d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > User Blogs > Random Fun And Entertainment
12Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 54.90
Jan 27 2014 09:20am

This blog is for discussing anything non-sports related such as movies, TV shows, music, celebrity news and video games.
Just a randomly fun and entertainment blog thread I created on the side. I'm not always watching sports in my spare time.
Jan 29 2014 04:01am
I'm just about to watch a couple of Smallville re-runs on TNT. It's one of my favorite shows of all-time besides 24, The Sopranos, Quantum Leap, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Frasier and Buffy the Vampire Slayer to name a few. Even though I've seen every episode of every season for all of those shows, I somehow have to watch it again every time it's airing. Mostly the new shows that I watch now a days are reality shows. You name it and I watch it pretty much.

I never understood why it's impossible to embed youtube videos on a d2jsp blog but here's a song that I've been listening to a lot lately.

Aloe Blacc - The Man
http://youtu.be/fm660vIn8Tg

It's an exciting feel-good song. I became hooked on it after I saw it featured on a few commercials and it's just one of those catchy tunes.
Apr 7 2014 04:12am
It's been a while since I've posted on here. I'm trying to watch every episode of The Walking Dead on AMC, The Following and Sleepy Hollow on Fox, along with Bates Motel on A&E. It seems like I'm catching up with all of the re-runs airing on my Xfinity on-demand feature because I often forget to watch the episodes when they are airing brand new. All four series are very entertaining and feature a lot of action and suspense. I'd recommend watching them if you haven't seen them yet.

Some reality shows I also watch on the side are South Beach Tow, Impractical Jokers, Survivor, Container Wars, Barry'd Treasure, Storage Wars, Duck Dynasty, Hardcore Pawn and Lizard Lick Towing. The spin-offs like Storage Wars: Texas and New York and Hardcore Pawn: Chicago were also good to watch. My favorite of the bunch is probably South Beach Tow because it's very funny and serious at the same time. I know many scenes are scripted and some of it is purely acting but it's still a real business being run and it's all for entertainment purposes.
Gold: 0.00
Apr 7 2014 10:56am
Quote (Madmartigan @ Jan 29 2014 05:01am)
I'm just about to watch a couple of Smallville re-runs on TNT. It's one of my favorite shows of all-time besides 24, The Sopranos, Quantum Leap, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Frasier and Buffy the Vampire Slayer to name a few. Even though I've seen every episode of every season for all of those shows, I somehow have to watch it again every time it's airing. Mostly the new shows that I watch now a days are reality shows. You name it and I watch it pretty much.

I never understood why it's impossible to embed youtube videos on a d2jsp blog but here's a song that I've been listening to a lot lately.

Aloe Blacc - The Man
http://youtu.be/fm660vIn8Tg

It's an exciting feel-good song. I became hooked on it after I saw it featured on a few commercials and it's just one of those catchy tunes.

Just started watching smallville, it's pretty good
Retired Moderator
Gold: 2,140.88
Trader: Trusted
Jul 26 2014 03:09pm
Bump
Jul 27 2014 09:03am
Quote (Darkkillz @ Apr 7 2014 11:56am)
Just started watching smallville, it's pretty good

My favorite episode is the season four premier (episode 1) called Crusade. That is when Lois Lane arrived to Smallville (Erica Durance).
Sep 24 2014 10:01pm
I just finished watching the season finale of Big Brother 16 on CBS. It was a very predictable season and Derrick, the 30-year-old undercover police officer from Boston, won the $500,000 dollar grand prize. He played an amazing game and was never even on the block the entire season. That's quite impressive when you consider this season had the special "Battle of the Block" competition every week which meant four houseguests were always nominated. He actually took home a winning of $575,000 if you count his Team America completed missions along with a previous HoH competition prize.

Cody finished in second place and won $50,000 dollars. I thought Cody showed great loyalty to Derrick at the end when he won the final HoH and elected to take Derrick to the end as planned for a long time. It was obvious he was only going to receive two or three jury votes at best against Derrick. They were a part of the Hitmen alliance from day two and stayed true to each other. Cody could have surely won the $500k if he had simply taken Victoria to the final two. She was the biggest floater in Big Brother history and I don't think she would have out-voted him. Donny won America's favorite player and the $25,000 prize. Plus he received a contract from CBS to appear on a future episode of the soap opera, The Bold and The Beautiful. He may actually end up making some pretty good money with or without the beard. Perhaps even Duck Dynasty on A&E may invite him on a future episode or two. Zing! Well okay, not really.

I was actually pulling for Frankie aka Ariana Grande's older brother, or Caleb aka Beastmode Cowboy, to win the game or place in the top two but they were both evicted 5th and 4th overall respectively. Those two guys should have stayed strong together and went to the end. Instead Caleb stabbed Frankie in the back on more than one occasion. Actions always speak louder than words and Frankie was always loyal to Caleb when it came down to it, but it was never the other way around and that ended up causing both of their downfall. They were easy targets for the hitmen alliance when they should have been a tough challenge.

While I enjoyed Big Brother 16 this entire summer I'm hoping they cast some better game players next year. It just seems like this past season had only four or five really intelligent and determined players. With sixteen people in the house it was sort of a boring process weeding out so many bad players who had very little strategy. The girls definitely need to stick together next year as well. Instead they seemed to be picked off one by one by a big guy alliance. Especially early in the season.

As far as some new shows I'll probably watch this fall. Scorpon and Stalker on CBS. They seem interesting but I haven't been able to keep up with too many shows lately, old or new, because I've been busy watching the Houston Astros finish their 2014 MLB season. I'm going to watch the pilot episode of Scorpion on my Xfinity on-demand later tonight or tomorrow. Stalker will premier next Wednesday Night on CBS. Also the new season of Survivor: Blood versus Water part two, premiered on CBS earlier tonight. I'll catch up with that episode as well.
Oct 18 2014 03:38am
The Sopranos (1999–2007) and Curb Your Enthusiasm (1999– 2011)

Two of the greatest TV series ever made. My Xfinity on-demand has every episode available from Season 1 (pilot episode) all the way to the season finale. I've seen most of them already but starting today I'm going to try and watch them all again from the beginning. It will probably take me past Christmas and into the new year by the time I finish. Unless I watch four or five per day.

The last show I watched from start to finish on Xfinity on-demand was Coach (1989–1997) starring Craig T. Nelson. I had a lot of fun with that one because I enjoy college football and coaching football so it was pretty much right up my alley. Coach Hayden Fox coached the fictional Minnesota State Screaming Eagles, and he also was the head coach of a fake NFL team called the Orlando Breakers toward the last few seasons.

This post was edited by Madmartigan on Oct 18 2014 03:39am
Nov 28 2014 03:37am
I'm currently watching episode four of season three of "Curb Your Enthusiasm" featuring the hilarious Larry David. I still have quite a ways to go to watch every single episode of every season but it's one of my favorites. Recently during an interview Larry David made it known how he hasn't ruled out a season nine in the makings despite a long break. That would be awesome if they brought back the show for at least another season or two. It's one of those rare comedies that allows the actors to shine through improvisation. It's pure gold all around. Sort of like a modern day Seinfeld in terms of the laughs.
Nov 28 2014 02:34pm
I purchased a 32-inch Vizio HD-TV earlier this morning at my local Mall. It was obviously a tremendous black Friday sale the day after Thanksgiving. Normally I stay at home and watch sports on a day like today, and I absolutely despise shopping amongst the other frantic buyers, but I had to take a look to see what was out there. I believe the normal price was close to $230 dollars but it was on a clearance sale and only cost me $90 dollars. I just hooked up my new TV in my room, very easy to do, and I'm enjoying the 2010 movie "Leap Year" starring Amy Adams. The picture quality is crystal clear.
Go Back To User Blogs Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic