d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > MMORPG > Guild Wars 1 & 2 > Bringing Cursed Shore Back
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jan 20 2014 04:19am
I've been running Cursed Shore with my guild and it really seems to be taking off. People seem to really be embracing this whole movement. Every night we do it on a different server right after one of our teq raids and people on those servers keep asking me if it's a nightly thing, to which I respond "it is if you make it that way", and explain to them that we are a cross server group, and that they can start this on their servers as well. I won't claim to be anywhere near as good at this as Cream Float, but still, people are starting to see how stupid champ farming is when you can farm the balls off of CS. Expect to see this happening on every server before too long. Just thought you'd like to see what you started Wretch.

This post was edited by SerenityInDeath on Jan 20 2014 04:23am
Gold: 34.08
Jan 20 2014 06:11am
So important he made an account on jsp to tell us!
Gold: 22.00
Jan 20 2014 09:30am
Quote (AirJohnny @ Jan 20 2014 07:11am)
So important he made an account on jsp to tell us!

i do believe that's an irl buddy of mine!

who needs to get 50 posts quick so he can sport that badass sig i made him ;]

This post was edited by Wretch on Jan 20 2014 09:55am
Jan 20 2014 05:11pm
Quote (Wretch @ Jan 20 2014 03:30pm)

http://forums.d2jsp.org/user.php?i=431339 ????
Jan 20 2014 06:00pm
Quote (AirJohnny @ Jan 20 2014 06:11pm)

LOL LAZ!

no that isn't laz. i beg him all the time to play gw2 but he refuses >:O
Gold: 212.00
Jan 20 2014 08:22pm
Problem is DR
It seems to have been turned up recently

Hopefully this coming patch makes it easier on legitimate gamers who are not botting or exploiting
Considering that ascended/legendary requires a significant amount of grinding
It seems a contradiction to punish players who are just trying to get shit done
Gold: 42.00
Jan 20 2014 08:28pm
Quote (Wretch @ Jan 20 2014 09:30am)

you corrupted the poor fellow

jsp is not a place for newcomers dont you know this???
Jan 20 2014 08:33pm
Quote (TSBoyer @ Jan 20 2014 09:22pm)
Problem is DR
It seems to have been turned up recently

Hopefully this coming patch makes it easier on legitimate gamers who are not botting or exploiting
Considering that ascended/legendary requires a significant amount of grinding
It seems a contradiction to punish players who are just trying to get shit done

similar to saying dungeons are pointless because you can only get 60 tokens on the first path run per character

shitty as always tsboyo
Gold: 212.00
Jan 22 2014 01:33am
Quote (Wretch @ Jan 20 2014 09:33pm)
similar to saying dungeons are pointless because you can only get 60 tokens on the first path run per character

shitty as always tsboyo

Apparently someone doesn't understand how DR works

Diminishing returns

Diminishing returns, abbreviated DR, is anti-farm code implemented to prevent bots and exploits from disrupting the economy and gaining an unfair advantage over legitimate players.[1]
DR is character-based in all areas except dungeons, where it is account-based and shared between characters.
It affects most activities that have potential for abuse.
Diminishing returns on loot is not intended to affect the average player, i.e. very few players will experience it during normal play.
DR accrues in "points", which will lead to decreases in the benefits for the relevant activity, such as drop rate or rewards.

Affected activities
Dungeons
Dynamic events
Loot from enemies

Dungeons
Dungeons use a DR system due to their large rewards and ability to be repeated quickly. This is designed to minimally impact the speed runner or average player.
DR is account-based, switching between characters does not ignore the effects of DR.
DR triggers if the dungeon is completed consecutively or in under 30 minutes. DR can be thought to accrue in points and affects any dungeon.
Cycling between two different dungeons will not bypass DR. For each point of DR earned, potential rewards will be reduced by half, until they reach a minimum value.

Affected dungeon rewards:
Coin
Dungeon tokens
Experience

Dynamic Events
Dynamic Events use a DR system in order to limit players from excessively farming one area.
DR is character specific, and switching between characters will bypass the effects of DR.
DR is not event specific, but rather area specific. It is designed to prevent congestion in one particular map, and to discourage illegal activities such as botting.
DR triggers after the player passes a set limit of events, usually after a player has cycled through events on a map for over three hours. Potential rewards are reduced dramatically right after the player bypasses the limit.

Affected dynamic events:
Coin
Experience
This post was edited by TSBoyer on Jan 22 2014 01:34am
Jan 22 2014 05:26am
Quote (TSBoyer @ Jan 22 2014 07:33am)
Apparently someone doesn't understand how DR works

Diminishing returns

Diminishing returns, abbreviated DR, is anti-farm code implemented to prevent bots and exploits from disrupting the economy and gaining an unfair advantage over legitimate players.[1]
DR is character-based in all areas except dungeons, where it is account-based and shared between characters.
It affects most activities that have potential for abuse.
Diminishing returns on loot is not intended to affect the average player, i.e. very few players will experience it during normal play.
DR accrues in "points", which will lead to decreases in the benefits for the relevant activity, such as drop rate or rewards.

Affected activities
Dungeons
Dynamic events
Loot from enemies

Dungeons
Dungeons use a DR system due to their large rewards and ability to be repeated quickly. This is designed to minimally impact the speed runner or average player.
DR is account-based, switching between characters does not ignore the effects of DR.
DR triggers if the dungeon is completed consecutively or in under 30 minutes. DR can be thought to accrue in points and affects any dungeon.
Cycling between two different dungeons will not bypass DR. For each point of DR earned, potential rewards will be reduced by half, until they reach a minimum value.

Affected dungeon rewards:
Coin
Dungeon tokens
Experience

Dynamic Events
Dynamic Events use a DR system in order to limit players from excessively farming one area.
DR is character specific, and switching between characters will bypass the effects of DR.
DR is not event specific, but rather area specific. It is designed to prevent congestion in one particular map, and to discourage illegal activities such as botting.
DR triggers after the player passes a set limit of events, usually after a player has cycled through events on a map for over three hours. Potential rewards are reduced dramatically right after the player bypasses the limit.

Affected dynamic events:
Coin
Experience

You idiot.
Go Back To Guild Wars 1 & 2 Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll