d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room >
Poll > Buying New Headphones
Prev12347Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 0.00
Mar 9 2014 05:23pm
Quote (Grippster @ Mar 7 2014 03:27am)
Don't get a moniter. Those are for mixing and sound cold. Any $20 headset will sound better than those. For just listening to music mostly anything will work. I look more for durability and design than sound quality since i skateboard all day and need something that wont fall off my head and is also comfortable to wear around my neck. dont get caught up in technology hype. most speakers are generally the same. the biggest difference maker is just gonna be how it fits and wraps around your ear.

Oh, please. If you want something durable, that's fine. But don't try to tell me some cheap $20 headset is going to sound better than any of the ones I posted. I own the HD598s, and use them for gaming, music, video, etc, as well as reference for doing audio/video editing. They sound great in all of those environments. Now, if by "sounding cold", you mean "sound accurate, not boomy and over-bassed", then that would make sense.

Besides, cheap headsets are cheap for a reason. They tend to fall apart.
Gold: 252.00
Mar 10 2014 02:10am
Quote (Surfpunk @ Mar 9 2014 06:23pm)
Oh, please. If you want something durable, that's fine. But don't try to tell me some cheap $20 headset is going to sound better than any of the ones I posted. I own the HD598s, and use them for gaming, music, video, etc, as well as reference for doing audio/video editing. They sound great in all of those environments. Now, if  by "sounding cold", you mean "sound accurate, not boomy and over-bassed", then that would make sense.

Besides, cheap headsets are cheap for a reason. They tend to fall apart.

you can use them and 99% of people won't care because most people dont understand anything. but i wouldnt subject myself to moniters knowing that a cheap pair of skull candies sound warmer and better. moniters are for making music, not listening to the final product. why do you force yourself to use moniters when cheaper headphones sound better? your just being stubborn. moniters sound terrible. they are for working not enjoying.

as for durability. i got a used pair of skullcandies at goodwill and they just gave out a year later. they sound better than my b&w's. They fold up nice and are good for taking on and off all the time when im out living my life.

This post was edited by Grippster on Mar 10 2014 02:16am
Mar 10 2014 11:32am
I guess we'll just have to chalk it up to personal preference. I've listened to quite a few sets of SkullCandy cans, and personally, I didn't like the sound of any of them. Plus, comfort is a key factor to me, and SC design is uncomfortable on my head. The HD598s I have are the most comfortable set of headphones I've ever owned, and are only second to the Denon AH-D600 for ones I have listened to, from a comfort standpoint.
Gold: 252.00
Mar 10 2014 04:22pm
Quote (Surfpunk @ Mar 10 2014 12:32pm)
I guess we'll just have to chalk it up to personal preference. I've listened to quite a few sets of SkullCandy cans, and personally, I didn't like the sound of any of them. Plus, comfort is a key factor to me, and SC design is uncomfortable on my head. The HD598s I have are the most comfortable set of headphones I've ever owned, and are only second to the Denon AH-D600 for ones I have listened to, from a comfort standpoint.

yea im shopping for a new headset too since my skullcandies just broke. I want some that completely wraps the ear but also where the speakers turn outward for when thay are around your neck. do u know what i mean? do u know any like this?
Mar 11 2014 06:51pm
Assuming you're referring to swivel speakers, Plantronics makes several models that have pivoting ear cups.
Gold: 1,560.00
Mar 12 2014 07:58pm
Sony MDR-V55 are really cheap decent headphones

Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro 80 Ohm are more pricey but they're great and work well with PCs and other non-hifi stuff, very happy with mine.
Gold: 15.00
Mar 20 2014 06:55pm
they all crap

Quote (fulper @ 12 Mar 2014 20:58)
Sony MDR-V55 are really cheap decent headphones

Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro 80 Ohm are more pricey but they're great and work well with PCs and other non-hifi stuff, very happy with mine.

this

This post was edited by eric838 on Mar 20 2014 06:57pm
Gold: 1,743.00
Mar 21 2014 03:45pm
Quote (Grippster @ Mar 10 2014 12:10am)
you can use them and 99% of people won't care because most people dont understand anything. but i wouldnt subject myself to moniters knowing that a cheap pair of skull candies sound warmer and better. moniters are for making music, not listening to the final product. why do you force yourself to use moniters when cheaper headphones sound better? your just being stubborn. moniters sound terrible. they are for working not enjoying.

as for durability. i got a used pair of skullcandies at goodwill and they just gave out a year later. they sound better than my b&w's. They fold up nice and are good for taking on and off all the time when im out living my life.

eh, post this in computer hardware discussion section and see what kind of shit storm awaits you :)

Quote (jmmedic66 @ Feb 6 2014 05:16pm)
Razer Kraken 7.1

is shit

everything on the pole is bad for the price

This post was edited by Bankai on Mar 21 2014 03:46pm
Gold: 655.00
Mar 27 2014 03:55am
Quote (lightningwolf @ Feb 7 2014 12:22pm)
i am looking for headphones to wear out and about to listen to my music

Quote (urbantech2 @ Feb 26 2014 07:00pm)
I go with $10 earbuds and they last me a good few months with good sound. anything else is simply overpriced garbage. lol

like say you have some Sennheiser HD-650's sennheiser hd598's and sony clip on head phones and you want to listen to them on your ipod.

sennheiser 650's have 300 ohm impeadence, they need a lot of juice to get the volume your going to want, so they are going to be too quite on an ipod for you to be able to tell any difference between them and any other headphones.

sennheiser 598's are only 50 ohm, youll get a bit more volume out of these when listening to your Ipod, but they are still going to sound a bit under powered. at this point you will be able to tell they are better than a lot of cheaper head phones.

sony clip ons are like 16 ohms, youll get all the volume you need, but at higher volumes you might notice some crackaling or a hiss on occasion.

If all you want the headphones for is listening to the music through a portable music device, spend 10-20$ on some cheap clip on head phones.

if you have a stereo system at home with a large collection of cd's and records that you plan to listen to with headphones, get good headphones.

This post was edited by Ylem122 on Mar 27 2014 03:58am
Gold: 152.00
Apr 3 2014 02:03pm
You named probably the 4 worst value headphones money can buy lol

Check out www.head-fi.org or www.headphone.com for some good info
Go Back To Entertainment Room Topic List
Prev12347Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll