d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > User Blogs > My Daily Bible Verses
Prev138394041Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 3.60
Mar 20 2015 02:27am
For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace with his blood, shed on the cross.
—Colossians 1:19-20

Thoughts on Today's Verse...
How do you comprehend both the majesty and the sacrifice of Jesus? We've been looking at our Lord's identity all this month and still we find ourselves amazed, delighted, bewildered, and blessed by his glorious and humble character. The main thing, however, is that he made peace between a perfect heaven and a flawed humanity. He made this peace at horrific cost, the shedding of his own blood on the torture tree at Calvary. He did this with all of God's pleasure and nature in himself. He did this because of our sin. He did this because of love.

My Prayer...
O Father, I am sorry that it took such a great sacrifice to atone for my sin. I am thankful that you loved so much that you would pay the price for that sacrifice. I praise you for bridging the distance that I could not cover that my sin created between you and me. May you be as pleased with me today and see my life as a praise for your costly grace. In Jesus' name I thank you. Amen.
Mar 21 2015 02:05am
To fear the LORD is to hate evil; I hate pride and arrogance, evil behavior and perverse speech.
—Proverbs 8:13

When we have a deep and reverential respect for our holy God, we are going to love what he loves and hate what he hates. We need to realize, however, that the word "hate" is used very carefully in Scripture. This strong verb is not used often, and when it is used with God as the subject, the object of God's hatred needs to be noticed. God hates evil, which in this case is defined as pride, arrogance, evil behavior, and vile speech. These are things that Christians not only avoid, but they also loathe. God wants his people to be people of character — people of humility, moral behavior, and helpful speech.

My Prayer...
O holy and righteous Father, forgive me of my pride and self-interest. Forgive me for my arrogance and deceptive tongue. Remake me by your Spirit to be holy in word and deed, compassionate toward those in need, and freed from evil. To you, O LORD, be the glory in my life and in your Church, forever and ever. In Jesus' name. Amen.
Mar 22 2015 04:44am
God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea.
—Psalm 46:1-2

God is not only our protector; he is our helper. Even when our world seems to be crashing around us, he is there. He will deliver us from death or deliver us through death. He will deliver us from evil or he will deliver us to overcome evil. Our task is to trust that in the midst of our earthquakes and tidal waves that we are not alone and not abandoned.

My Prayer...
Holy God, I pray for those today who are in the middle of life's earthquakes. You know those for whom I am concerned. You know I care about their struggles which are too big for me to mitigate and too painful for me to truly bring comfort. I ask you now to bless them, be with them, and please deliver them quickly. You are our only true hope and Jesus is our only sure redeemer. In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ I pray. Amen.
Mar 23 2015 05:28am
Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behavior.
—Colossians 1:21

So many people reject God because of the things they do not want to give up for him. They may couch it in an intellectual argument, but quite often they do not want to surrender their will to God because it will mean giving up something they love that is in conflict with the character of God. Many evangelists know that intellectual arguments seldom will win this kind of person to the truth. Instead, they must come to know Jesus and his sacrificial love for them before they are able to realize that God's demand for holiness in them is because he is their ally, not their enemy.

My Prayer...
Holy and almighty God, I praise you for your love and holiness. Thank you for demonstrating both by sending Jesus to save me. I regret the times that I saw your desire for holiness to be too demanding or harsh. I thank you for loving me enough to not only save me in Jesus, but also to call me to a holy life under your protection and care. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Mar 24 2015 02:26am
May those who hope in you not be disgraced because of me, O Lord, the LORD Almighty; may those who seek you not be put to shame because of me, O God of Israel.
—Psalm 69:6

What a beautiful prayer for any Christian! In a world that is so self-absorbed, isn't it refreshing to be reminded of the powerful impact for good and bad that we can have? Let's not only be reminded of the devastating impact of our hypocrisy and rebellion, let's also pray that our failures will not be destructive to the Kingdom's increase nor to our brothers and sisters in Christ as they seek to serve and honor the Lord!

My Prayer...
O gracious and mighty God, I do not want to sin. I know it is rebellion against you and it breaks your heart. I do not want to sin because I know it diminishes me and makes me even more vulnerable to Satan's attacks in the future. I don't want to sin and bring disgrace upon your cause O God. And Father, I don't want to sin and be the cause of those seeking you to stumble. Please forgive my sins, but please Father, strengthen me and help me not stumble in my time of temptation. In the name of the one who conquered temptation and sin, Jesus Christ, I pray. Amen.
Mar 25 2015 02:03am
Do not say, "I'll pay you back for this wrong!" Wait for the LORD, and he will deliver you.
—Proverbs 20:22

Revenge is Satan's way of destroying both the innocent and the offender. Once vengeance becomes the motivation, the wounded party can suddenly be swept up in rage and hatred. This poison spreads to everything the vengeful person touches. On earth, we can see that we will never find perfect and complete justice, no matter the "goodness" of the judicial system in place at the time. But God will not only bring justice; he will deliver us: deliver us from the hands of the oppressor and deliver us from the poison of hatred.

My Prayer...
Forgiving Lord, God of all justice and steadfast love, I ask you to be at work in the justice system of my land. Make it more equitable and true. Expose those who buy and sell justice and remove them from power. Deal with the violent and the oppressor with your hand. Please Lord, by the power of your Spirit, stir me to forgive others and to wait on your justice. Guard me from the poison of an unforgiving and vengeful heart. May my attitude, behavior, and response to those who wrong me help lead them to know your Son as their Savior. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Apr 7 2015 05:40am
Seek good, not evil, that you may live. Then the LORD God Almighty will be with you, just as you say he is.
—Amos 5:14

What do you seek out of today? Do you seek good? Or will you pursue evil by nursing a grudge, spreading some gossip, or feeding a lust? God longs to be with us, and he has promised to never leave us. But where God goes, his character, his righteousness, and his goodness are sure to follow!

My Prayer...
Good and loving Father, thank you for showing me what goodness looks like by sending Jesus. Thank you for filling me with your Spirit so I can produce your good spiritual fruit. Thank you for putting me within the Body of Christ, your people, so I can have opportunities to do good deeds for those in need of care. But deep down, Father, I recognize that you alone are truly good. Help me as I seek you, your character, and your goodness in my life. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Apr 8 2015 06:41am
O LORD, hear my prayer, listen to my cry for mercy; in your faithfulness and righteousness come to my relief.
—Psalm 143:1

Some days are just plain tough! Those we care about are hurting. Our plans are falling through. Our prayers seem to bounce off the ceiling and fall at our feet. We cry out to God — sometimes in anger, sometimes in desperation, but especially for mercy. We need relief! We need hope! We need the Father to respond.

My Prayer...
Faithful and righteous God, loving Father, please come to my aide and bring me relief from my struggles with sin, with disease, with discouragement, with friends who are untrue, and with enemies who work for my humiliation and destruction. I need your help. I need your mercy. O, dear Father, I need to know your presence and power in my life today. In Jesus' sweet name I pray. Amen.
Apr 9 2015 04:03am
The Mighty One, God, the LORD, speaks and summons the earth from the rising of the sun to the place where it sets.
—Psalm 50:1

Some speak of Mother Nature, but the Scripture speaks of The Mighty One, God the LORD, who controls our universe and sustains our world. He speaks and they do his bidding. This is the LORD who listens to our prayers and who acts for our well-being. He is the God who sustained his people and sent Jesus to fulfill his promises. He is the God who will bring us home. We can have confidence in our future with him!

My Prayer...
Almighty God, Ruler of the Universe, you are incomparable. I cannot even begin to imagine your glory and power. Nevertheless, I know, God, that you are not only all powerful, but you are also near. Please be near some special friends for whom I pray today... In Jesus' mighty name I pray. Amen.
Apr 10 2015 05:38am
So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.
—Colossians 2:6

"New and improved!" That's the key marketing tag to re-introduce an older product that has fallen out of the public perception. Make a few changes, then re-market the old product. Paul wants the Colossians to know that Jesus does not need to be "new and improved." Instead, they need to follow him as Lord just as they did when they first became Christians. That is our need, too. Our lives need to be rooted and nurtured in Christ Jesus as Lord, full of thankfulness for God's incredible gift of grace in his Son.

My Prayer...
Loving Father and Almighty God, thank you for the gift of your grace given to me in Jesus Christ. Forgive me when I get fascinated by what is simply new or when wanderlust hits and I want something novel. Please make my walk with Jesus fresh each day. Strengthen my appreciation that his lordship in my life will help me face the difficult circumstances along the way and greet the exciting new opportunities each day with joy, strength, hope, and power. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Go Back To User Blogs Topic List
Prev138394041Next
Add Reply New Topic