d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Australia's Anti-protest Laws
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 655.00
Apr 9 2014 12:04am
Quote (boognis @ Apr 9 2014 01:43am)
OK, call it fear if you want.

Do you eat meat?

Do you think animals experience fear?

More or less than an undeveloped fetus?

are you saying a human fetus deserves even less respect than an animal to be slaughtered?

yes I eat meat, yes when your trying to lead a cow from the barn to the slaughter house often times they do everything they can to escape back into the barn.

escaping into the barn, escaping into the womb, seems about the same.

This post was edited by Ylem122 on Apr 9 2014 12:12am
Gold: 285.00
Apr 9 2014 12:10am
Quote (Ylem122 @ Apr 9 2014 01:02am)
id really like to see testing done to prove the child doesn't experience pain and fear before you go about deciding what is best for another beings body.

Pain is a purely psychological experience, from sensations from the nerve endings to the gate in the spine which informs the brain to signal discomfort (to warn you that something is wrong).

Before the spine and brain are developed it is impossible to experience pain, or anything at all.

Once that stuff matures and organs work, the spine is functioning, and the sensory organs are all sending their inputs in...then it is a being. Before this it isn't alive in any way outside of a cellular level.

So whenever it is that the spine, brain, and sensory organs are all in order is when pain can be experienced. Fear likely not. Fear requires some comprehension. Needing both is largely irrelevant and causing either would be a big problem in my eyes.

But it needs that stuff that is possible.

I'm derailing this thread I'm sorry.

This post was edited by Skinned on Apr 9 2014 12:11am
Gold: 655.00
Apr 9 2014 12:13am
Quote (Skinned @ Apr 9 2014 02:10am)
Pain is a purely psychological experience, from sensations from the nerve endings to the gate in the spine which informs the brain to signal discomfort (to warn you that something is wrong).

Before the spine and brain are developed it is impossible to experience pain, or anything at all.

Once that stuff matures and organs work, the spine is functioning, and the sensory organs are all sending their inputs in...then it is a being.  Before this it isn't alive in any way outside of a cellular level.

So whenever it is that the spine, brain, and sensory organs are all in order is when pain can be experienced.  Fear likely not.  Fear requires some comprehension.  Needing both is largely irrelevant and causing either would be a big problem in my eyes. 

its real easy, put some caustic liquid on its finger and note gestures made to remove it. then put some non caustic liquid and note any gestures made to remove it.

if the child wipes away the caustic liquid but does nothing to the non caustic, the person should be respected as such.

its the kind of test they did to prove that Crustatans with out a spine, like lobsters and crabs, do feel pain even though they don't have a spine.

This post was edited by Ylem122 on Apr 9 2014 12:16am
Gold: 152.00
Apr 9 2014 12:18am
Quote (Skinned @ Apr 9 2014 02:10am)

Once that stuff matures and organs work, the spine is functioning, and the sensory organs are all sending their inputs in...then it is a being.  Before this it isn't alive in any way outside of a cellular level.

So whenever it is that the spine, brain, and sensory organs are all in order is when pain can be experienced.  Fear likely not.  Fear requires some comprehension.  Needing both is largely irrelevant and causing either would be a big problem in my eyes. 

The ability to experience pain develops long before birth.
Gold: 9,039.20
Apr 9 2014 02:06am
Quote (cambovenzi @ Mar 24 2014 02:42pm)
A "libertarian" who opposes freedom of speech and encourages government oppression.
Now i've heard it all.

Post from January 2012, lol, when I identified as a “mutualist.”

It is anarchists and libertarians that are the reason their very own fantasy ideologies cannot ever exist.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll