 million (23,5% of Canada)

that pretty embarrassing post u made :rofl:

Gold: 0.84
Mar 27 2014 09:48pm
Quote (2sexy4u @ 27 Mar 2014 23:10)

Native population in Quebec: 100,000 (0,0125% of Quebec), Wow that is a large chunk

that pretty embarrassing post u made  :rofl:

While this is true, First People's have claim to a lot of land in Quebec, most of your population is located along the St. Lawrence. Montreal would also probably seek to remain a part of Canada, and the Federal Government isn't gonna let you keep all your territory, dividing the country. There'd be a proper land route to Atlantic Canada.

Remember, a clear majority on the referendum means negotiations, it doesn't mean Quebec just breaks away and keeps everything.
Mar 28 2014 11:04am
Quote (PesChye @ Mar 27 2014 11:48pm)
While this is true, First People's have claim to a lot of land in Quebec, most of your population is located along the St. Lawrence. Montreal would also probably seek to remain a part of Canada, and the Federal Government isn't gonna let you keep all your territory, dividing the country. There'd be a proper land route to Atlantic Canada.

Remember, a clear majority on the referendum means negotiations, it doesn't mean Quebec just breaks away and keeps everything.

i know u have good knowledge on politic but i can hardly believe it work like that

if Montreal want to separate from quebec that is legitimate but it would not be part of quebec separation conditions, they would have to do it there own way like quebec is doing now, when Canada decided to move from england domination they never had to negotiate part of canada territory that would have to stay England possession (or tell me if i am wrong)

also if Majority of Montreal are against separation, there is only a small part of there districts that are hostile enough (to separation) to think about separate themself from Quebec Nation

Ville Mont-Royal is a rich english district that could try that move, they refuse to participate to Montreal community even when the federalist are elected in quebec/ Mtl, so they kinda already separate from us

Westmount could also be in same situation , but other districts like Outremont where traditionally very federalist and now electing Parti Quebecois

and dont forget that its easy to say that they want to leave quebec if we separate, we have deep historical and cultural reasons to separate, they have nothing such as, they will first become very emotive and then back to money buisness as usual

whatever i doubt even 1/20 montreal's districts would be interested to leave quebec, but i will always accept the right of separation

Gold: 633.87
Mar 28 2014 11:17am
Quote (2sexy4u @ Mar 27 2014 09:40pm)

that pretty embarrassing post u made  :rofl:

And yet they have a claim to a lot of land, and they have made clear that they will secede in the event of Québécois secession and rejoin Canada.

This will definitely be allowed, because Canada won't care an iota about Québécois outrage.
Mar 28 2014 11:30am
Quote (bogie160 @ Mar 28 2014 01:17pm)
And yet they have a claim to a lot of land, and they have made clear that they will secede in the event of Québécois secession and rejoin Canada.

This will definitely be allowed, because Canada won't care an iota about Québécois outrage.

Canada made one of most horrible crimes vs first nation when they deported eskimos and made false promises, most of them are dead now and the GRC assimilation succeded

Quebec cant do worse, at least we understand the importance of minority

First Nation are showing there Federalist side because the check $ comes from there, they dont care that is actually quebec that give money to canada, who give it back to quebec's first nation

if quebec separate, they will give there money directly to first nation, they will show another face at that time

This post was edited by 2sexy4u on Mar 28 2014 11:30am
Mar 28 2014 11:34am
Quote (2sexy4u @ 28 Mar 2014 13:34)
i know u have good knowledge on politic but i can hardly believe it work like that

if Montreal want to separate from quebec that is legitimate but it would not be part of quebec separation conditions, they would have to do it there own way like quebec is doing now, when Canada decided to move from england domination they never had to negotiate part of canada territory that would have to stay England possession (or tell me if i am wrong)

also if Majority of Montreal are against separation, there is only a small part of there districts that are hostile enough (to separation) to think about separate themself from Quebec Nation

Ville Mont-Royal is a rich english district that could try that move, they refuse to participate to Montreal community even when the federalist are elected in quebec/ Mtl, so they kinda already separate from us

Westmount could also be in same situation , but other districts like Outremont where traditionally very federalist and now electing Parti Quebecois

and dont forget that its easy to say that they want to leave quebec if we separate, we have deep historical and cultural reasons to separate, they have nothing such as, they will first become very emotive and then back to money buisness as usual

whatever i doubt even 1/20 montreal's districts would be interested to leave quebec, but i will always accept the right of separation

18 of Montreal's 26 Provincial electoral districts voted liberal in 2012. This is a clear majority, the upcoming election will be an interesting one, particularly in Montreal.

If Quebec did Separate, Canada would keep Montreal, it's too valuable economically. Some districts in Southern Quebec, up as far as Rivière-du-Loup would remain Canadian. There's no way the government would allow Atlantic Canada to be cut off.

I can't speak for the natives, but they've made it pretty clear that if Quebec separates, they'll separate from Quebec. The territory would be divided.
Gold: 1,157.00
Mar 28 2014 11:37am
Quebec gives money to canada?

Rofl.
Mar 28 2014 11:41am
Quote (Subzer0isGG @ Mar 28 2014 01:37pm)

Rofl.

we pay federal taxes, big part of my pay goes to canada, and everytime i buy something as well

you must be under your mother care to ignore that

Mar 28 2014 11:44am
Quote (Subzer0isGG @ 28 Mar 2014 14:07)

Rofl.

They've certainly received more than they pay into equalization.

Quebec could survive economically. It would mean a decade of really hard times, ultimately to end up as one of the weaker economies in the western world.

It certainly wouldn't be all friendly if they broke off like Marois was saying. They wouldn't get the loonie, they wouldn't get representation at the Bank of Canada, there certainly wouldn't be open travel, Canada would probably impose visa restrictions.

Marois seems to have this idea that an independent Quebec will have some sort of parent/college kid relationship with Canada. As if we'll still try to support them and maintain a nice friendly relationship. Canada will make every effort to make Quebec realize their mistake.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll