d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > MMORPG > Guild Wars 1 & 2 >
Poll > Gw2 Party Kicking System > Suggestion
1235Next
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 212.00
Mar 14 2014 12:16am
The “Kick From Party” option is useful most of the time.
I often use it myself for situations such as: “I have a LFG listed for 80s only but then a level 20 joins”
or “Someone logs off half-way through a dungeon so we boot him”
but lately I’ve been seeing a lot of people using the kick from party option in abusive ways.

Examples:
•Players being kicked half-way through a dungeon “despite how effective they are” because someone noticed they weren’t playing a meta build
•Players being kicked half-way through a dungeon so someone’s friend can join the party and get credit after the person who was kicked, worked for it
•Players being kicked half-way through a dungeon for no other reason than to waste someone’s time

The above examples can adequately be described as: Elitism, Favoritism and Trolling.
An effective and well mannered party member should never have their time wasted due to the above reasons.

My suggestion: The “Objection” Option

If two players have elected someone to be kicked, the player being kicked should receive a 10 second window to select an “Objection” option before actually being kicked out of the party.
If the player does not select “Objection”, they will be kicked after 10 seconds (this easily eliminates AFK or offline players).
If the player does select “Objection”, the process to kick that player would then require every party member to agree on the kick, rather than just two of them.

This idea needs to be considered and taken seriously as it turns a brash party kicking system, in to a lawful one.

~ Thanks for your time reading

This post was edited by TSBoyer on Mar 14 2014 12:18am
Gold: 42.00
Mar 14 2014 01:45am
totally right place to post this, the devs will totally read this
Gold: 34.08
Mar 14 2014 01:57am
~ 2 people join a lvl 30 frac run together. One has 0 agony resist, party want to kick. Friend objects.

Yes I like this idea.
Mar 14 2014 03:45am
Quote (coltemonikha @ Mar 14 2014 02:45am)
totally right place to post this, the devs will totally read this

Ty for sarcasm
It was posted on the official forum first anyway

I would have linked to the GW2 forum from here but I wasn't sure if the d2jsp mods would suspend me for it, for I just reposted to see what jspers had to say about it

At any rate, the thread is getting attention
Looks like a lot of people share my opinion
Gold: 150.00
Mar 14 2014 07:27am
There is no problem with it. But no matter what someone will abuse it.

The other day Johnny and me where in a group and some bad war was trying to talk shit after I had to war banner him and someone else during spider queen in AC we failed. Before he got kicked I said 'gtfo' he said 'make me'. Then he pm'd me 'stop using a bad elite'. I swap elites for situations. You can say it was abuse, but it takes 2 to kick. And without him, we ran smoother.

Run with at least 1 friend, rule as you see fit.
Mar 14 2014 11:32am
That's a specific situation where the guy did need to be kicked

I mean like, what if you and John were running and got all the way to Howler and someone on your friend's list whispers and wants in
So you guys select some poor kid to get booted who just spent 20-30 minutes going through the AC instances with you and now he doesn't get to get his reward
This kind of stuff isn't fair and I see a lot of happening lately

On a completely different alternative, when a person is booted, it should boot them in to their own duplicate version of the instance
This way they're out of your party but they also don't lose progress
Gold: 34.08
Mar 14 2014 11:41am
Quote (TSBoyer @ Mar 14 2014 05:32pm)
That's a specific situation where the guy did need to be kicked

I mean like, what if you and John were running and got all the way to Howler and someone on your friend's list whispers and wants in
So you guys select some poor kid to get booted who just spent 20-30 minutes going through the AC instances with you and now he doesn't get to get his reward
This kind of stuff isn't fair and I see a lot of happening lately

On a completely different alternative, when a person is booted, it should boot them in to their own duplicate version of the instance
This way they're out of your party but they also don't lose progress

Okay I'll actually be constructive.

Yes, you do have a base of a point, but I still disagree on a few.
The objection thing can also be manipulated as two friends, one that is way under requirement and one not. can't be kicked because they will obv both object to the kick.
Also, kicking them into their own instance, do you not see how many Arah path sells that shit could be manipulated into?

But yeah good luck finding the right balance. It's difficult.
Gold: 5,169.82
Mar 14 2014 12:26pm
Stuff like this will always be an issue in any game. Trolls will be trolls.
Mar 14 2014 01:29pm
Should at least require 3/5 votes to kick
That is a majority vote

It should have been worked this way to begin with
Gold: 277.00
Mar 14 2014 01:36pm
Quote (Overdoses @ Mar 14 2014 08:27am)
There is no problem with it. But no matter what someone will abuse it.

The other day Johnny and me where in a group and some bad war was trying to talk shit after I had to war banner him and someone else during spider queen in AC we failed. Before he got kicked I said 'gtfo' he said 'make me'. Then he pm'd me 'stop using a bad elite'. I swap elites for situations. You can say it was abuse, but it takes 2 to kick. And without him, we ran smoother.

Run with at least 1 friend, rule as you see fit.

...wait...there was another war that was going down constantly? :rolleyes:

This post was edited by Kurow on Mar 14 2014 01:36pm
Go Back To Guild Wars 1 & 2 Topic List
1235Next
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll