d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Favorite Songs & Bands > Quest For The Ultimate Lsd Playlist > Best Music For Trips
Prev12348Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 9,765.00
Warn: 60%
Mar 11 2014 03:22pm
need this of course

Mar 11 2014 03:27pm
"Sweet Jane" is used here as a euphanism for a herion High

kinda like chasing the dragon or visiting "sweet jane"

This post was edited by card_sultan on Mar 11 2014 03:38pm
Mar 11 2014 03:34pm

This post was edited by card_sultan on Mar 11 2014 03:34pm
Mar 11 2014 03:37pm
Gold: 16,240.00
Mar 12 2014 03:31am
->Mirage420: Wow I listened to this album before but really wasn't paying much attention. Anyway the first two tracks are gold! Still not that convinced by the rest though

->Makemetalmusic: Thx man I like your style, had and love most of these already except sizzlebird which reminded me to download their ep's :p Already have the Shpongle song on there and can definitely use a few others so ty

->Unfall: Nice been getting more and more into boc lately, this might be a bit minimal to start with but has great purpose/energy later on. Know I need a couple more songs from them, just got Dayvan Cowboy atm

->boogis: Not sure how I feel about psytrance here, for a start I generally prefer the more commercial/happy stuff compared to dark/full-on but even then I find most of it too intense. The first songs bass is too heavy, when you combine this with the hectic melodies of psytrance I just know it's going to be too intense for me. I am warming up to x-dream though, was loving the 'we created our own happiness' album and could definitely see how it could work

->Awrf: I love Blockhead normally but generally find the ninja tune type stuff a bit minimal and weird here. This song is great though, very close to what I want, same with the triptych parts

->card_sultan: The Velvet Underground song is very cool, sounds classic and iconic which is what I look for, great build up also. Might need to cut it off before the screeching bit though, also reminds me that there's probably some Bob Dlyan songs I can use. Sweet Jane song was nice but there's other stuff that does the same thing better imo. Astronomy has a lot of great moments but like a lot of Pink Floyd songs ends up being a bit weird overall for my taste, I have Comfortably Numb already though :)
Mar 12 2014 03:45am
^Comftorbably Numb is a great example of a song that I've put on and taken off the playlist multiple times.

If a song gets too dark/intense/weird (the acceptable amount depends on the duration that it happens for) it doesn't get used. This song is a bit dark overall with its overtones and can get a bit weird in places but has a general happy-sadness that helps and plenty of awesomeness interspersed throughout

This song is in a similar situation but ended up off the list, I'm still undecided. A lot of it is perfect but the tribal intersections do get too dark/weird in places

This post was edited by dakariii on Mar 12 2014 03:48am
Mar 12 2014 05:20am
the live version is great also
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
Mar 12 2014 07:26am
wow i checked your playlists, i've no idea how u can listen to such different tracks randomly when you're tripping
for ex if a michael jackson song came jsut after a shpongle track i'd be probably mad ^^
i've always done " 1 kind of music" for 1 trip depending on how i start feeling

Mar 12 2014 08:55am
It can be a little jarring when it changes over but you're so focused in the present that a few seconds later it really doesn't matter

I just find it really nice not having to worry about selecting music during, it's one of the things you can spend time fussing over missing out on the trip. What's going to come on next? What am I going to play after this? Am I going to be in a suitable state to select music as good after this? Will I notice/be in a state to do anything about it if the music stops/starts repeating

By making sure that each track is suitable then playing on random it pretty much works in any situation, come up, peak, next day. It helps having a good ratio of relaxing to epic/uplifting and reserving the right to skip song during the come up. It does seem like to wouldn't work thinking about it and especially if your only used to doing it differently but just going to have to trust me that is does :) I have some of my favourite albums for it in a playlist but rarely end up using

As a side point it also cuts down of feelings of deja-vu when even if the songs are the same they aren't being played in the same order

Mar 12 2014 09:14am
Keep your eyes still, get lost in thought, listen to the music
:D

(top 3 things to do)
understand this and its good times

hint: the second two help to achieve the first

Go Back To Favorite Songs & Bands Topic List
Prev12348Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll