d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > Round_two The Rift Din > Thanksgiving Break Has Sucked Me In
Prev14567877Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 20.00
Dec 9 2013 12:06am
Lol @ Doom Bang

Good job! Keep up the good work.
Gold: 13,891.00
Dec 9 2013 12:12am

Found the 2 zones before WP :(
EXP shrine to ease the pain

Champion/Might pack of berzerkers. I had trouble with just the regulars lol. I came across this pack and gave them my merc to test danger levels. Merc popped in to ice and exploded to dust in .3 seconds :lol:

The worst part: I seriously contemplated pushing ESC again and seeing if I could hit that juvi potion.
After dying in several of these WTs I decided that it was not worth it.
Bed time :( Sad note to go out on but the fact remains: I am alive. If I am alive, then I cant complain right?

Are there any hopes of crowd control? Should I be looking for Dim Vision or Decrep charges?
Holy Freeze Merc? I think seb tried to prove that might would almost always be better right? I am getting scared and starting to think I would rather swing my weapon for an extra five minutes then get rampaged by these extra fast groups.
It seems like everything is extra fast :lol: :cry: Its so scary! Such adrenaline when I hit ESC lol
I cant imagine thats the last time I bow out. Melee pally sucks lol.
I just need to press my patience to Hell A1 where the farming shall commence.

Gold: 20.00
Dec 9 2013 12:34am
Somebody was using a wand with confuse charges as crowd control. You can try that.

Do you have a life tap wand?
Gold: 13,750.00
Dec 9 2013 01:23am
Obedience. It's perfect for your merc and set up. And it's cheap. The hardest part will be finding a good base for it.

30% Chance To Cast Level 21 Enchant When You Kill An Enemy
40% Faster Hit Recovery
+370% Enhanced Damage
-25% Target Defense
Adds 3-14 Cold Damage 3 Second Duration (Normal)
-25% To Enemy Fire Resistance
40% Chance of Crushing Blow
+200-300 Defense (varies)
+10 To Strength
+10 To Dexterity
All Resistances +20-30 (varies)
Requirements -20%

Enchant, 370 enhanced damage, -25% to fire resists, and 40% crushing blow will work great with Fanaticism or Conviction. The crushing blow will be huge for you since you're doing players8. FHR and resists on a weapon are always nice. This is my weapon of choice (I normally don't use runes I didn't find myself) for all my characters mercs that don't need Insight.

What's your end game skill build going to be?

You might want to max out both Fanaticism and Conviction. Run Convic as your main and pull out Fanat once you cross paths with a cold immune. Those pesky cold/physical immune guys can be dealt with by your mercs fire damage and your Vengeance. I'd recommend having a big physical damage weapon on switch since Vengeance damage is based on your weapons physical damage. Oath and Death are good candidates, although each requires some higher runes, especially Death. The issue there becomes having to switch your shield to your other weapon slot. Might be too tedious.

I won't even talk about the higher runewords.
Gold: 0.00
Dec 9 2013 06:41am
Quote (pickady @ 9 Dec 2013 08:34)
Somebody was using a wand with confuse charges as crowd control. You can try that.

Do you have a life tap wand?

Yup this is not a good idea
When you use confuse you make all the monsters in the area running for them. So you Will get a bigger pack of monster :(
Life tap wand is the Best!
Dec 9 2013 08:46am
Quote (Proint @ Dec 9 2013 03:23am)
Obedience. It's perfect for your merc and set up. And it's cheap. The hardest part will be finding a good base for it.

30% Chance To Cast Level 21 Enchant When You Kill An Enemy
40% Faster Hit Recovery
+370% Enhanced Damage
-25% Target Defense
Adds 3-14 Cold Damage 3 Second Duration (Normal)
-25% To Enemy Fire Resistance
40% Chance of Crushing Blow
+200-300 Defense (varies)
+10 To Strength
+10 To Dexterity
All Resistances +20-30 (varies)
Requirements -20%

Enchant, 370 enhanced damage, -25% to fire resists, and 40% crushing blow will work great with Fanaticism or Conviction. The crushing blow will be huge for you since you're doing players8. FHR and resists on a weapon are always nice. This is my weapon of choice (I normally don't use runes I didn't find myself) for all my characters mercs that don't need Insight.

What's your end game skill build going to be?

You might want to max out both Fanaticism and Conviction. Run Convic as your main and pull out Fanat once you cross paths with a cold immune. Those pesky cold/physical immune guys can be dealt with by your mercs fire damage and your Vengeance. I'd recommend having a big physical damage weapon on switch since Vengeance damage is based on your weapons physical damage. Oath and Death are good candidates, although each requires some higher runes, especially Death. The issue there becomes having to switch your shield to your other weapon slot. Might be too tedious.

I won't even talk about the higher runewords.

That's some great advice! Thanks

I am trying to prioritize my runewords for the future.
I think its like :
Treachery (x2 maybe)/weapons that will get me by
Cta
Rift/final weapons
Exile

I will certainly be checking out an obedience. The maxing conviction and fanaticism is a good idea. I just wonder if the no defiance boost will matter. Probably not that much huh... hard to say.
Also thd merc decision- might/HF. I will probably try both before I leave for hell.
Right now I'm smiting nearly full time because zeal damage sucks so bad and smite stuns really well.

Thanks for the feedback guys!
Gotta get that lifetap wand now
Dec 9 2013 08:56am
And to the end game skill set up-
Conviction
Zeal (probably just 5 hit)
Smite
Holy shield

Then some combination of:
Fanaticism
Defiance
Vengeance

I will need to skill calc and see the impact of defiance to know numbers.
Dec 9 2013 03:41pm
In the very end game when I can farm runes, do you think delirium on merc (or me for that matter) is dumb idea?

I am already building a strange build so I thought I'd go a step further.
I have zero crowd control unless I stun them one at a time.

Delirium+ treachery+ obedience on merc?

Valid point someone made with confuse is they could cause mass mob build up and then turn back and murder us lol.

Just trying to get something fun for you guys to watch goin' :)
Dec 9 2013 11:48pm
Shenk runs. A bit of chaos

Excited for this

Dec 9 2013 11:50pm
Fail

Never good to see Fanatacism on the opponent

Solution: Pull them away from the source. Out of range of aura ;) #HCPvMTactics

Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
Prev14567877Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll