Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,350.60
Jan 29 2014 09:31am
HI, i am new with guardian character, and need some tips on builds
dont know nothing about his traits and skills for mvm or pve
some1 can help? ty
Gold: 2,685.00
Jan 29 2014 09:57am
20 points into hammer and concentration. Make sure to max out on mana regeneration and Dr with your gear. I I recommend harlequin crest and that run word that let's you teleport.

Or learn to become self-sufficient and Google your own shitty cookie-cutter builds.
Gold: 22.00
Jan 29 2014 10:53am
first of all, i gotta remind you of your role as a guardian. they give your group excellent support while still putting out steady DPS, and have no problem pulling aggro on dungeon mobs. your role is NOT pure dps. that's what warriors are for.

let's see, you definitely want that trait that gives you vigor on crit. you also want 30 points in that trait line that gives you boon duration, so your virtues break stuns and give you stability. the trait that reduces 2h weapon skill recharge by 20%, you also want that, being as gs+staff is awesome. without a doubt 20% reduced shout recharge trait. last but not least, you want to equip shouts as your utilities. "stand your ground" is a must. "retreat" is optional. the one shout that gives you protection+regeneration is also a must.

knight's gear works on a guardian well. with knight's you'll be pulling aggro like a boss since it's a toughness armor, so you have to learn how to use your active defense well (blocks/dodges). a healthy mix of soldier's+knight's is what i prefer, for mo powa.

don't forget max boon duration runes. 2x water, 2x monk, and 2x something else i can't remember, but there's 3. you should have 75% boon duration, which will give you permanent swiftness with "retreat!" and staff skill 3.

#1 guardian here, this is all from memory yet it is very accurate, you'll just have to use your eyeballs for the certain things i couldn't name specifically 'cause i don't have my game up atm.

Quote (DJ_HyDrA @ Jan 29 2014 10:57am)
20 points into hammer and concentration. Make sure to max out on mana regeneration and Dr with your gear. I I recommend harlequin crest and that run word that let's you teleport.

Or learn to become self-sufficient and Google your own shitty cookie-cutter builds.

this forum's dead enough already, dude.

This post was edited by Wretch on Jan 29 2014 11:08am
Gold: 150.00
Jan 29 2014 11:23am
Quote (Wretch @ Jan 29 2014 11:53am)
first of all, i gotta remind you of your role as a guardian. they give your group excellent support while still putting out steady DPS, and have no problem pulling aggro on dungeon mobs. your role is NOT pure dps. that's what warriors are for.

let's see, you definitely want that trait that gives you vigor on crit. you also want 30 points in that trait line that gives you boon duration, so your virtues break stuns and give you stability. the trait that reduces 2h weapon skill recharge by 20%, you also want that, being as gs+staff is awesome. without a doubt 20% reduced shout recharge trait. last but not least, you want to equip shouts as your utilities.  "stand your ground" is a must. "retreat" is optional. the one shout that gives you protection+regeneration is also a must.

knight's gear works on a guardian well. with knight's you'll be pulling aggro like a boss since it's a toughness armor, so you have to learn how to use your active defense well (blocks/dodges). a healthy mix of soldier's+knight's is what i prefer, for mo powa.

don't forget max boon duration runes. 2x water, 2x monk, and 2x something else i can't remember, but there's 3. you should have 75% boon duration, which will give you permanent swiftness with "retreat!" and staff skill 3.

#1 guardian here, this is all from memory yet it is very accurate, you'll just have to use your eyeballs for the certain things i couldn't name specifically 'cause i don't have my game up atm.

this forum's dead enough already, dude.

Travelers or Sanctuary (Rare version)
Jan 29 2014 01:54pm
Quote (Overdoses @ Jan 29 2014 12:23pm)
Travelers or Sanctuary (Rare version)

yeah rune of the traveler!
Gold: 277.00
Jan 29 2014 04:14pm
Gold: 212.00
Jan 29 2014 10:03pm
Built for Greatsword/Staff and sometimes Hammer

Explorable Map & Dungeons:

Zeal: 0
Radiance: 15 ~ II
Valor: 10 ~ V
Honor: 20 ~ II ~ IX
Virtues: 25 ~ I ~ IX

Wear full berserker gear
* Helm & Aqua breather = Superior Water
* Shoulder = Superior Water
* Chest = Superior Monk
* Gloves = Superior Monk
* Leggings = Superior Traveler
* Boots = Superior Traveler
This gives you +45% to your boon durations
the increase in protection, fury, stability, ect.. ect.. is far more important than other stat you could benefit from any other rune

Use these skills
#6 ~ Signet Of Resolve
#7 ~ Save Yourselves
#8 ~ Stand Your Ground
#9 ~ Retreat (For situations that don't require swiftness, swap in) -> "Hold The Line" or "Wall Of Reflection"
#0 ~ Renewed Focus

It buffs very long lasting boons for yourself and the party, while maintaining large DPS on it's own
Trait allocations allow you perma-blinding so long as you and/or the party is killing quickly enough (This is a large portion of what makes this build defensive so long as it is maintaining offense)
Plenty of quick virtue recycling and shout recasts which = plenty of aegising, protections, stability and even swiftness, with long durations
Plenty of light combo fielding for AoE condition cleansing (due to your whirl on the GS) for yourself and the party, not to mention virtue of resolves traited party condition removal

It also works good in small WvW skirmishing but if you want a tough character that has a better chance of surviving nuclear zerg spikes, watch the video Kurow posted and pay attention to the details

Here is the SPvP version:

Zeal: 20 ~ II ~ VII
Radiance: 10 ~ II
Valor: 0
Honor: 20 ~ II ~ IX
Virtues: 20 ~ I ~ IX

Traveler runes do not exist in SPvP
So in the leggings/boots, use Superior Divinity

In SPvP this build is a superior roamer 1v1 and if you're good enough, you can 1v2 and make it out alive
It can temporarily bunk on the fly 1v1 or 1v2 but it won't be able to do what a real bunk does vs 3 or more
The build is really used to roam between home and mid and assist your bunkers with DPS buffings, defensive boons and overall helping kill/clear out your bases
This build with a properly timed spike can deal much more damage than a 100 blades spike and also in quite a large AoE
Learn to #3 staff ~ #3 GS ~ #2 GS (all of this being after buffing empower, aegising for 20% more damage and virtue of justice for 10% more damage to burning foes
This combo isn't meant for you being on the offensive, as it can be complex to land but rather when the opponents are already pressured/out of endurance/already in a control effect
Landing this AoE combo in the middle of a cap point while it is being swarmed will easily turn the tide in your teams favor
Make sure to use stability before using the combo, to ensure no one can knock you out of it

This post was edited by TSBoyer on Jan 29 2014 10:04pm
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Jan 29 2014 10:49pm
Quote (Kurow @ Jan 29 2014 06:14pm)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0fxuoJGdGs

10/10.
Jan 29 2014 10:53pm
Quote (Kurow @ Jan 29 2014 05:14pm)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0fxuoJGdGs

:rofl: so true i love it