d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > MMORPG > Guild Wars 1 & 2 >
Poll > Gw2 Party Kicking System > Suggestion
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 150.00
Mar 16 2014 10:05am
I say need ele/guard/80's only for certain dungeons. AC/TA. The achev thing I don't care. Though if you are on a low achev thief we do take bets on how many downs and double downs will happen.

This post was edited by Overdoses on Mar 16 2014 10:06am
Gold: 9,369.23
Mar 16 2014 11:27pm
Quote (AirJohnny @ Mar 16 2014 07:32am)
Elitist? How is asking for lvl 80 in any way elitist? Don't even mistake elitist for sensible.

Because nobody was asking for lvl 80s? My lvl 80 friend starts a party with me and he uses the LFG tool to look for people, he didnt put any requirements, but yet I still get kicked for not being 80. How is that sensible? If they wanted an all 80 party, maybe they should go make their own instead of joining one that has no requirements and kicking people out. Try not to assume next time.

This post was edited by wtfisthis on Mar 16 2014 11:30pm
Gold: 34.08
Mar 17 2014 04:25am
Quote (wtfisthis @ Mar 17 2014 05:27am)
Because nobody was asking for lvl 80s? My lvl 80 friend starts a party with me and he uses the LFG tool to look for people, he didnt put any requirements, but yet I still get kicked for not being 80. How is that sensible? If they wanted an all 80 party, maybe they should go make their own instead of joining one that has no requirements and kicking people out. Try not to assume next time.

That's just hilarious, in the ways of not assuming, did either of you explain you were together? Did your friend open the instance and leave the party after that to kick them all out? Did you cry?

E: it's still sensible to run dgns at lvl 80 anyway, atleast then you will be fully traited, adequately equipped, and won't be slowing the team down.

This post was edited by AirJohnny on Mar 17 2014 04:27am
Gold: 212.00
Mar 17 2014 04:57am
Do not mistake good strategy/tactics for elitism

Good strategy/tactics is like this:
"P1 LF1M exp lvl 80 G" and then they honestly give everyone who joins a chance to show good party support before kicking
So what if someone's serk setup has two pieces of soldier mixed in? Our group is completing everything on time and it isn't a problem
Someone went down? Not really a big deal, happens to everyone from time to time
The only time this group would kick you, is if you were a true form jackass or such a novice that they won't be able to complete the dungeon with you on board
Which is perfectly reasonable

Elitism looks like this:
"P1 80s W/G/E/T Serk Only 5k+ AP " and then even though everyone meets the requirements when joining, they kick people the instant that they identify something being done that isn't "meta"
"I don't like the sigils & runes on the gear that this guy just pinged, he must be a bad player, kick him" "I don't like that this guy's setup has one knight's ring mixed with the rest of his serk setup, kick him"
God forbid Hodge goes down, whoever was assigned to kiting is going to get kicked and now we'll have to wait for another join to load up, WP and run back to this room, when it really would be faster to just redo the puzzle and move on
This group is actually causing more problems and making the dungeon take way longer than it normally would be, by being overly elitist

Mar 17 2014 07:19am
Quote (TSBoyer @ Mar 17 2014 05:57am)
Do not mistake good strategy/tactics for elitism

Good strategy/tactics is like this:
"P1 LF1M exp lvl 80 G" and then they honestly give everyone who joins a chance to show good party support before kicking
So what if someone's serk setup has two pieces of soldier mixed in? Our group is completing everything on time and it isn't a problem
Someone went down? Not really a big deal, happens to everyone from time to time
The only time this group would kick you, is if you were a true form jackass or such a novice that they won't be able to complete the dungeon with you on board
Which is perfectly reasonable

Elitism looks like this:
"P1 80s W/G/E/T Serk Only 5k+ AP " and then even though everyone meets the requirements when joining, they kick people the instant that they identify something being done that isn't "meta"
"I don't like the sigils & runes on the gear that this guy just pinged, he must be a bad player, kick him" "I don't like that this guy's setup has one knight's ring mixed with the rest of his serk setup, kick him"
God forbid Hodge goes down, whoever was assigned to kiting is going to get kicked and now we'll have to wait for another join to load up, WP and run back to this room, when it really would be faster to just redo the puzzle and move on
This group is actually causing more problems and making the dungeon take way longer than it normally would be, by being overly elitist

I don't think there are many parties that are 'elitist' since the patch on dgn rewards. Those who ran CoF during that time had some of the best gw2lfg.com posts of ALL TIME by me. 'GLF ZERK WAR YOLO SWAG 420 NOSCOPE DILDO SLAMMING LESBIAN HOOKER TITTIES'. Shit would grab attention and let them know at the same time I'm not super cereal. Now I can't spam that on the official LFG shit. :(
Gold: 212.00
Mar 17 2014 03:09pm
It isn't the true good players who are elitist
I notice it's jackasses who want to be good that try to hard to be good with the elitist pickiness
You know the kids who just learned how to run AC p1 and watched a youtube video on their class's meta yesterday

Players who are truly good, smile at the chance to 2v1 Lupicus
In fact, if you are "truly a good player" most dungeons can be 2 manned if you have the patience
-> Food Buffs
-> Utility Buffs
-> Knowing the dungeon's patterns
= Win

This post was edited by TSBoyer on Mar 17 2014 03:09pm
Gold: 277.00
Mar 17 2014 04:07pm
Quote (TSBoyer @ Mar 17 2014 04:09pm)
It isn't the true good players who are elitist
I notice it's jackasses who want to be good that try to hard to be good with the elitist pickiness
You know the kids who just learned how to run AC p1 and watched a youtube video on their class's meta yesterday

Players who are truly good, smile at the chance to 2v1 Lupicus
In fact, if you are "truly a good player" most dungeons can be 2 manned if you have the patience
-> Food Buffs
-> Utility Buffs
-> Knowing the dungeon's patterns
= Win

"True good" players don't make "record" videos of Lupi or any other nonsense. They also don't make ZvZ/PvP videos for any other reason than simply having fun with editing.

I remember getting kicked from CoF groups on my War by scrubs with <2k AP simply because I refused to ping my gear. Mind you, I had about 9-10k AP at this time, and I'm probably one of the most geared out the ass person around (especially back then). Meaning, while the scrubs were in their amazing exotics, I was sitting on ascended...outgearing them by years.

"True good" players are also usually the last people you expect. Not to mention, just because someone is well-known because of their constant publicizing of themselves and their utoob videos/twich, doesn't mean they're the best around. Not even close. This especially applies to GW2's PvP. Some of those "pro players" I've seen videos and talks of from sPvP, makes me laugh uncontrollably.

There are some exceptions, however, it's rare...very rare.

PS: This may come as a shock to you, but contradictory to the stereotype, the real "pros" are actually fit irl, not fat slobs.

This post was edited by Kurow on Mar 17 2014 04:10pm
Mar 17 2014 05:34pm
Quote (Kurow @ Mar 17 2014 05:07pm)
"True good" players don't make "record" videos of Lupi or any other nonsense. They also don't make ZvZ/PvP videos for any other reason than simply having fun with editing.

I remember getting kicked from CoF groups on my War by scrubs with <2k AP simply because I refused to ping my gear. Mind you, I had about 9-10k AP at this time, and I'm probably one of the most geared out the ass person around (especially back then). Meaning, while the scrubs were in their amazing exotics, I was sitting on ascended...outgearing them by years.

"True good" players are also usually the last people you expect. Not to mention, just because someone is well-known because of their constant publicizing of themselves and their utoob videos/twich, doesn't mean they're the best around. Not even close. This especially applies to GW2's PvP. Some of those "pro players" I've seen videos and talks of from sPvP, makes me laugh uncontrollably.

There are some exceptions, however, it's rare...very rare.

PS: This may come as a shock to you, but contradictory to the stereotype, the real "pros" are actually fit irl, not fat slobs.

Like that Yishish kid. I was roaming in on TCBL and ran into him... Owned his ass while he was streaming on twitch.
Gold: 277.00
Mar 17 2014 05:48pm
Quote (Overdoses @ Mar 17 2014 06:34pm)
Like that Yishish kid. I was roaming in on TCBL and ran into him... Owned his ass while he was streaming on twitch.

You gotta give him a little credit for sticking around though...I mean...he IS playing a thief. You can't expect any thief to win against a good player. At best, they should run away when things look bad (which it does very fast against good players).
Mar 17 2014 10:27pm
Quote (Kurow @ Mar 17 2014 06:48pm)
You gotta give him a little credit for sticking around though...I mean...he IS playing a thief. You can't expect any thief to win against a good player. At best, they should run away when things look bad (which it does very fast against good players).

He was on Engi. (From what I'm told he stopped playing thief.) He tried to stealth engage me at 1st but I seen him before he did stealth. Kept running like I didn't see him. As he came out of stealth I turned bulls'd 100b swapped to axe/shield shield bashed his heal turret then eviscerated him and stomped. Honestly took 8~ secs.
Go Back To Guild Wars 1 & 2 Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll