d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Why Are The Wealthiest Countries Mostly White?
Prev1789
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Mar 25 2014 04:05am
Quote (PixileDust @ Mar 24 2014 01:27pm)
Spaniards are technically white caucasians.

No shit? I didn't say they weren't. I asked if you thought they were genetically inferior to the British.

I smell dodge.
Gold: 20.00
Mar 25 2014 10:31am
Quote (sylvannos @ Mar 25 2014 04:05am)
No shit? I didn't say they weren't. I asked if you thought they were genetically inferior to the British.

I smell dodge.

When did I ever suggest that genetic inferiority was a factor?

No I don't think the Spanish are genetically inferior. They are practically the same thing as the Anglo-Saxon British, most spaniards have Germanic heritage, just as the British do.

Many are dark skinned because they were invaded by North African Muslims on multiple occasions through the Strait of Gibraltar. However, most are light skinned.

This post was edited by PixileDust on Mar 25 2014 10:32am
Gold: 69.69
Mar 26 2014 10:45pm
Take things by force
Gold: 11,700.00
Mar 26 2014 11:46pm
Quote (PixileDust @ 25 Mar 2014 16:31)
No I don't think the Spanish are genetically inferior. They are practically the same thing as the Anglo-Saxon British, most spaniards have Germanic heritage, just as the British do.
Many are dark skinned because they were invaded by North African Muslims on multiple occasions through the Strait of Gibraltar. However, most are light skinned.

that germanic tribes passed through the iberian pensinsula accounts for some admixture but has not overtaken the original iberian population, also don't forget the greek and phoenician influence
on the other hand there has been a far more substantial admixture through celtic stock in the british population and the far lesser impact from the romans
so there are substantial differences, not only the admixture through arabic stack (and you can be sure that the spaniards are happy not to be the 'same thing' as the british ;) )
Gold: 0.00
Mar 27 2014 04:40am
Quote (PixileDust @ Mar 25 2014 08:31am)

You said that a smaller population (the British) took over a country of much larger size and population. I gave you more examples of why this logic is terrible. The Japanese took over China during WWII and had annexed Korea before that. The English defeated the Spanish at the Battle of Gravelines. They also ruled over Ireland and Scotland for centuries. Almost all of Europe, North Africa, and the Middle East was ruled by the Romans for centuries. Yet, we wouldn't say any of these are examples of one group of people being genetically superior to another because we understand history and the events that allowed these things to happen.

Japan conquered China in WWII because they were industrialized and the Chinese were not. The Japanese were able to annex Korea for the same reasons. The English defeated the Spanish because a hurricane thought it'd be a good time to walk through. The English took over Ireland/Scotland because England was unified and the Irish/Scottish were not, meaning they didn't have standing armies. Rome took over the world due to technological breakthroughs obtained because they were at the heart of the Mediterranean.

So, why were the English able to colonize China? The Japanese and Russians had left China in a weakened state. On top of this, China was experiencing a serious drug epidemic that was then fueled by British interests. But hey, let's ignore this and just say the British are genetically superior to the Chinese.
Gold: 68.99
Warn: 10%
Mar 27 2014 11:55am
Quote (sylvannos @ Mar 27 2014 01:40pm)
The English took over Ireland/Scotland because England was unified and the Irish/Scottish were not, meaning they didn't have standing armies

the Scottish kingdom existed until 1707, and it wasn't annexed militarily.

now no one tell this fellow where the Vandals ended up

i wonder though - when did the Irish, the Spaniards etc. become White?
or why a Brazilian who'd consider himself white would be called black in the U.S.

This post was edited by Gastly on Mar 27 2014 11:58am
Gold: 285.00
Mar 27 2014 11:57am
Quote (Gastly @ Mar 27 2014 12:55pm)
the Scottish kingdom existed until 1707, and it wasn't annexed militarily.

now no one tell this fellow where the Vandals ended up

i wonder though - when did the Irish, the Spaniards etc. become White?
or why a Brazilian who'd consider himself white be called black in the U.S.

Because race is a social construct and means different things in different places :lol:

Lets just point to the lack of any real truth in the post-modern world.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1789
Add Reply New Topic New Poll