d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > MMORPG > Eve Online > Isk Sellers And Other Eveplayers > Got A Few Questions :)
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 26,619.50
Feb 9 2014 06:59pm
Cheers Eve Online subforum,
I recently had the idea of checking this very promising game out, would you lads agree with my decision? I have never played the game so Im pretty much starting out a complete newb, will it still be fun at this stage of the game (wont i just get stomped superhard again and again and again) ? I really dont know what to expect, would love to hear some opinions on the matter. Also I heard that its possible to pay for the "playtime" with ingame currency (ISK if i got it right) ; Is that the case? How hard is it to get there gameplaywise / How much fg would I have to invest (were I to find a seller) to last me for a while?
Would much appreciate some advice and knowledge, really interested in giving this one a shot.
Stay classy :)

ps.: Should I actually pull through with this and start playing Id love to get to know a few dudes to play with if someones interested, I always enjoy to play with other people so hit me up :)
Gold: 308.00
Feb 10 2014 12:48am
Eve online is more than a game its something to be lived. I will tell you this upfront eve online is not for the casual player and eve does not have a lerning Curve...it has a lerning CLIFF the game is unlike anything else i have ever played Their is no pay to win in eve you have to WORK at it and you get out of it what you put in. EVE is also a TEAM game. yes u can go dick around solo... you wont have much fun and u WILL DIE A LOT! this will lead to frustraion and rage quiting.

Getting into eve is easy Makeing enough to pay the bill every month not hard at all

Getting in with a group of People that will teach you and welcome you in PRICELESS

If your hooked yet send me back a pm :)
Gold: 5,624.64
Feb 10 2014 07:59am
do the 14 day trial or get someone to give you a referal that gives you bonus 7 days and then they get a plex if you pay for your 1st month with cash
eves a huge time whore but a lot of fun
theres a lot of people around that will help you out as a noobie you just gotta find them
and as brian said above the learning is steep and will confuse the fuck out of you for a while then it all makes sense and you wonder why you had so much problem understanding it
Gold: 35,594.00
Feb 14 2014 04:33pm
I started playing Eve a few months back, and it does have a steep learning curve. At this point, I'm by no means an expert but I'm understanding things pretty well and having a blast playing. If you're interested in starting I'd be happy to send you the 21 day pass, and could help answer some of the basic questions and get you pointed in the right direction. I'm also looking for other people to group with for various activities.

Cheers! :)

This post was edited by bufflekill on Feb 14 2014 04:35pm
Gold: 5,003.61
Feb 15 2014 03:04am
If you decide to start playing you can use my buddy invite link and I will give you 350 million ISK out of the total 600-ish million that the reward is worth, i.e you get more than half the reward.

Link: https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=47a5cfa4-098e-418c-a971-305a4a1e753a&action=buddy

Offer is valid for anyone, just send me a mail here on jsp with the date you subscribed (paid for your first month, either through real money or ingame currency) and to what name i should send the ISK.
Gold: 66,615.00
Feb 16 2014 01:42am
Quote (brian_the_bold @ Feb 9 2014 11:48pm)
Their is no pay to win in eve you have to WORK at it  and you get out of it what you put in.

While I agree with everything else... EVE can in fact be pay-to-win.

Reasons:
(1) Can buy in game money with plex.
(2) Can buy buy training time for alts so you can train more than 1 character at a time. (This is a huge adv)

I love the game, but there are pay-to-win aspects. The skill gain really reduces the presence of them but they are there.

This post was edited by zzzwindzzz on Feb 16 2014 01:42am
Gold: 5,003.61
Feb 16 2014 02:21am
Quote (zzzwindzzz @ 16 Feb 2014 09:42)

Reasons:
(1) Can buy in game money with plex.
(2) Can buy buy training time for alts so you can train more than 1 character at a time.  (This is a huge adv)

I love the game, but there are pay-to-win aspects. The skill gain really reduces the presence of them but they are there.

Then someone kills you and you just wasted all your cash for nothing. You are not even safe in high sec due to suicide ganking.

Since you lose everything when you die I would say there is no pay to win.

Also, even if you have the most amazingly fitted super ship you can still die to something worth a fraction of the cost because the other player is simply a better pilot. Just like when people lose tournament ships worth over 100 billion to a ship not even worth 200 million.
Gold: 122,478.34
Feb 17 2014 12:52am
Quote (zzzwindzzz @ Feb 16 2014 08:42am)

where ?
Gold: 52.00
Feb 17 2014 03:58am
the game gets talked up. You can play it casually, it isnt hard to learn to core mechanics, and anyone who says otherwise is bullshitting. Its just that you wont be experiencing a lot of what the game has to offer if you play casually, and you'll likely be paying monthly with real money for the most part. The game is fun, and I enjoy it a bunch.

Also, if you do decide to play, pm me. I can give you my ref link and if you decide to play I will send you all the isk I make from selling the PLEX i get from your sub.
Go Back To Eve Online Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll