d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > MMORPG > Guild Wars 1 & 2 > What Type Of Setup..
Prev1234
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll
Gold: 400.00
Dec 13 2013 11:28am
Quote (AirJohnny @ Dec 13 2013 04:58am)
Well you need to tell your parents to return the CPU, get an i7. Ditch the 780 and get a 290x. The processor needs to be at the top end so that when you're runniing in zergs there's no shitty choppiness.
Also, why are you getting 4x4GB RAM? Get 2x8GBs. Then you have room to upgrade to 32 one day.

Also, as far as I am aware, the Corsair H100i is a better cooler.

That's a real shame.

They probably wont do that tbh, im not too worried about it tho..hell, im even thankful they're getting me anything for xmas so im going to get what i can, and the i5-3570k is plenty for what i need. And i dont want a 290x being as they get hot as hell and theres no 290x's with aftermarket coolers out yet. plus i want to go back to nvidia being as ive always liked them more and better drivers and they've never let me down.
Also im not too worried about the RAM, i wont notice really any difference plus i got them on sale. Just to future proof more. no biggy really

And I know the H100i is a great cooler but im not doing any extreme OCing or such so im not worried about it. read tons of reviews on the TT 3.0 performer and has great reviews, great cooling and was cheaper.
Gold: 34.08
Dec 13 2013 02:49pm
Quote (DaRkGoDz @ Dec 13 2013 05:28pm)
They probably wont do that tbh, im not too worried about it tho..hell, im even thankful they're getting me anything for xmas so im going to get what i can, and the i5-3570k is plenty for what i need. And i dont want a 290x being as they get hot as hell and theres no 290x's with aftermarket coolers out yet. plus i want to go back to nvidia being as ive always liked them more and better drivers and they've never let me down.
Also im not too worried about the RAM, i wont notice really any difference plus i got them on sale. Just to future proof more. no biggy really

And I know the H100i is a great cooler but im not doing any extreme OCing or such so im not worried about it. read tons of reviews on the TT 3.0 performer and has great reviews, great cooling and was cheaper.

Hmm. I chosen nvidia for its drivers too, but I feel AMD would have took me a lot further. Luckily I am rebuilding my comp and may be adding a second 770 to SLI.
Honestly, you are going down the wrong path if you don't want to get the H100i, you may as we'll save another 40 dollars and get the Hyper212. It's not water cooling, sure. But it will keep the temps down if you're not planning on going crazy with OCing.

Are you building it yourself or somebody else doing it for you?
Dec 13 2013 03:07pm
Quote (AirJohnny @ Dec 13 2013 12:49pm)
Hmm. I chosen nvidia for its drivers too, but I feel AMD would have took me a lot further. Luckily I am rebuilding my comp and may be adding a second 770 to SLI.
Honestly, you are going down the wrong path if you don't want to get the H100i, you may as we'll save another 40 dollars and get the Hyper212. It's not water cooling, sure. But it will keep the temps down if you're not planning on going crazy with OCing.

Are you building it yourself or somebody else doing it for you?

Friend is helping with it on whole thing.

And I truthfully wouldnt mind a 290x..but not until better cooling is out for them. but ill be buying my video card next week and i doubt new 290's coming out that soon lol. 780 FTW will do anything and everything plus more id use it for.

And at most OCing i plan to do is 4.2 maybe up to like 4.4 ish..and the LC i chose will be the right one for me after many reviews and people posting their temps/setups with same CPU/clock speeds etc. and i just trust LC more vs air..i know 212 is amazing cooler but i just trust LC more.

Gold: 34.08
Dec 13 2013 03:26pm
Quote (DaRkGoDz @ Dec 13 2013 09:07pm)

And I truthfully wouldnt mind a 290x..but not until better cooling is out for them. but ill be buying my video card next week and i doubt new 290's coming out that soon lol. 780 FTW will do anything and everything plus more id use it for.

And at most OCing i plan to do is 4.2 maybe up to like 4.4 ish..and the LC i chose will be the right one for me after many reviews and people posting their temps/setups with same CPU/clock speeds etc. and i just trust LC more vs air..i know 212 is amazing cooler but i just trust LC more.

Well seems like you put in a fair bit of research, I thought I'd offer my input on things. Last question, why not a 780ti?
Also, post up some pics of your build when it's finished, I'd love to see the finished product. Building yourself a pretty stronk computer. I'm always glad to see real PC gamers are still out there.
Dec 13 2013 03:31pm
Quote (AirJohnny @ Dec 13 2013 01:26pm)
Well seems like you put in a fair bit of research, I thought I'd offer my input on things. Last question, why not a 780ti?
Also, post up some pics of your build when it's finished, I'd love to see the finished product. Building yourself a pretty stronk computer. I'm always glad to see real PC gamers are still out there.

Well, id LOVE a 780 Ti..anyday. Only problem is i cant afford to spend $700+ right now.. as much as i wish i could. It would be amazing to have the best video card out there right now. just cant afford that extra 200 atm..xmas made me broke buying gifts haha.

And all input iS welcome, believe me! i always take advice and help when needed, same for cars..which is my other big thing i love. somebody will always know more than me but all it does for me is give me their knowledge for me to pass on.

i will! ive never been this excited for a computer before, finally building a system ive always wanted and could now finally afford! still cant decide on one last thing tho on my computer... which is stumping me.

This post was edited by DaRkGoDz on Dec 13 2013 03:37pm
Gold: 22.00
Dec 13 2013 05:09pm
Quote (DaRkGoDz @ Dec 13 2013 04:07pm)

liquid cooling IS phenomenal.

but if you think you can OC an intel from 3.4 to 4.4, i think you need to do a little more research lol.

keep in mind that the major differences between i5 and i7 is not the clock speeds, it's just the technology and performance ability. the same reason why a quad 4.0 AMD doesn't even hold a candle to a quad 4.0 intel performance-wise.

This post was edited by Wretch on Dec 13 2013 05:13pm
Dec 13 2013 06:44pm
Quote (Wretch @ Dec 13 2013 03:09pm)
liquid cooling IS phenomenal.

but if you think you can OC an intel from 3.4 to 4.4, i think you need to do a little more research lol.

keep in mind that the major differences between i5 and i7 is not the clock speeds, it's just the technology and performance ability. the same reason why a quad 4.0 AMD doesn't even hold a candle to a quad 4.0 intel performance-wise.

I've read tons of reviews and benchmarks and everything of people OCing the i5-3570k to an easy 4.2 minimum and with more powerful LC than I got, up to 4.4-4.6 stable.. Read quite a lot of people running 4.4-4.7 actually but their LC was stronger than mine. But I got no plans to go that high.

After a lot of reading and research and talking to my friend who builds comps/IT etc.. He said and everyone else I read, can get 4.2 clock speeds on my CPU on air, with no voltage changes. Anything past that you will have to mess with voltages. So I can easily get a very steady and sufficient 4.2 with the liquid cooler that I got.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
Jan 8 2014 08:01pm
It's just really CPU intensive so get a decent processor and it will run on any GPU really.. I just put in an R9 280x which is a 400 dollar GPU and I'm still bottlenecking CPU lol so my next stop is probably an i7 intel.
Go Back To Guild Wars 1 & 2 Topic List
Prev1234
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll