d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > 2014 Nfl Draft Perfect Matches
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.27
Mar 9 2014 09:36pm
In this thread I just want to post (and have you post) some of your perfect matches for this year's draft. I don't want to see "Teddy to the Jaguars" type of crap but later/less thought of picks that could be perfect for both sides.

I only have a few right now but I've wanted to make this thread for a little bit now so I'm doing it finally with just the few off the top of my head.

1) Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State to the Tennessee Titans in Round 2.

Carr and Whisenhunt just seem like a match to me. They have Locker still so idk if they'll look for a QB this year or next but if they do and Carr does fall as many are predicting, he could be a great fit in Tennessee.

2) Jared Abbrederis, WR, Wisconsin to the Detroit Lions in Round 2.

Lions do not need a first round receiver, it's just not needed at all. They need a compliment to Calvin and Abbrederis is just that. He won't ever be a #1 in my eye (sorry my nigga Swirv) but you pair him up with Calvin, it's going to be the deadliest duo in the league and this also allows Detroit to address their secondary in round 1 with Gilbert, Dennard, Clinton-Dix or Pryor).

3) Chris Borland, ILB, Wisconsin to the Buffalo Bills in Round 3 or 4.

They have Kiko already but who's on the outside? If you answered Nigel Bradham and Manny Lawson then you cheated and looked it up like I did. Borland is a tough and gritty LB and is excellent in run defense. They can put Borland on the inside and Kiko on the outside in their 4-3 (and obviously move both inside on 3-4 packages, etc etc) and really solidify their LB corps with young talent.

4) Dri Archer, RB/WR, Kent State to the Denver Broncos in Round 4+.

Saints would be the obvious and easy pick here but with Knowshon gone (or likely gone I should say) in Denver, that leaves them with Montee Ball who is a physical back. Archer can kill two birds with one stone. He can be that third/fourth receiver and be the change of pace back. He would add an entirely new element to the already explosive (or formerly explosive after the Super Bowl?) Denver offense.

5) Martavius Bryant, WR, Clemson to the Arizona Cardinals in Round 3+.

With Andre Roberts likely leaving, the Cardinals will likely look for a third receiver option in the draft. Bryant is the perfect fit for BA's system and the NFC West. With an official 4.34 40 time, Bryant has the break away speed to get those "chunk yards" that Bruce Arians talks about so often. You take that and his size (6-5, 200lbs) and he'll be able to bang with the big corners of the Seahawks. He seems like the perfect fit for Arizona.

That's all I have for now, I'll post more later and I think of them, what do you all think are good fits? Inb4topprospectstoanyteam.
Gold: 0.68
Mar 9 2014 09:37pm
Garoppolo to the Vikes in the 2nd

Norv molds him into the next Tom Brady
Gold: 3.18
Mar 9 2014 09:38pm
Randy, that player in your signature would be an excellent choice at #33 for the Texans (1st pick in round two). If he's still on the board.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
Mar 9 2014 09:39pm
Dri Archer to replace Sproles in NO, you heard it here first.
Mar 9 2014 10:06pm
Quote (Profar @ Mar 9 2014 08:37pm)
Garoppolo to the Vikes in the 2nd

Norv molds him into the next Tom Brady

Quote (Madmartigan @ Mar 9 2014 08:38pm)
Randy, that player in your signature would be an excellent choice at #33 for the Texans (1st pick in round two). If he's still on the board.

I said less obvious choices. Garoppogod to any team is too obvious of a good fit. He'd come in day one and make Peyton carry his jock. Brady would be cleaning Jimmy's cleats and handing him warm towels lightly scented with a hint of cucumber or mango.

Quote (Terps @ Mar 9 2014 08:39pm)
Dri Archer to replace Sproles in NO, you heard it here first.

Swirv please.

Quote (Randolph @ Mar 9 2014 08:36pm)
4) Dri Archer, RB/WR, Kent State to the Denver Broncos in Round 4+.

Saints would be the obvious and easy pick here but with Knowshon gone (or likely gone I should say) in Denver, that leaves them with Montee Ball who is a physical back.  Archer can kill two birds with one stone.  He can be that third/fourth receiver and be the change of pace back.  He would add an entirely new element to the already explosive (or formerly explosive after the Super Bowl?) Denver offense.

Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
Mar 9 2014 10:32pm
Quote (Randolph @ Mar 9 2014 11:06pm)
Swirv please.

Well shit

Devin Street to Balt. We just hired Pitt's OC last year as our WRs coach, and possession receiver is a big need... although Marlon brown is already a big-body #3 receiver so idk...
Gold: 90.00
Mar 9 2014 11:25pm
Pretty interesting. I think Shazier would be amazing at #33.
Gold: 3,500.80
Mar 10 2014 07:56am
Badgers represent B)

On Wisconsin!

/e

don't forget, Borland can punt as well. like a baws

This post was edited by Cheesehead on Mar 10 2014 07:57am
Mar 10 2014 04:01pm
Logan Thomas, QB, Virginia Tech to the Kansas City Chiefs in Round 5+.

Reid has worked some wonders with QBs before, what's to say he won't do it again? Thomas showed some signs of what he was supposed to be and was at the combine, put him with a capable teacher and there could be some magic there.
Gold: Locked
Mar 10 2014 04:28pm
Brandin Cooks (WR, Oregon State) to Oakland in round 2.

If we don't get Watkins with our first, Cooks should be our guy. We need a WR that can make things happen with his speed--we lacked big plays and momentum creators last season. This guy could very easily fill that gap for us.
Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll