d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Path of Exile > Strategy & Guides > Rushing In Poe
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 1,705.43
Feb 23 2014 08:13pm

Rush Guide

One of the most commonly purchased services in PoE is a rush. From single boss kills and act rushes to complete A1 Normal-A3 Merciless, people will do it for a decent amount of orbs.
New and never had a rush done or never performed one? Been away a while and unsure of what to do with the content that came at the end of the Open Beta? This is for you guys.
The goal of this guide is to create a standardized reference for how to perform a rush, or to have one done for you. (You would be surprised at how often this is messed up)
This will be in two parts, one for the bare minimum of quests to complete a difficulty, and one for optional quests that give skill/passive respec points.

Basic Rush:

Act One
  • 1. Use the Mud Flats waypoint and clear out an area surrounding the 3 'Rhoa Nest' objects and a path from there to the Lower Submerged Passage. Town Portal, and walk them to the passage.
  • 2. Use the Lower Prison waypoint and find Brutus's room inside the Warden's Chambers section of the Upper Prison.
    • Town Portal at the entrance to his room, not inside it. They will still get the quest, and it is safer. Kill Brutus and then go back to your town portal
    • The waypoint following Brutus is automatically acquired when Brutus is killed, the new character may take the portal back home instantly.
    • Quest link: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Caged_Brute
  • 3. Use the Cavern of Wrath waypoint, and make your way to the Merevil's Lair section of the Cavern of Anger following the previous area. TP and Kill, Merevil is so easy that the new character can remain in her lair without fear, unlike Brutus.

Act Two
  • 0.5 After the Merevil Kill, use the waypoint to go to the Forest Encampment, then step back through the town exit to the Southern Forest. Make a town portal there, the new character can takle that town portal from Lioneye's Watch, and enter directly into the A2 town without risk or wasted time
  • 1. Use the Chamber of Sins (lvl 2) waypoint, and make your way to Helena in level 3, town portal at her, and kill Fidelitas while your young charge is still safely below the upper ledge.
  • 2. Use the Blackwood waypoint and make your way it the Weaver's Nest section of the Weaver's Chambers. Standard safe kill
    • Town Portal at the entrance to her room, not inside it. Minions of the Weaver spawn all over, and can be dangerous to fledgling characters
    • Make sure the new chacter grabs Maligaro's Spike from the carnage.
    • Quest link: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sharp_and_Cruel
  • 3. Exit the Act 2 town and find the Vaal Ruins entrance. TP at them, then continue inside. (Faster than the waypoint.) Then, find the Ancient Seal in the Vaal Ruins level 2 and TP right before the seal's empty spot. Take the portal to go home.
  • 4. Ask the new character which Bandits he wishes to kill, and which to help. Note that you cannot help the new character kill a Bandit that you helped. If you talk to the bandit and the other character(s) have chosen different options, you will unally and will be able to send each other permanently to standard in Hardcore Mode.
  • Make sure the new character grabs The Apex from the bandit they help, or Eramir in town if they kill all of them
    • Kraityn is located at the end of the path in the Broken Bridge
    • Alira is located on a random side of the map in the Western Forest.
      • The trick to finding her quickly is to find the destroyed fork in the path, and follow the direction of that broken portion, if it was not broken
      • Town Portal behind the mound of stuff that Alira stands in front of
    • Oak is located in the Wetlands in the middle of the map.
      • The trick to finding him easily is to simply follow the river north, Oak's camp is right in the middle of it
      • Town portal behind the mound of stuff Oak stands in front of, as with Alira
    • If the new character doesn't know which reward is which, read or link them this: http://i.imgur.com/ymOEwp2.png
    • Quest link: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Deal_with_the_Bandits
  • Use the Caverns (lvl 2) waypoint and walk the long way up to the Ancient Pyramid, and to the Pyramid Apex. Town Portal and kill the Vaal oversoul Beware of his Smash.
    • TP at the entrance to the Pyramid Apex, it is much safer for low levellers. Even the Oversoul's falling rocks attack can be deadly at times.
    • The Smash attack for the Oversoul is deadly on Merciless. It does 6,000 fire and 6,000 physical damage. The trick to avoiding it is to simply stand back when he walks and raises the hammer, and, when running from it in a worst case scenario, run perpendicular to the direction the hammer is heading towards. It has a ridiculous up-down splash area, but a pitiful left-right one.
    • Quest link: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Shadow_of_the_Vaal

Act Three
  • 1.1 Use the Crematorium waypoint and find the large room containing Piety in Lightning form and a group of blackguards. Townportal a safe distance from her, then rush in and take her to half HP.
    • The one being rushed does not ever need to go near Piety before she has teleported away
    • Make sure the new character takes Tolman's Bracelet from Piety's torture device
  • 1.2 Exit the Sarn Encampment from the North and wander through The Slums until you find Clarissa, surrounded by guards. Kill them and any nearby monsters, and town portal. After the new character talks to her twice, tell him to go home and take the Sewer Keys from her. While they get the keys, locate the Sewer Entrance in The Slums, and TP right next to it, then head home
  • 2. Use the Battlefront waypoint and head south west to find and kill Captain Aurelianus and his guards that encircle the Blackguard Chest. Town portal at it, after checking a safe circle around it
  • 3. Use the Docks waypoint, (or head north west after clearing the Blackguard Chest) and search all the dead ends to find the Supply Container. Clear the magic monster mob around it, and town portal
  • 3.1 Use the Solaris Temple (level 2) waypoint and town portal on top of it. This completes The Ribbon Spool and Fiery Dust in one fell swoop. Make sure that the one being rushed receives the Infernal Talc from Dialia
  • 3.2 Use the Warehouse Sewers waypoint and walk west, town portal just before where the Undying Blockage would be. Make sure they destroy the Undying Blockage, however they do not need to go to the next area
  • 4. Use the Lunaris Temple (level 2) waypoint and make your way down past Kole and the bowels of Lunaris Temple level 3 to the glowing orange circle titled 'Portal' at the end of a long string of stairs. Make a town portal and then kill Piety
    • When encountering stairs and looking for Piety, always go up. Up will nearly always lead you correctly, going down means you are backtracking
    • When you enter the last set of standard stairs and see three broken carts, go in the direction that has only one cart, the other is a dead end every time
    • TP at the entrance to Piety's Sanctum, not inside it. Minions or far flying Ice shots will destroy your low level ward. (Hi Ed.)
    • Make sure they take the Tower Key from Piety's corpse. (Note: Before Piety is when payment for Act 3 rushes is usually collected)
    • Quest link: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Piety's_Pets
  • 5.1 Take either the Imperial Gardens waypoint and head north east, or the Sceptre of God waypoint and head down the several flights of stairs (this is simpler sometimes, as the SoG is always symmetrical in design) and Town Portal at the top of the stairs outside where the huge door is. Then head home
  • 5.2 Take the Sceptre of God waypoint and make your way up through the Upper Sceptre of God, until you reach a final bloody transition door that does not look like the other spiraling stairs. Town portal at it, and head up to kill Dominus
    • If the one being rushed is new to the game...make sure they stay below the stairs, they will either be killed by Dominus/his minions if they stick close, or by the bleed stack Blood Rain if they stand back. Both are bad
    • It is usually courteous to kill Hillock in the next difficulty after a Dominus kill, as you can run far ahead of your companions and he is an easy kill

Skill and Respec Points
- Note: Characters may type /passives at any time to see what Passive Point rewards they have missed in all difficulties.
- Note: This only includes quests that are not required to progress.

Act One
  • 1. Use the Mud Flats waypoint and head north (could be west or east) to find the Fetid Pool. Kill every monster in the area, including Kadavrus the Defiler (use /remaining to check) except a few, then town portal and kill the rest while the new character is here. Be wary of Bone Rhoa packs trying to slay your ally.
  • 2. Use the Lower Submerged Passage waypoint and make your way down to the Flooded depths. The Dweller is located across a stream on a large island, town portal a screen or so before him, then smash him when your companion enters.
  • 3. After completing The Caged Brute, Use the Ship Graveyard waypoint and look for a broken ship (not near the water) and enter it, move through the cave quickly to find a Slave Girl. Dispose of the mob and unique around it, then town portal and head out back into the Ship Graveyard. Do not tell the runner to follow you.
  • 3.1 Locate a broken ship on top of a ledge near the water on the north side of the map. Town portal, and spam whatever AoE spell you have on the location where Fairgraves would stand. When the new character talks to him, Fairgraves and some skeletons will appear, your AoE should decimate them.

Act Two
  • 1. Use the Crypt (level 1) waypoint, and walk down to a large platform with many spiders and a unique boss next to an Altar. Kill the boss and minions, then town portal
  • 2. Use the Western Forest waypoint, and go to the end of the path, (there is no easy way to tell if it is left or right) and TP when you see on the edge of your screen a small barricade. When your ally enters, kill Captain Arteri and his guards and let them grab the Thaumetic Emblem and open the Western Forest passage

Act Three
  • 1. After completing Lost in Love, Use the Warehouse Sewers waypoint, and locate a 'Stash' object in a large room. Clear the monsters and Town Portal. Find the entrance to the Slums Sewers in the Warehouse sewers and repeat. Use the Market waypoint and find the entrance to the Market Sewers, enter it, and repeat the process. Make sure to clear all extra mobs, because Undying Alchemists or Discharging monster packs can decimate a low level player in seconds.
  • 2. This does not give a skill or respec point, but you can make several chaos from it, as the rewards are excellent.[Merciless Only] Use the Library waypoint and find a 'Loose Candle' in a corner of the Library to enter the Archives. Clear the entire map (or have the person being rushed follow you carefully) and find each of the four Golden Pages, on book stands. When all four are found, town portal and use the Library waypoint again, the person you are rushing can choose from gems, includng Cast When Damage Taken, Multistrike, Chain, Concentrated Effect, Cast on Critical Strike, and Greater Multiple Projectiles. Some of them worth up to 5 Chaos, much more in new leagues.

General tips for Rushers:
  • Leave nothing to chance, you have no idea how new or laggy the person you are rushing is! Kill every monster within a screen and a half of your TP and the object the player needs to interact with.
  • Try to get multiple players in on one rush, you double your profit, and most of the rush time is spent making town portals and walking anyway. [This is common sense, yes I know]
  • Before making a portal, check to see if the person you are rushing has picked up/used the quest object and portalled back home yet.
  • Carry lots of TP scrolls. For a full A1-3 Rush with skill point side quests, you need upwards of 30 TP scrolls
  • You can report people in game for scamming on services, right click their name and choose Report.

General tips for players being rushed:
  • Be wary of malicious rushers who want to PK you in the Bandit quest. If possible, click the 'Kill' or 'Help' dialogue when you are a screen or so away from the rusher, if the player turns red on the minimap when you choose, you are being hostiled, and need to exit right then, at the very least you received a free rush. If possible, complete the quest on your own.
  • You can report people in game for scamming on services, right click their name and choose Report. Be as descriptive as possible.
  • Don't linger after boss kills, grab only what is obviously valuable, meaning all uniques, and rares amulets/rings in Merciless. Most likely the rusher is already watching you to see when you head home so that they can make the next portal. Time is orbs.
Gold: 2,760.00
Feb 23 2014 09:27pm
Very nice, many of the things i did not know like finding Alira more quickly or going the right direction at the carts in Lunaris Temple. Sticky this if anyone can confirm that this is the way to be rushing properly :-)
Can you tell us a bit about fast ways to level a new char too?

Meaning areas and gems, perhaps good leveling items like Redbeak or Shiversting Spectral Throw combo. That would be 10/10!

Also the /passives command is new to me. Thank you for sharing!

This post was edited by lamer30 on Feb 23 2014 09:28pm
Gold: 6.30
Feb 23 2014 10:19pm
Huge gratz on this bro!! Great guide!

:)

Needs a sticky for sure!

This post was edited by bodierox on Feb 23 2014 10:26pm
Gold: 22,009.00
Mar 25 2014 03:00pm
Why is this not a sticky yet? Bump.
Gold: 360.00
Mar 25 2014 10:01pm
Sticky this indefinitely.
Gold: 7,561.46
Mar 26 2014 11:55am
i love how this is done, very cute and easy to follow :drool:
Gold: 1,065.00
Mar 26 2014 12:20pm
If anything deserves a sticky it's this.
Gold: 22,009.00
Mar 26 2014 07:17pm
I'm having trouble with the bandit quests. On my rusher I helped Alira, and on my rushee I want to kill her. I first talk to her with the rushee and select kill. Then I click on her with the rusher and I don't have the option to click kill, it is automatically help. Any advice?
Gold: 1,705.43
Mar 26 2014 10:10pm
Quote (maks @ Mar 26 2014 09:17pm)
I'm having trouble with the bandit quests. On my rusher I helped Alira, and on my rushee I want to kill her. I first talk to her with the rushee and select kill. Then I click on her with the rusher and I don't have the option to click kill, it is automatically help. Any advice?

One of the people in the party in the area needs to go through her dialogue again. They should click through each of the current dialogues, someone talked or didn't talk at the wrong time is all.

@ Other comments prior: Thanks. :p

Gold: 130.00
Mar 27 2014 12:20pm
Welll done, OP.
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Add Reply New Topic