d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Garciaparra's Max Block Vita Blizzard Sorceress > The 105 Vita Tank
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10,467.30
Dec 12 2013 07:58pm
Garciaparra’s Vita Max Block Blizzard Sorceress Guide
Thanks to Azn masta for the presentation concept.
Thanks to DOHtrader for the layout concept.

Table of Contents

To start
• Introduction
• Garciaparra’s Stat’s

The gear
• Gear
• Stashed Gear
• Gear for Each Setup

Inventory and Stats
• Inventory
• Stat Distributions
• Skill Distributions
• Resistance Guide
• Tables

To finish
• Conclusion

Introduction:

Hi, my name is Aaron and as many know I build only sorceresses. When looking over the current guides for a max block sorceress, there is not really an updated version, so I decided to make one.

A blizzard Sorceress is a very powerful dueler in pub games and also can hold its own in 1v1 gm style duels. The sorceress offers a mass amount of damage, along with shredding enemy resistance to cold can really pack a punch. Most people when building a block sorceress prefer to go with Energy shield. I myself don’t like to use Energy shield on a cold sorceress, unless frozen orb (this isn’t 2004 anymore so they are irrelevant).
When building a blizzard sorceress you want to combine heavy damage, and good survivability. This guide will show you how I built mine, which I think is a pretty good build. There are other ways of course to build, but this one for me, seems more balanced.
This sorceress is built on East Non Ladder. Of course in other realms other gear is available for use, so builds may change.
Now that you have an overview of the sorceress, let's go to the guide.

I will give you an average of what you will/should have following this guide. These numbers are dependent on which build you currently use (max block or caster)

3,100 to 3500 + life
10k to 16k damage
86% Fhr
105% Fcr
75 Resistance in hell, with the possibility of 5% max to fire/light skills

Here is my caster setup

Here is my Block setup

Gear

Helms:

2 sorceress 20 fcr 28 strength 10 Dexterity 23 cold resistance 2os (7fhr/9str/8dex/10allres jewels)

These helms may be hard to find, however for your max block set up, it offers basically all you need. Obviously all resistance or poison resistance base would be much preferred over cold resist. You are looking for all stats listed here, they don’t need to be as high, but it is preferred that way.

2 sorceress 20 fcr 25 strength 11 dexterity 2os (Ber Ber)

This helm will be used against enemies that don’t require full block, however that deal physical damage. You are looking for all stats listed here, they don’t need to be as high, but it is preferred that way.

2 sorceress 20 fcr 30 frw 31 life 26 light resistance 2os (Cham Lo)

This helm will be useful against any type of caster such as lightning sorceress, trap assassins, ect. You are really only looking for life here, however resistance is a bonus!

Nightwings Veil (7fhr/9dex/36fres/9allres)

This helm is your standard caster set up. This offer +2 skills, 15% cold skill damage, and some absorb. Use this against general casters

Armor:

Perfect TwitchThroe(7/9str/9dex/8all)

This armor is the ultimate max block Characters Dream. This offers max block with under 180 dexterity at level 99. It also offers Faster hit recovery, strength and dexterity.

Perfect Ormus Robes 3 Blizzard

This will be your alternative armor for non-block set ups. This offers a huge amount of damage along with faster cast rate. And it’s a light armor!

Perfect Enigma Wire fleece

This armor is going to be used against Trap assassins. The combination of strength, faster run/walk and life will give pretty good stats against trap sins where WSG is very useful.

Shield:

Storm Shield (7fhr/7life/10allres/-15%)

For a vita sorceress, this is the only shield to be used for max block. The obvious reasons are 35% Damage reduction, High defense, some resistance, and strength. Whistan Guard is for only Energy shield sorceress!

Spirit Monarch

This is the shield to use against casters. Faster cast rate, Resistance, Faster hit recovery, skills, mana ect. No brainer!

Spirit Monarch (eth) (Switch)

For your Call to arms side. Eth, will not get damaged, and 10 less strength. This is to only be used against casters that to not offer physical damage.

Belts:

Arachnid Mesh

It gives 20% Fcr which we absolutely need with the 5% max mana that is useful. The skill that it gives is sex too.

Snowclash

This belt will be used against casters. Offering one more skill to blizzard, Chilling armor, it is better option here than anything.

Rings:

10fcr/54ar/10dex/28life/11allres/27poison resistance
10fcr/16ar/10dex/38life/8allres/34poison resistance

Since using shadow Dancer boots over ethereal Treks, you will need poison resistance. These rings will make sure you have 75 resist in hell. Each stat is needed on these rings except AR. Look for at least 10 dex, 25+ life, and 8+ all res with some poison resist stack.

Perfect Bul-Kathos Wedding band Rings

These rings are for your caster side set up. Life, Skills are perfect for what you need.

Wisp Projector

This ring will be used as part of your 80/20 absorb set up against lightning damage skills

Dwarf Star

This ring will be used as part of your 80/20 absorb set up against fire damage skills

Gloves:

Trang Gloves

Trangs give Cold resist with the 20% Fcr. No other option here.

Boots:

Shadow Dancers

30 Faster run walk, 30 faster hit recovery, 25 dexterity. What more could you ask for?

Ethereal Sandstorm Trek

20 faster run walk, 20 faster hit recovery, strength, vitality. You need every stat. Grim Spur boots Can be a nice alternative as well

Amulet:

2 sorceress 10 fcr 17 Dexterity 60 life 18 all resistance 12% DTM.

For Max block, this amulet provides the dexterity you need, along with life and resistance.

2 sorceress 10 fcr 26 strength 56 life 15 all resistance

This will be on your caster side amulet. This offers strength, life, and resistance.

Weapons:

Deaths Fathom (7fhr/9dex/36fres/9allres

This is the only weapon you need on your main hand. The skills, faster cast rate, high cold skill damage and resistance are perfect.

Call to Arms

Pretty Self Explanatory, Right?

Gear for each setup

Caster Setup #1

• Helm - Nightwings Veil (7fhr/9dex/36fres/9allres)
• Armor – Ormus Robes (Jah)
• Amulet - 2 sorceress 10 fcr 26 strength 56 life 15 all resistance
• Boots – Ethereal Sandstorm Trek
• Rings – Bul-Kathos Wedding band x2
• Gloves – Trang-Ouls
• Belt - SnowClash
• Weapon – Deaths Fathom (7fhr/9dex/36fres/9allres)
• Shield – Spirit Monarch

Caster Setup #2

• Helm - 2 sorceress 20 fcr 30 frw 31 life 26 light resistance 2os (Cham Lo)
• Armor – Perfect Wire Fleece Enigma
• Amulet - 2 sorceress 10 fcr 26 strength 56 life 15 all resistance
• Boots – Ethereal Sandstorm Treks
• Rings - Bul-Kathos Wedding band / Perfect Wisp Projector / Dwarf Star
• Gloves – Trang-Ouls
• Belt – SnowClash
• Weapon - Deaths Fathom (7fhr/9dex/36fres/9allres)
• Shield – Spirit Monarch

Max Block Set up

• Helm - 2 sorceress 20 fcr 28 strength 10 Dexterity 23 cold resistance 2os (7fhr/9str/8dex/10allres jewels)
• Armor – Twitchthroe (7fhr/9str/9dex/8allres)
• Amulet - 2 sorceress 10 fcr 17 Dexterity 60 life 18 all resistance 12% DTM
• Boots – Shadow Dancers
• Rings - The two fcr rings
• Gloves - Trang Gloves
• Belt - Arachnid Mesh
• Weapon - Deaths Fathom (7fhr/9dex/36fres/9allres)
• Shield – StormShield (7fhr/7life/10all/-15%)

Inventory:

9x Cold Grand Charm with 45 to life
10x 20 Life/5 All resistance Small charms
1x 5fhr / 5 all res small charm (use on mb)
20/20 Stat Torch.
20/20 Stat anni.

Stat Distribution:

Strength - Enough to wear Entire caster setup, since mb requires less strength
Dexterity – Base.
Vitality - All the rest.
Energy - Base

Skill Distribution:

Required:
• Blizzard - 20
• Ice bolt - 20
• Ice Blast - 20
• Cold mastery - 20
• Glacial Spike - 20
• Teleport - 1
• Shiver Armor - 1
• Warmth - 1
• Frozen Orb - Rest

You will always need 105% Fcr and 86% Fhr.

Resistance

Your aim is to be able to stack over 200% to all resistance. This will ensure that you have enough to negate the – hell amount. For cold sorcs, 450 total resist is needed, for negating a Es Nova sorcs, youll need 350 light resistance at least.

Dueling Strategy

Practice makes perfect. Don’t get hit, isn’t that good enough?

Conclusion

Hopefully this guide helps any of you interested in making a vita max block blizzard sorceress! Feel free to post any items you prefer to use over what I posted. This is a build I prefer, however as I mentioned there are other setups available.

Gold: 15,220.00
Dec 12 2013 09:28pm
10k on vita mb not very convincing!
Dec 12 2013 09:30pm
Quote (Larry777 @ Dec 12 2013 11:28pm)
10k on vita mb not very convincing!

you shouldnt need anymore. But if kids want more, they can just use facets in armor helm and weapon.

but who uses facets in pvp?
Gold: 15,220.00
Dec 12 2013 09:49pm
Quote (Garciaparra @ Dec 13 2013 04:30am)
you shouldnt need anymore.  But if kids want more, they can just use facets in armor helm and weapon.

but who uses facets in pvp?

cold sorcs, but facets are not the only problem

you obv put some effort in build and i agree vita mb is a bit of a challenge, but 10k dmg wouldn't satisfy me, neither on mb or es, just my 2 cents

This post was edited by Larry777 on Dec 12 2013 10:13pm
Dec 12 2013 09:58pm
Quote (Larry777 @ Dec 12 2013 11:49pm)
cold sorcs, but facets are not the only problem

thanks for your opinion ofc, feel free to post better alternatives to gear choices

but this build suites me perfectly, and is not too expensive.
Banned
Gold: 10.00
Warn: 20%
Dec 13 2013 01:29am
Ok so I stopped reading after looking at these 2 screens with stats...
10k dmg with mb setup? sorry mate but similar dmg my tal es has... (20pt in telekinesis)

Last time someone asked me for blizz mb build I posted setup that hits 3k life 105/86 max resi obviously but with over 14k dmg.
Your vita setup hits decent stats (tho crappy mana - uncofortable to play with such amount), but mb setup is just bad...

Dec 13 2013 01:47am
Quote (mysz15 @ Dec 13 2013 03:29am)
Ok so I stopped reading after looking at these 2 screens with stats...
10k dmg with mb setup? sorry mate but similar dmg my tal es has... (20pt in telekinesis)

Last time someone asked me for blizz mb build I posted setup that hits 3k life 105/86 max resi obviously but with over 14k dmg.
Your vita setup hits decent stats (tho crappy mana - uncofortable to play with such amount), but mb setup is just bad...

It's a 0 point dex build
The whole point of this was to have nothing put into dex

As far as mana goes, on the vita you could easily just use 2soj to sacrifice a small amount of life for mana, and on the mb side the ideal rings are 10/15dex/40life/90mana/11 all resist, but there extremely rare to find with just all mods

This post was edited by Garciaparra on Dec 13 2013 01:52am
Banned
Dec 13 2013 01:52am
Quote (Garciaparra @ 13 Dec 2013 08:47)
It's a 0 point dex build
The whole point of this was to have nothing put into dex

ohh so I will weaken my char on purspose of just not putting any statpoint into dex... ?
Well this goal is kinda stupid...
10k dmg is far too little for vita soso - period
Dec 13 2013 01:56am
Quote (mysz15 @ Dec 13 2013 03:52am)
ohh so I will weaken my char on purspose of just not putting any statpoint into dex... ?
Well this goal is kinda stupid...
10k dmg is far too little for vita soso - period

Yes that's the purpose, it boosts other switch settings.

I don't have any issues with 10k blizz I do well in pvp against stacking or non stacking chars. Except Druids there just a boring duel
Banned
Dec 13 2013 01:59am
Quote (Garciaparra @ 13 Dec 2013 08:56)
Yes that's the purpose, it boosts other switch settings.

I don't have any issues with 10k blizz I do well in pvp against stacking or non stacking chars.  Except Druids there just a boring duel

then u play vs some rand retards;)
I use to have 95es 9k dmg blizz soso
and I had felt that amount is way too low vs decent pvpers who stack.
Blizz is only strong if it hits really hard or it's mixed with really gz survivability (like es/dr or es/block) but just vita mb with dmg of an es sorc but sirvivabilit of vitaq sorc = phail
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll